Facebook is an invaluable tool for performance marketers—it provides them with a wealth of unique and actionable data from over a billion users without having to ask users to fill out any extra forms or surveys. With so many proactive users on the social network, it comes as no surprise that advertisers and publishers both are ready to spend their lot of ad dollars on Facebook. However, despite the fact that Facebook continues to be a hotbed for digital marketers, there are some tips and tricks that you should know in order to optimize your spend and really capitalize on Facebook’s potential. With that said, here are five tips for creating a truly awesome Facebook ad campaign:
- Use Intriguing Images—Your Facebook ad photo can make or break your campaign; before users even look at your title or read the description, they’ll see your image and decide almost immediately whether you’re offering something they’re interested in or not. In order to truly captivate users, be sure to select a creative image that appeals to their interests; simply using a stock photo that’s related to your niche isn’t going to cut it here. Get creative and use your ad image to generate some excitement for your offer.
- Develop A Great Title—Just like writing for your blog, the title of your Facebook ad should pull users in and convince them that your offer is something that they can’t live without. Having a great title alongside an exciting image is the first step to getting users interested in your product or service, so take the time to get these two things right. Ask yourself whether or not your title and photo would convince YOU to purchase your product or service; if the answer is no, it’s time to rethink your ad strategy and recreate your campaign.
- Write A Short & Sweet Description—Your description shouldn’t be a long-winded text blob describing absolutely every detail of your offer, rather, it should be clear, concise, and entertaining. If you tell prospects only what they absolutely need to know and keep them entertained, they’re more likely to follow the link to your page to find out more. Also, make sure that you include a clearly defined call to action at the end of your description—this is the most important part of your description. Make sure that when users finish reading your ad, they know exactly what you want them to do; if they don’t know what to do, they’re obviously not going to convert for you.
- Timing Is Everything—Schedule your ad to run when you expect the maximum amount of clicks and user engagement—this will ultimately translate to more conversions. However, it’s not always an easy task to know when the best time is to run an ad, so make sure that you’ve tested in your niche and understand what time of the day/week/month/year converts best for your particular offer or niche.
- Rotate Your Ads—No matter how well your campaign might be performing, you should always have multiple variations of each ad and rotate them in order to keep the experience fresh, new, and exciting for users. Utilize different copy and images every two or three days for the best results. If users are continually seeing the same images and ad copy, they’re going to become annoyed and are likely going to ignore your offer, and possibly any future campaigns based on how you’ve branded your ads.
These are MMD’s five tips to help you maximize the return of your Facebook ad campaigns. In short, keep your Facebook ads short, relevant, fresh, and entertaining for the best results. If you’ve got more tips for optimizing Facebook ad spends, please leave them in the comments below.