I started this section because I was jilted the opportunity to help people in a facebook group who c

Discussion in 'The Crap CAN' started by Doc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Doc

Doc Make Money Online ADMINISTRATOR

This section is only for affiliate network owners and publishers who sent traffic direct, who have not been paid by the advertisers. This is happening more and more it seems and we need to all stand up for whats right and make sure this pattern ceases. Our seo is better than most so this will definitely be indexed and the advertiser will see this.

I have put together some tips on how to get paid from a dead beat advertiser:

From owning many offline businesses and more online businesses than I count. I'm going to give you some pointers on how to get paid. This works for me and has for a very long time. You have to understand with the way the economy is today or even during booming times getting paid is a job in itself and should be treated as almost a whole different department in your business. Here are some tips.

1. It's sometimes best for you to be the good guy and get someone else to be the bad guy.

2. Let this person do all the calling and harassing for you so you can continue to look like the good cop.

3. Give this person every phone number to every person in there office. Call and speak to every person on a daily basis for every number you have. The more adamant you are about getting paid the better your chances are.

4. Find the companies owners home address and phone number and send certified letters demanding your money. Call the home and ask to speak to the person who owes you the money. If its the significant other who answers the phone and they ask can you leave a message you say sure and leave your phone number and the message is for an unpaid debt. Usually when the significant other signs for the letters and starts seeing whats going on the money begins to flow your way.

5. Give them 30 days from the date the money is owed and let them know after the first 2 weeks they are late you will be contacting the Better Business Bureau if the payment is not made in full. The BB will send them a certified letter and call them to engage in the situation and help fight on your behalf.

6. Make sure before any deal is sent over pertaining to an IO that you have a % for late charges and start tacking that on the first day they are late and send those invoices daily with the new % accrued amount. This usually gets people to pay faster because if they signed the IO then you have the right to add it in. They also take you very serious now and know your a serious businessman/woman.

7. Harass , Harass , Harass. I cant say this enough. Its only when you give up do they win. You never give up. If you don't give up you will be paid.

8. Make a trip to there office with the largest friend or employee you have , walk in and demand your money. Tell them you flew/drove how many ever miles and your not leaving until you have your money in your hand and have a seat, don't say a word. Usually within minutes the money is in your hand. Don't take a check tell them to take you to there bank , that you came for cash that there word is no longer any good to you.

9. Last resort. Contact lawyers in the phone book and tell them the situation and find one who will work for a % of retaining the funds. There is a lot of starving Lawyers right now who will put a paralegal on this and get your money for you. You may have to give up half but this is last resort and it will work.

10. If someone is working out of the home and has a business license you can walk right up to there door and demand your money just like you can when you walk into a office. If they say they are going to call the cops and have you arrested for trespassing , you tell them to go right ahead that your not leaving until you have your money.

11. If you have true binding contract and they owe you a very substantial amount of money and they just wont pay. Pay for a Billboard in there local town stating there First and Last name owes you $xxx,xxx and this billboard wont come down until your paid every last penny. I have seen this work wonders for companies in the trade business when the market and economy crashed. I know it seems far fetched but so does your money right now.

12. The only way an advertiser can get out of paying you is a few options. If they left themselves a back out clause in the IO , which is why you just don't sign what they give you. You write up your own and have them sign yours. If they can actually prove your traffic wasn't under the standards of the IO pertaining the agreement of the suggested traffic by both parties. Or if they dissolve the company or go bankrupt, its very hard to build a case on either of those. You cant get money from a company that has no assets nor any capital.

Doc
  2. Chosen1

Chosen1 Very Active Members

Good stuff doc :top:

edit: lol forget it
  3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

The best post ever.

I've had situations with people not paying me before. Next time they do that I'll show up to their place with a huge friend of mine mafia style suited up.
  4. ProAffiliate01

ProAffiliate01 Very Active Members

I hope this never happens to me. I'd rather just seek out affiliate advertisers with a good reputation.