By: Nimlok Online
An organization that relies on a steady source of fresh leads often turns to lead generation tools to get the job done. Yet, many either forget to choose a lead generation strategy that best meets the needs of the business goals, or there is a lack of products geared towards the unique niche market. This is a challenge that many marketers face.
The truth is, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to performance marketing out there. Rather, it takes a combined effort of using multiple lead generation tools and techniques to cover all bases. These can and may include a mix of traditional outbound calling and online business building tools. In this article, you can learn how five lead generation tips can help support your performance marketing goals.
- Attending Trade Shows—One of the best ways to get in front of your target audience as a marketer is by attending industry trade shows. First, you have access to prospects who have already indicated they are interested in what you have to offer, simply by attending. Second, you have the opportunity to connect with warm leads in a live environment to truly show your full potential. Use information gathering techniques to follow up with all leads generated from the trade show.
- Marketing Outreach—A big part of increasing the performance marketing efforts of your organization is using traditional and modern marketing outreach methods. Outreach efforts, which can take the form of cold calling, email marketing, and even old-fashioned personal meetings with prospects, can boost your ability to connect with more people in a meaningful way. Use marketing outreach as a foundation for your performance marketing and watch an increase in sales generation.
- Website Marketing—No marketing strategy would be complete without the most powerful marketing tool: your company website. However, your website needs to maximize the marketing effort that represents your company 24/7. Include opt in form for a premium incentive, multiple ways to contact your sales team, and industry relevant content that speaks to the pain points of your prospects. Frequently update your website with high quality and keyword focused content to drive more unique traffic to your doors.
- Direct Response Marketing—Traditional mail marketing has not died; in fact it’s stronger than ever in today’s business world. Using print fulfillment services, businesses can extend their reach to more leads by sending out postcards, newsletters, and other valuable content. With email marketing saturating the inboxes of many prospects, direct response marketing can provide an alternative outreach opportunity. Use direct marketing sparingly and during key promotional efforts for the best results.
- Social Networking—Completing the circle of performance marketing is the goal of social network outreach. Social networks allow any organization to personalize the lead generation process, with live updates and promotions. The use of social networking data tools gives marketers a sneak peek into the behaviors of leads and supplies a platform for connecting with others through meaningful dialogue. Content initiatives should fall into line with social networks for a branded marketing approach.
Just as in any marketing effort, you must have clear performance marketing goals in mind for each campaign. Use robust reporting products to measure the success of these efforts. Learn from each marketing technique what works best for your particular market and focus your future campaigns there. Over time, by using the above marketing methods, you will experience greater success with reaching your lead generation goals.
The Nimlok Online team takes pride in helping small businesses generate leads at trade shows by providing exceptional displays that compete with the big guys. We hope these tips help you generate more leads for your business! Special thanks to Tess Taylor for her contribution of this article.