Some quick questions !

Discussion in 'MMD Answers ( Ask your IM related Questions )' started by Buggz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Buggz

Buggz Elite VIP Member

Hello fellow MMD lovers,
    I just have some quick questions I need answered :

I found a nice keyword/niche , a nice cpa offer that goes with it but I don't have any cash for the hosting / domain ( I lost my credit card so I can't pay online ).
    My question is , since the competition is quite low, Is there a free online blog plateform that ranks more easily than others ? Wordpress ? Blogspot ?
    In my situation , would you choose an online blog plateform or a free webhost ?
    last but not least question : The offer's landing page is very good , I was tempted to buy the product myself lol , but the words / keywords are using have a high competition rate , Some synonyms of those words doesn't , Could I use the same landing page and just Change the text/keywords ?

2. Matthew Roe

Matthew Roe Very Active Members

I would personally say go with the free web host. 1. You have at least some minimum control of it, which is more than you would have from a blogging platform. hostzil.la is a good place to start at. You need to upgrade to paid hosting AS SOON AS YOU MAKE MONEY though, it's never "safe" leaving your money makers in a free provider.

As for this, the way you should set your blog up is simple.

The main domain should be optimized for the major keywords, the "high competition" ones. Each individual blog post should then be optimized for the easier to rank for keywords. Each blog post should be placed in a "medium competition keyword" category.

So..

Main blog: Dog training
    Categories: German Shepard Dog Training, Blood Hound Dog Training, Golden Retriever Dog Training
    Posts: How to potty train a german shepard(Category: German Shepard Dog Training), how to potty train a blood hound (Category: Blood Hound Dog Training), how to potty train a golden retriever (Category: Golden Retriever Dog Training).

Make sense?

3. Buggz

Buggz Elite VIP Member

Great answer man , +1 rep.Thank you

4. Matthew Roe

Thanks!

Another thing I forgot to mention,

For SEO purposes, you need to make sure the categories and search pages are non-indexable. That's where the "duplicate content" theory came from actually.

Make it so only individual blog post and pages are indexed, nothing else. Then you won't have multiple articles located throughout the search engines - ultimately - removing any "duplicate content penalties".

Hope I helped :)

5. Monopoly

Monopoly Very Active Members

Setting the category as 'no-index' is something I do without thinking about but it's something I *always* forget to suggest when it comes down to it. Matthew's given you some great advice here but there's one *small* point I'd disagree on.

I wouldn't touch a free host with a barge pole. If I'm going to spend my time working on something I want to know it's as safe as I can make it. Domains are cheap ($1 if you catch them with a promotion) and hosting is what like $10 a month with hostgator.

You can make this with an hours work on a site like Freelancer or something. Do a little grunt work writing articles or posting YouTube videos. It'll easily cover your domain and hosting costs. It'll take a little longer to get started (since you need to wait for that site to pay out) but you can spend that time preparing your site design and content so you're ready to go.

Again, that's just what I would do in that situation.

People would have more confidence trusting your pre-sell on a paid domain, you'd rank better and you've lessened the risk of working hard for someone else to yank your site away.

Best of luck.

6. Matthew Roe

Agreed here actually, what I "suggested" the free host for was because that's what he had asked for. I'm with you 100% though, I wouldn't *personally* touch a free host either.

7. mikewashtm

mikewashtm Member

Free hosts are only good for testing purposes or maybe a practice. But number 1 rule is to never use one on your business.