**Scammer Alert** Christopher Clegg - Clegg Digital Media

Discussion in 'The Crap CAN' started by phenom, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phenom

phenom Make Money Online Very Active Members

Just wanted to warn you all to NEVER deal with this scammer. He scammed me out of $1000 USD.

A rip-off report with tons of other people he scammed is here:
    Ripoff Report: Christopher Clegg - Clegg Digital Media Lack of business ethic Clearwater Florida

He offered to sell me his 'pva software' and US phone number sources.

The companies he gave me both said that they never did any business with him, when he explicitly told me he was buying 100s of number from them daily.

He also promised me every week for over a month the the software would be sent to me. Eventually he blamed it on the fact that the license key was tied to a server.

Then he told me that he couldn't get it released so he was issuing me a refund. Then he told me he was sick. Then he told me refund tomorrow. Then he stopped responding to communication.

Anyways, if you are offered a deal by him, no matter how sweet it sounds, you have been warned.

2. bryan_bish

bryan_bish Make Money Online Very Active Members

hey phenom, when did u get scammed by him? i mean how long has it been??

3. phenom

I believe it is now over six weeks.

4. bryan_bish

bryan_bish Make Money Online Very Active Members

oh...i hope u get bak ur money...but after reading the article the chances seem to be very low...cuz hez conned many people...!! anyways..thanx for the post

5. buzzin247

buzzin247 Make Money Online Very Active Members

Bloody hell phenom your down another 1000$!

Sorry to here that, your due some good luck mate

6. BlueRhino

BlueRhino Make Money Online

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Hopefully some thoughfull advice. It atleast seems to me that you have recently lost a great deal of money to several people.

Truely in the future you need to do more due dilligence in learning about the person/company you are dealing with before sending any amount of money, that you cannot walk away from without carring.

To expand. If the item/service your buying costs $50-100, and you are confortable walking away from the money if you don't get anything in return. Then not a lot of research into the person is needed. However, it becomes quite a different story if it's $500, $1000, $3000 or more. In today's electronic age, almost everyone is on the internet. If you cannot find anything about the person/company that should be a red flag. And if you find questionable transactions or unsatisfied customers, that should ALSO be a HUGE RED FLAG.

Sure posting a the link here by ripoff report and even attempting to track down the individual and hopefully getting some of your money back does help. But why didn't you uncover the history behind him, and research about his company before you decided to send money to him?

Also, if after you have done your research and you uncover question's about the person, or have doubts about what he's selling. Request that the transaction use escrow.com or similar service. If the seller is not confortable proceeding with the transaction through an escrow option. WALK AWAY, it's not worth it. No matter how good the deal !

7. phenom

8. BdBoop

BdBoop Make Money Online

Escrow.com is an excellent recommendation.

9. Hydrogen2012

Hydrogen2012 Make Money Online

How bout this....

"Hmmm that's weird, your first post is in defense of a scammer" or maybe I'm the only one that found weird.

10. BlueRhino

Guy's unless you can verify the nature of the websites, I personally think it's best to edit or remove the "sites in question". I am sure if Vidivo is not Chris, he would be quite upset that you are creating links potentially calling him and his sites scams. At least I know I would!

I have already seen the above post copied over at BHW, and quite honestly I would be fuming mad if someone did it to me.

11. Doc

Doc Make Money Online ADMINISTRATOR

Can we move on now from this thread?

Your just as bad as the stones your throwing. You have 2 useless posts in other sections on this forum besides this one thread.

Are you here just for this thread?

If the guy is scammer then dont have any dealings with him.

Either file a class action law suit or quit complaining. Im tired of reading this garbage everyday about this one thread. This guy was never even a member here during his scamming days. We appreciate your insight and the warning but man.

Do your due diligence before starting a venture with someone , file the proper paper work before hand and make sure your i's are dotted and your T's are crossed.

If you would spend more time in the other parts of this forum learning how to make money then you would be much better off Im sure.

Doc

12. BlueRhino

Thanks Doc. Good riddance to this thread. Seriously Turbo create a website, post it all on there. But there is no good reason to post every morsel of information on here.

Work with your attorney to file a suit against the guy. Heck maybe if their is enough money at stake, pay the $2k to have a WIPO Domain arbitration, and see about getting back your domains.

13. MrBaz

MrBaz New Member

Edit: He refunded my money. Upgrading him from a crook to "seriously slack!"

14. tlamber

tlamber New Member

Yeah, this guy is useless. He scammed me out of 500 dollars back in 2008. I paid him for 50% of a website that was never delivered... and now I'm waiting 3 years!!

15. cameron

cameron New Member

He is a scam artist. Hopefully this thread can keep other people from being scammed by him. I have been scammed and waiting almost 2 years now. Someone should go over and report him.

16. gash

gash New Member

Just do a google search using the "name of person or company" + "reviews or scam", and this should yield you some results whether the person or company is a scam. As DOC stated, do your due dilegence?

17. alexlion

alexlion New Member

Christopher Clegg \ Daniel Faraday (Excell Trading Systems \ Digital Mind) - SCAM!

Recently one of the guys from warrior forum tried to scam me. He is known as Christopher Clegg \ Daniel Faraday and his company is Excell Trading Systems \ Digital Mind Box. And I believe he is the same person as discussed here.

Basically, he tried to get back part of the money for work that has been done already, and done well. He opened disputes on the total sum of 450$ (screen), and said to Paypal that I didn’t work and clients were very unhappy, so they want the money back. This was complete opposite of reality. Gladly, I had 172 pages of skype conversation recorded, and hundreds of emails to prove the truth to paypal. This took 3 weeks, but I won the cases, this Thursday (19.07.2012).

What I actually wanted to say with this – Chris (or whatever his real name is) seems to be quite experienced in fooling other people. He told me stories about him and his business from the very beginning, when I started to work for him. And I believed him at first.. then I realized it’s all lies. I worked for him for ~two and a half months and after that he said he sold his company, so my position was closed. After a week or so he delivered this “paypal surprise” saying that he suffered tremendous charge-backs from clients and he must do this, and he is very sorry. Sure.

On top of being a liar, he is extremely irresponsible, unreliable, and plain lazy. He dragged communication with few clients for weeks, while job could be done in few days. He is creating and using fake paypal screenshots for selling his websites (and very likely that he use these for WSO’s) and he is doing all kind of illegal stuff, just to make money.

So you better stay away from him and his web design services and anything else he has to offer.

Aleks

p.s. - I will try to spread the message across marketing forums. My thread was deleted from Warrior Forum! I can't believe it, I suppose it is run by scammers as well.

18. ProAffiliate01

ProAffiliate01 Very Active Members

Thank you for letting me know. I will definitely avoid this seller.

19. tlamber

tlamber New Member

Where is Clegg

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Christopher Clegg. This guy stole money from me and countless other people, and I want to file a police report.

20. Rizzo

Rizzo New Member

It's the only way to secure your money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.