C++ for absolute beginners

Discussion in 'C/C++' started by workinclasshero, Jul 12, 2010.

1. workinclasshero

workinclasshero Make Money Online Very Active Members

I found this book recently for C++ programming which starts you from the

basics of programming advancing to complicated game programming. It seems

like a very good book to learn from so I figured I'd share it with all of you. I

am not sure if it was uploaded here before as I am pretty new to MMD but

here it is if you are interested.

Virus Total
    File C___Programming_for_the_Absolute_ received on 2010.07.12 20:13:19 (UTC)
    Current status: finished
    Result: 0/42 (0%)

hXXp://hotfile.com/dl/54437169/4e66ab0/C_Programming_for_the_Absolute_Beginner.chm.html

2. Adam

Adam Super Administrator Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

3. Mr.Capitalism

Mr.Capitalism Make Money Online

Hey, thanks, both of you for the resources.. Workingclasshero: could you reupload the book? I would really like to read it. thanks

4. discordia

discordia Make Money Online Very Active Members

I'm pretty sure this is the same book, sorry if it isn't though:

ImPE93dz.7z

5. gorico

gorico Make Money Online

Thank you for ebook.It is useful for newbie, who interested in programming.

6. anas12ce

anas12ce New Member

All links are dead :(
    Please re upload file
    Thank you in advance :D

7. Fahey

Fahey New Member

thanks a lot for this share. lots of useful information

8. anas12ce

anas12ce New Member

please re upload the file... I really need this
    Thank you :D

9. awesome786

awesome786 Make Money Online

Please reupload all files.Thanks.......:)

10. rtpl

rtpl Make Money Online

i prefer that use c++ book written by balaguruswamy, it is good for beginners.

11. eyekantbeme

eyekantbeme Member

This book is available online it sums up all of the basics of C++ very efficiently.

It is my favorite resource: Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  12. LukaB

LukaB New Member

Coding is not my field, tried to learn it and gave up, frustrating and surely not for me :) I'm more of SEO.

But learning C++ can be very useful and good $$.

13. workinclasshero

Coding is tough. I have come a long ways in my programming venture since posting this up here. I actually started with Javascript, once I got the basics down like variables, control structures and loops things seemed to make a bit more sense. I spent some time learning Php as well. The two languages are very similar in syntax. If you are really serious about learning you can check out this site: eClasses.org , I have taken several classes from here and they are the best I have found as far as affordable online classes where you can ask the teacher questions and follow a curriculum. I take college classes now and some of the teachers I had from Eclasses taught me way more than the teachers I have in college where I am paying $1200 per class. If you get an IWA membership for $50 a year. It cuts the price of the classes in half. I think I payed about $120 for the Php beginners class.

I think it is important that I say I have no affiliation with Eclasses, I don't get anything from directing you there. I just know how frustrating it is getting started programming. Check online for reviews, I am sure I'm not the only one saying this about E-classes.org. Anyhow, good luck and if you decide to go this route, I suggest starting with Javascript as I did, it will teach you the basics that will apply to all programming languages just with subtle differences.

14. quynhminh2014

quynhminh2014 New Member

Which are the best online web development courses?

Which are the best online web development courses?

15. workinclasshero

The only ones I took from Eclasses was Javascript beginner and intermediate and intro to Php. For web development only though I like Tutsplus.com, they have really up to date content and the one teacher Jeffrey Way does a great job. You will learn an enormous amount there. I pay like $19 a month, it is well worth it though for all the courses they have. The Jquery course there is solid. I learned a ton especially with doing Ajax calls and templating.

16. klix

klix Make Money Online

Yep, tutsplus is good. I've come a long ways from coding as well. I was here in November 2010, didn't know anything, not even HTML. As I followed some methods I had to learn how to code more and more myself because I couldn't afford to outsource it. I made like 10 different sites (mostly landing pages) and learned through that (I wasn't very good - but I could do something).

I started reading nettuts, not really following the tutorials but rather the tips / technologies they mentioned. I gained a lot of theoretical knowledge which I found out is very important in programming, because after a while of reading and not really making any new sites, I made a new site and it compared much better than the ones I made before. I made like 3 more impressive-design sites and here I am now, I can turn any design you give me into beautiful semantic HTML5 and CSS3 code.

I learned the object oriented paradigm through PHP. I never really understood OOP for a while, even after reading through a couple books and having a friend (who is taking college classes in c++) help me. Then (through nettuts) I heard about this thing called CodeIgniter, which is a framework for PHP, and forces you to use some object oriented stuff. I made my first "big site" in codeigniter, and I kind of got an idea for what OOP was. I read another book, PHP Cookbook by O'Reilly, which gave you all these examples of how OOP could be used and it all finally clicked. I read a lot more and coded more in OOP and now here I am helping that same friend that tried to help me understand some aspects of it!

After reading a couple chapters in a textbook (Computer Organization & Design) I got from the library, I understood the aspects of assembly and how compilers work, and how code works on general. Now my goal is to eventually learn assembly, and with a bit of memorization learn how to code in binary :).

17. workinclasshero

Php Object oriented solutions is a great book too. I am taking a class on Java in September, I think learning a language that it is required to code in OOP will solidify my knowledge of OOP. So far like you I have been learning languages that you could get away writing procedural code, even though Javascript is an Object oriented language you really dont need to code in OOP unless you want to. With Jquery you don't even need to know much about programming to get stuff done. I read somewhere once that you need to just keep learning new stuff and that every language will teach you something new about programming as a whole. I can testify to this fact, when I learned Php it made things clearer for me with stuff I struggling with in Javascript so even though they are two completely different languages Php helped me progress in Javascript. Anyhoot, glad to hear about someone else going through the same struggles I am, best of luck to you:)

18. sun0flower

sun0flower New Member

HTML and CSS for Beginners!

HTML and CSS for Beginners

1512users are already taking this course
    There isn't a web site out there-- whether it be WhiteHouse.gov, IBM.com or the site for your local high school-- that isn't written in HTML. If you do any level of web development-- from editing pages on a Wordpress site to designing original pages from scratch, understanding and being able to code in HTML and CSS can give you a level of control, and power over your designs that you've never experienced before. This course helps you learn the html and css you need to know now (versions 4.01 and XHTML) as well as prepares you for the future with coverage of HTML5.

19. webcreations

webcreations Member

Thanks for sharing meaning information. It is helpful for me. Expecting come more posts in future also

20. ANSHU

ANSHU New Member

Thanks for sharing valuable post