WTF is this? HMA BANNED ME!! Hide my Ass is NO LONGER recomended! Alternative needed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smeltzer, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Smeltzer

Smeltzer The World is Mine ADMINISTRATOR

Well I feel kind of stupid. For years on this forum I have been telling everyone to get Hide My Ass. I know a lot of you have purchased Hide My Ass at my urging. It was just so versatile. I have used it for a long time with no problems at all. Now I know what you are thinking this is my problem and not your guys. Wrong if it can happen to me it can happen to you. So this is a word of caution.

Today at about 11 P.M Eastern just a normal day. I log into my VPS to check my set up and see if my software was all up to date and everything was running well.
    Everything was running fast. I was happy but then I noticed. A grey Icon saying that HMA is not connected. Well not really a problem it goes down like that all the time so I thought nothing of it. I log in it failed to connect.
    I tried again
    and again
    and again.
    At this point I am thinking what gives. So I log into the hide my ass VPN control panel home page. Not really paying attention I put in my details like normal. Hit the page and boom nothing. Huh..
    No worries I hit just entered in something wrong.
    I put my user pass in again.
    Now I see it in EXTREMELY tiny grey print.
    "your account has been disabled"

Well

Really?

Disabled for what?

I checked my email.
    No Email
    I look in my **** folder.
    No email from them just some guy wanting to sell me V14gr4..
    So I start to thinking what the hell gives.

I read there TOS. Hmm I broke no TOS.
    I go over there TOS with a fine tooth comb.
    Nope nothing still.

I never sent out one email with this software or did any twitter **** or anything related like that.
    So really what the hell gives?
    They just got money hungry?

Was it an accident?
    What does support say?
    Support emailed me this
    -----------------

----------------
    So I did nothing wrong they just decided they wanted to steel my money. Yeah I know it is not much but it is the principle. What kind of stupid shit is this? I have been a loyal customer for a long long long time. I have sent FREE traffic to them for MANY years I have never asked for a dime. A lot of people on this forum are users because of me. I NEVER asked for any compensation in return and I even PAID for the software on top of it all. So they made a lot of money off of me. This is how they repay me? They want to take my money?

So it has come to this. Greed.

Great well then good for them being all greedy like that.

Over the next week or two I am gonna look for an alternative for HMA.

IF you own an alternative or know someone who does contact me.

When I find a suitable alternative I will make sure it is worth your while everyone to drop HMA like a bad habit so that you too will not get banned for no reason and have your hard earned money stolen from you.
  2. ImNewHere

ImNewHere VIP MAKES ME MONEY

... heh shit want to use my account Smeltzer ? Im running one account on two machines.... heh i bet im looking for trouble myself

:motz: :saint: :reddy:
  3. Smeltzer

Nope they are done in my book. They had there chance they blew it and now I am setting out to make it my goal to find a better or equal solution. Once this is found I will make sure I make it worthwhile for everyone who is using HMA to switch over to the new VPN service.
  4. Sova23

Sova23 SUPER MODERATOR

Can't see the email they sent you.
    Well I got one problem with them. Asked for a refund 3 days before expiry. They asked about the reason, I told them that their service is fine just got problem with other software and didn't even use HMA. Week later no refund. Asked again and only then got my refund. Atleast got it.
    Strange that they would do some shit like that. How much money they stole from you?
  5. Sova23

Sova23 SUPER MODERATOR

Btw, what about hotspot shield? Don't know much about it but heard somewhere about it.
  6. Smeltzer

Lol well the email is just that. No response. The only thing I can figure is it was because I was using GSA. Yet even then I still broke NO TOS. There is nothing in there that says that I can not sign up to a site. So I did nothing wrong.

It was only like 11.00 but that is besides the point. It is not the money it is the fact that they did it.

Also the fact that I have made them a shit load of money via Word of mouth alone and not ask for any form of compensation at all.

So my idea is screw them they want to be greedy ass holes and start taking my money for no reason. Then they will have to suffer the wrath.

I will find a better solution and I will make sure it is worth peoples while to drop HMA like a bad habbit.
  7. Kush

Kush Make Money Online Very Active Members

Try CyberGhost VPN. I used to use them when I had a thing going on with online game botting.
    They offer a great free version, as well as a premium paid version.
  8. Smeltzer

Looks good except for this

* Unlimited traffic volume included. Speed limited to a maximum of 512 kbit/s after 20 GB/month for traffic flat rate L, after 50 GB/month for traffic flat rate XL and after 80 GB/month for traffic flat rate XXL.

One hell of a price for limits if you ask me. Now if they removed the limits it would be a crazy good deal. Also considering I shoot through about 80 gigs in a day or so not really good at all.
  9. BlueLion

BlueLion New Member

I am using proXPN.com, it's actually not that bad and they have a free version which is a bit sucky.
    and they give me PPTP which i like for my iphone and iPad, i'm always using a VPN as i got some accounts hacked when i was on an open wifi and logged into some of my sites, then i found it's so easy to get peoples details on a network so that's a bit scary.
    pretty happy with it anyways, but i'll try any other solutions if you guys have anything better
  10. knector

knector Make Money Online

Same thing happened to me, I had to use their live chat before I got a reason, and was told it was forum ****, if I get it opened again I will use the rest of my time (over half a year) but I will not renew it.

So did you find any good alternatives?
  11. InsayN

InsayN New Member

Hey Smeltz sorry to hear about that!

Another Alternative is Geosurf or Geosurf Plus if you do media buying as well. It has more features than HMA but does cost more. Just thought I'd share that with you cause you rock :)
  12. Murmillo

Murmillo New Member

I have used CyberGhost in the past and it was great, I definitely recommend it.
  13. Gorn

Gorn Make Money Online

I have used astrill.com in the past. At the time what I liked best was the speed. Virtually no latency, at least with US, UK and Canadian servers.
  14. Meta

Meta Very Active Members

i have recently bought hide my ass account thats horrible while reading let me try my luck