How to speed up a slow Mac?

Discussion in 'Computer, Internet, Security and Technical Discussion' started by Jey, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Jey

Jey New Member

Guys, do you have any tips, suggestions?

Chori likes this.
  2. Chori

Chori New Member

If your Mac is running slow you should clean it up. First of all, delete all useless app, movies, photos and other files. Also, remember to delete useless files from the Downloads folder. Also, you should get rid of duplicate files from time to time.

3. Regan

Regan New Member

If i may ask...how old is your Mac? The useful life of the hardware can be quite a bit longer than the useful life of the software. What I mean by this is that while the hardware in your Mac may be functioning just fine, the software you are using may not be optimized to run on your configuration. This doesn't mean that it won't run but it means that it will not run as optimally as before. This is particularly true if you installed Mavericks or Yosemite on a Mac with less than 4GB of RAM. So because i really do not know more details i will summarize by saying- i)If you have an Older Mac it might be the time to get a new one and ii)If your hard drive is full then get rid of some of the unnecessary stuff like apps and see if that helps.

4. AlexPam

AlexPam New Member

The best advice is to buy the new Mac.

More budget - clean it up.