Journey to Super Affiliate

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by bG90, Jun 2, 2010.

1. bG90

bG90 Make Money Online Very Active Members

Hey MMD this is my second journal, and with the fall of facebook pages (in my oppinion) I'm am now focusing my time now in what I think is the most powerful method in IM, paid advertising. (ppc,cpm) I'm using funds from my sister who had a strike of luck with facebook pages making a grand a day.

My goals.
    short term: build a profitable campaign
    mid term: scale that winner
    long term: ball out of control and start over at step 1

To help, I found a part time job, and also looking for another full time job to fund my campaigns and I just started to pay rent so I have to cover that as well and in addition the monthly payments of the Top Secret Marketers Course.

So I took my first steps of action today.
    (note: im not going to go into details about my traffic sources or offers im running)

Day 1:
    Set up 2 campaigns for an offer, split testing 2 demographics: male and female
    results:
    male: ctr .146 clicks 51 leads 4 earnings $43 spent $50.79
    female: ctr .088 clicks 8 leads 0 earnings $0 spent $15.04

paused the female campaign due to low ctr and created a second male campaign targeting a higher income 35k-50k
    ctr .066 clicks 21 leads 2 earnings $21.50 spent $40.46

major mistake: i did not disable international traffic (my offer is US only)
    redirected clicks to another offer: 41 leads 1 earnings 4.35 (a offer that has nothing to do with what i intended to target at all!)

total spent: $106 total earnings: $65.50

Tomorrow I will further optimize and split test, and kill the dead campaigns.
    Will also make a new campaign for a different offer.

edit: also had a ppv campagin set up one of my sites using adultaccessnow spent $20 views on landing page 2k clicks 13 leads 0 #dead

will split test a zip submit vs the 10.75 lead form for my first campaign aswell

2. Moneymaker13

Moneymaker13 Make Money Online Very Active Members

Hey man.. Way to start a journal, I need to sometime soon, when I have a method to work on..

You must be jealous of your sister making over a grand a day with FB. Lol. just playing..

I've been thinking about trying out PPC for awhile now, check out this link that anywayIcan just posted: PPC Training I dunno if it will help, I hope it does though.

I had one question though with the $65.50 that you made, was that on top of the $106 or did you lose some money??

I'll be checking back on this journal, good luck in your goals!

3. bG90

no i lost money, but is not a big deal, now i know what works and what doesn't work as well, and still have more testing to do

and about the link, well unless your a noob, theres only so much reading you can do on a subject before your wasting time and procrastinating from actually doing and taking action, this is the best learning experience

4. bG90

Day 2: mid day results
    the short form lead offer: spent 15.85 made 10.75
    the same niche zip submit: spent 1.59 made $3.00

so I will up the daily budget and maybe cpm for the zip submit and try and get more impressions

also will get started on the TSM's second method, so i will sign up for the traffic sources required and deposit some funds into that hopefully today

5. bG90

yesterdays results:
    spent $25 made $10.75 (short form)
    spent $38 made $10.50 (zip submit)
    my conversions are great on the zip submit (41%), but my ctr isn't, i will try some new banners and if that doesn't work i will have to shut this down, might probably target the same demographics on a different traffic source and see if i can get cheaper traffic

right now im on photoshop making banners for a new mobile offer campaign, maybe this is my winner?

6. bG90

ok day 3 totals
    spent: $100
    earned: $73
    lowered the loss gap with my new campaign
    found my winner of my 6 images
    one of my subid's i did profit, with $34 spent, and $42 made

tip: from this campaign i noticed targeting lower income people increases conversions

7. bG90

DAY 4
    campaign #1, i greatly decreased my cpm bid, spent $0.82 made $1.50, ill try to increase it little by little to find a balance between more impressions and roi

campaign #2
    split a) ctr .254% conversion 4.76% spent $16 earned $21
    split b) ctr .190% conversion 0% spent $12 earned $0
    total spent $28 earnings $21

both splits are targeting the same age and using same image, amazing how a little change can have such an effect on your campaign

a %30 positive roi is fine by me, hopefully this keeps up at higher bid prices, and if this keeps up as now i got $5 a day auto pilot

8. bG90

mid Day 5 results
    campaign #1
    spent $0.90
    made $3.00

campaign #2
    spent $9.00
    made $21
    i turned off split b from yesterday

straight $1.00 epc on both offers, amazing...maybe because its a saturday??

today im going to work on taking these campaigns into other traffic sources using the targets that seem to be working here.

9. happyman1001

happyman1001 Make Money Online Very Active Members

Awesome, man!

10. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Make Money Online Very Active Members

Wonderful...Keep trying and testing, and I am sure you will make it.

11. bG90

the campaign #2 (mobile) has been kind of hard to convert and profit, so I'm switching my efforts back to campaign #1 (zip submit)

I made new images and split the campaign targeting between all the ethnic groups available. Some images are racially stereotypical which has had positive effect on my click through rates, with the higher CTR im able to bid a higher cpm rate and get more impressions clicks and leads.

Talked to my affiliate manager yesterday about a pay bump and said I could ask for one when I have 50-100 leads so they can get a quality check from the advertiser, I got 64 now, 30 being yesterday alone.

still losing money but hope I can change that

12. bG90

Ok so more money I spent today. My hispanics and blacks did not give me a single lead -_-
    The white people gave me 10 leads out of 29 clicks. And 2/5, 1/5 for some other minorities. I will focus on whites as they give me more volume and conversions.

Got a pay bump! They were hesitant at first but bumped 50 cents. My epc went up about 20 cents because of this so I have much more to work with as far as margins. I can still get another bump but they want more traffic.

Fixing up my image ad which I forgot to put the headline and creating variations for different age groups so I can try them out and also get more volume. I'm also going to try to create a more targeted landing page and probably iframe the submit.

13. bG90

pre Day 9 report
    got a ppc add for my second campaign approved, I wanted to insure I get cheap clicks even if the volume is low which I wasn't getting with cpm.

For my first campaign, I have 3 ready to go with 3 different age groups and my images. Will try to get started on landing page today as I have more time. I noticed conversions were bad in the morning yesterday so I will unpause the campaigns few hours before the afternoon.

14. bG90

Ok today I'm still losing money so I'm going to stop everything except for 2 sub campaigns running. 1 was making me a little profit or breaking even. For this I'm going to try to raise my bid by 1 or few cents every day to try to get the most volume without spending too much. Another is from today and is still 2 new to tell but did way better than the other 2 I launched today. So I'll leave it at that, I can probably get $1-$5 a day.

I applied for a new campaign in the dating niche. Its a first page email submit. I developed a good relationship with my affiliate manager delivering quality leads that are so easy to fraud in so I got instant approval for the offer.

Now its time to research as I can only get ads approved in business hours.

15. bG90

Few more hours left in the day so I'll post my results:
    campaign 1 spent:$8 revenue:$12 profit:$4
    edit:its near the end of the day so my total for day 10 is spent:$13 revenue:$18 profit:$5

its small scale but im happy with my first campaign, its not over yet though, I have to keep making new ads to try to improve my click through rate, then I can increase my cpm bid.
    If it wasn't for that payout bump I wouldn't be seeing any profits today.

Now I have few things planned for the up coming days.

1) Build a campaign for this offer on the google content network. I've already done my keyword research, just got to set up my image ads and campaign. Got a $10 test budget but will use more if needed depending on how things go.

2) Continue working on that dating submit campaign.

3) This is off topic but I got an idea for the viral script. Not doing a revenge site, gotta twist it up. Already got easy access to mass facebook traffic since I was doing facebook pages before this journey, I just need monetization. Hope to go back to my hundred dollar days. Then I'll have more ppc money to play with ;)

4) Have few ideas for promoting mobile world cup cpa mobile offers on social networks so I'll try them out.

Now since im doing more different things my main goal is to stay focused and get things done. This is the hardest part!

16. bG90

Results so far: spent 6, made 6, yesterday ended with spending 17 and making 22

I created and submitted my ad for a world cup email submit. My first time promoting an international offer. Hopefully traffic is cheaper.

My eyes hurt now so I might take a break for today.
    If this goes well I'm going to start creating more campaigns for other countries like brazil portugal and australia.

Registered a domain yesterday for the viral script so waiting for that to get prepared.

17. bG90

Day 12
    I was about have my ad running on the google content network but hit some road blocks, can't direct link with a tracking link. I was hoping to run it today but I'm too tired to set it up.

Campaign #1 spent $10 made $8
    Tested a new campaign but stopped it early to fix an ad. Have to get it approved again.

My mobile campaign which I stopped running, still had it up on cpc on another source, my bid was very low so I was getting like 1-2 clicks a day until yesterday night I spent like $60 in 3 hours and made $80 while I was asleep. I increased my bid up to try and get more of that traffic. So far today spent $18 and made $37. Will probably raise my daily spending limit and see what happens. Going to speak to my affiliate manager monday and ask for a pay bump!

18. bG90

campaign #1 today doing consistent spent $6, made $10
    campaign #2 I raised my bid and got more traffic spent $78 made $140
    im excited things are looking good, i made 2 more campaigns in attempt to reach a larger audience from campaign #2 so just have to wait until they are approved
    with a payout bump im sure to make minimum %100 returns

19. happyman1001

happyman1001 Make Money Online Very Active Members

Lookin' good, man! Sweet!

20. anywayIcan

anywayIcan Make Money Online

Bg -Good to see you doing this journal - great stuff