Best Cart for Dropshipping?

Discussion in 'Dropshipping' started by DixieMcCoy, May 26, 2011.

1. DixieMcCoy

DixieMcCoy Make Money Online

So I have one site where I drop ship and a couple others I'm considering, plus one niche I'm considering becoming the dropshipper - OK, a middle man, but I have a plan for that. And it is the latter I'm looking for advice about as I want to avoid my resellers running into the usual problem I've had wen I go through my suppliers - Product lists and synchronized inventory!

Here's the plan: I buy in bulk direct from a manufacturer overseas (China in this case.) I save by ordering big and shipping it all together. I then offer to dropship these products from the US and predominantly to US customers as shipping domestically is much cheaper than shipping between the US and China. I add a little markup and everyone involved makes a little money.

Now, traditionally, a reseller will have their own cart on their own site, list my products at their prices and take orders. When an order comes in, they go on to their account on my site, place the order and I send it. In less savvy versions, they would email me their orders.

Well... here's what (ideally) I'd like to be able to do:

1. List my products (and inventory) and prices in a format their cart can automatically access. The reseller then adds their desired markup and makes the desired products visible.
    2. A customer places an order on the reseller's site and the cart syncs up with my site to finalize the order. Reseller collects payment from the customer.
    3. I fulfill the order in the reseller's name and collect my payment from the reseller.
    Ideally, this would be something simple to install and run in PHP for easy compatibility. Theme/css and customization support would be a bonus.

Is there such a thing available today?

"Drop Shipping Purchase Orders w/ PDF Packing List" for Zen-Cart is not automated on the dropshipper's side.
    "Drop Shipping/Supplier Interface" for Zen-Cart seems totally backwards. There is NO WAY if I have 100+ resellers that I'm going to log into each one to update manually. That's just DUMB.

Ideally, I'd love to see something like a pair of Zen-Cart extensions - one for me (the dropshipper) and one for the reseller.

I'm just surprised I can't find any such thing.

2. Phil_1294

Phil_1294 Make Money Online

Hi DixieMcCoy

I've got exactly the same problem here in the uk, and am currently looking for the same solution, and hopefully with Zen cart too. I must admit I haven't seen the 'Drop Shipping Purchase Orders with PDF Packing List' template, but will have a look for it now. If I can find a way to automate it, I'll let you know.

Phil

3. Phil_1294

4. DixieMcCoy

DixieMcCoy Make Money Online

Both of these seem ok if you're just the dropship reseller. The first is just an enhancement of 'Drop Shipping Purchase Orders with PDF Packing List' available free at Drop Shipping Purchase Orders w/ PDF Packing List, ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

The second seems to do the same or similar.

Still doesn't address inventory synchronization. The one site where I do drop ship through offers an up to the moment Excel spreadsheet of their inventory, but updating it manually is a pain, especially as I am not going to carry all their items.

I have a couple coding projects taking up my time right now, but once I have some time to devote, I may work on something for Zen-Cart.

5. Phil_1294

Hi

I agree about Drop Shipping Purchase Orders, but it does seem to be automated, and I'd like to hear from anyone using it, especially how well it works if you have two or more dropshipping suppliers.

Have you looked at Asponia for updating your zen cart with a csv file?

Phil

6. zoeybob

zoeybob New Member

You can use the program to achieve automatic.