New Webstore Platform - Your advice needed

Discussion in 'General E-commerce' started by Yaros, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Yaros

Yaros Member

Hello,

If you don’t mind I want to ask you some questions regarding ecommerce platforms.

Our team is developing now a new webstore solution (startup) that should be launched in August and I am strongly interested in your opinion, guys.

1. If you are already using any of eCommerce platforms, what advantages and benefits can make you transfer to another one?

2. Are you satisfied with support, if it is provided?

3. What were the main difficulties you come across while building your webstore?

Your opinion really matters and will help me greatly.

2. CashCleaner

CashCleaner SUPER MODERATOR

I've used a WP eCommerce site, not tried opencart or any of the others.
    I have built my own eCommerce back end solution though when I found others couldn't do what I wanted.

3. Yaros

Yaros Member

I do understand what it feels like.

We have been developing webstores for a long time and there are many customers who want their webstore built on WordPress. We went over many plugins and solutions for WP but finally came to conclusion that WordPress plugins for ecommerce purposes are best suited for entry level web stores. You will never find good documentation base and solid customer support. Besides, these plugins can be incredibly difficult to setup, customize and run.

As a result we started building WP webstores using our own developed add-ons and our clients liked the results. That's why we decided to create our own platform for building websores on WP for everyone.

4. Yaros

Yaros Member

And what do you think about our dashboard design?

Please, take 10 seconds to VOTE HERE

[​IMG]

5. Des

Des New Member

Cute design. Need more info about customer payment. How much is it? What do this eCommerce platform afford for this?

6. Yaros

Yaros Member

Thank you, Des! The price is supposed to be $19 per month, including free themes, hosting, installation and even free ready-to-go websites that you can take and deep into business without starting from scratch.

7. legitsellerusa

legitsellerusa New Member

What do you think about this project? GosuCommerce For those who is too lazy to read -- it`s a new eCommerce platform based on WordPress. Looks more user-friendly than WooCommerce. They position themselves as ''eCommerce solution even your gradma can set and use'.

8. Yaros

Yaros Member

Probably the price will be $19/month including all features, hosting and free installation.

9. stargazer

stargazer New Member

What assurance can you offer that my site will be able become user friendly to all generation. I wish my e-shop to gather more visitor and make purchase. I have been in making business in the World Wide Web for almost 2 years now. What benefit can you provide me if I am going to use your platform.

10. Yaros

Yaros Member

Among benefits I can mention are:
    Thousands of great eCommerce themes,
    Fast speed of your webstore
    Fast checkout process
    Easy to manage dashboard
    Personal free support
    Help in marketing and promotion

11. Des

Des New Member

>What assurance can you offer that my site will be able become user friendly to all generation. I wish my e-shop to gather more visitor and make purchase. I have been in making business in the World Wide Web for almost 2 years now. What benefit can you provide me if I am going to use your platform.

As I see these guys are developing a WEBSTORE ENGINE. Let me explain. To make your site user-friendly for customers you just have to install new (more advanced) WordPress theme (skin, visual design, dress of a store, someting that customer see). What these guys offer is not just a theme (how your website appears from outside). They offer platform (some user-interface for SHOPPING CART OWNER or manager, smth what you see INSIDE your site). That`s what they actually made more user-friendly. Am I right?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  12. Des

Des New Member

In other words they give you a skeleton for your future webstore. You can dress it in any of thousands WordPress eCommerce themes existing -- for free or for money. They sell eCommerce platform like WordPress (ie just WP rewritten to make it more convenient for beginners and fast + some eCommerce WP plugins). eCommerce platform is actually what you (a webstore owner) see. Not your customers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  13. stargazer

stargazer New Member

Oh! you make my day. I believe that all business entrepreneur's ultimate purpose is to make good of what was invested on the business. For that reason, if one sees that this one can offer him the best advantage; then, he will surely grasp the opportunity.