Challenge: Make $50 a Day ONLINE | From Scratch

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by AffiliateGetter, May 26, 2011.

1. AffiliateGetter

AffiliateGetter Make Money Online Very Active Members

Hi,
    I am AffiliateGetter and most of you don't know much about me here. Keeping things short, I would want to get started with the topic (which you all are here for. From past three years I was trying hard to make some money online but I had no knowledge of how to do it. I followed many SELF PROCLAIMED GURUS but all my effort was wasted.

NOTE "DOWNLOAD LINK": For Free Ebook on Keyword Research , Jump to Choosing A profitable Niche

So many beginners face the same situations that I have faced but only a few fortunate ones are able to pull it to the limits and make money online. I had this passion which kept me working on internet marketing.

Today, I know most of the tactics that should be used in order to find success and I would be sharing this information with you here. Most of the information is available on internet already from ages but I will present it to you in a very condensed form. I will be working on LIVE projects here so you get to see the LIVE progress/failure of many things.

To start with, I will just brief what I intend to do here. This is not a regular journal, neither do I want to keep boasting without results. I will be starting a few websites from scratch and will tell you each and every thing that I do with that site to make me some money.

For those who are looking for a get rich quick scheme, please don't waste your time reading this thread. It will take some time for my websites to start making some decent money.

To provide you with better information, I am going to focus on four new websites: One with possibly hard competition and other with possibly low competition.

What do I mean by hard competition?

More sites competing for our keyword makes it even tougher to rank good in rankings. We surely don't want to go for hard competition unless the profits are worth it!

How is number of websites competing determined?
    Many people would simply put the keyword in G search bar and see the result there but this is not the right way of checking competition. Your competition is not the total number of websites containing your keyword but you competition is the websites ranking in top 10 or 20. You have to check these websites instead of anything for getting an idea of the REAL competition. ( we will cover this part as we do work for our websites )

Beginning this thread is just about giving the readers here a live experience so that the new internet marketers learn and internet marketing community grows.

continue ... :beer:

Note: Just Created Facebook Page for this challenge. So if anybody wants to join and keep watching from there, you are most welcome!
    Jump here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Affiliate-Getters-Money-Making-Boat/165800800150293

Guys, please hit Thanks button or add to rep if you like this thread :) It will motivate me!
    Thank you
  2. AffiliateGetter

For now, I am going to check a few keywords that I have in mind and churn out the best keywords according to my knowledge.

Once chosen, I will reveal the keywords here with the site names.

I will be back here in less than 24 hours with four brand new sites.

Till then, if you have any suggestions or anything that you want to know, please make a post here and I will respond as soon as possible. Your comments and feedbacks will be much appreciated.

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  3. ABC2ZAD

ABC2ZAD New Member

imma keep that in my bookmark
    ( :
  4. AffiliateGetter

Hi,
    I am back here. I was thinking all night that $50 a day is not a very big amount and many of you won't spend time in watching JUST $50 a day when $100 can be made in a day easily, right?
    Well, When I thought of starting this thread, I had one thing in mind: Let's get started with making money, if our method earns us some money, then we can always rinse and repeat the method. So, if we are making $10 a day with 2 websites then we can follow the same process and create 20 more such sites. Creating sites is not a tough task.

As I mentioned in above posts, I will tell you the niches on which I would be working for this campaign.
    So here are the keywords :

1. graco duoglider double stroller
    2. best rowing machine
    3. credit card processing for small business
    4. Male pubic hair removal

Many people don't like revealing their niches but I feel that for this thread, it is important that I tell you the exact niche on which I am going to work.

I have not yet bought domain name for these two niches but while I write this post, domain names will be bought before completing this post.

All the above keywords are chosen keeping in mind a few things.

Reason for choosing:
    1. graco duoglider double stroller : Low competition
    2. best rowing machine : High Search Volume
    3. credit card processing for small business : Lot's of advertisers
    4. Male pubic Hair Removal : good search volume, less competition

The first keyword would appear to be the obvious choice but the other two can be bit confusing.

What I need to do is buy domain names for the above mentioned keywords and start with building sites. (while I was writing these lines, I had booked domain names for the sites :) )

I will just set up the DNS and wordpress platform, after which I will be writing a few posts for these sites.
    Allow me up to 4 hours to create sites on these domain names.

If you have any question regarding the keywords then do let me know, I will be happy to help :)

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  5. AffiliateGetter

Sure ABC2ZAD. I hope you have a good time browsing through this thread :)

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  6. AffiliateGetter

Oh by the way, here are the domain names that I have bought:

creditcardprocessingforsmallbusinessz.com
    bestrowingmachinez.com
    gracoduogliderdoublestroller.net
    malepubichairremoval.net

Two of these are .com and two are .net.
    Many people say that .com is better than .net for SEO purpose. I don't agree. .Com is surely better for branding purpose but it is not the same for SEO purpose. I have a few .net sites that are ranking in top 5 for their keywords. So for this campaign where I just need to make money and not a brand, I grabbed .net extension which were exact match for my keyword.

what's up with the first two domain names? I have added an alphabet at the end of domain name. This is because I wanted to keep my domain name as exact to my keyword as I could. Since the exact match are not available, I just added a random alphabet to the domain name and got the .com extension. Now here is a SEO tip : if you are working for G search engine, then try to keep your domain name close to your main keyword. G tends to love exact match domain name. So at any point of time you are not able to get the exact match for domain name, get yourself a domain name with slight modification just like I did.

I will be coming to choosing my keywords in future posts as I have not yet explained much about it.

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  7. AffiliateGetter

I am taking a break from here so that I could create sites. Planning to get all these sites done by today itself!
  8. AffiliateGetter

One site up :
    CREDIT CARD PROCESSING FOR SMALL BUSINESS

There is no monetizing method as of yet on this site. I would first want to rank this site and then add some monetizing method to it.
    The structure of site is very basic because I have had success with this theme whenever I used adsense as the monetizing method.

I use this theme for majority of my sites.
  9. Inngen Blokkerland

Inngen Blokkerland Make Money Online Very Active Members

REally great job, mate! I love reading this. I will bookmark this page. Keep up the good job!
  10. AffiliateGetter

Thanks Inngen Blokkerland :)
    I hope you we all succeed in online marketing.

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  11. AffiliateGetter

Second site is up : MALE PUBIC HAIR REMOVAL

Same theme, same format and same intentions :)

Will wait for it to rank and reach at some decent position before putting in adsense or any other monetizing method.

Remaining two sites will be up by tomorrow after which it will take around 3-4 days or less to get indexed in Google. In my recent experience, I got some sites indexed in 2 days.

So far,
    I have bought domain names for the sites
    Wrote 4 pages each for two of the sites and will write 4 pages for the remaining sites by tomorrow.

I first used to write 300 words per webpage. After recent Google algorithm change, majority of article directories have set their minimum word limit per article to be 400 words. So now I prefer to write 400 words per webpage. It's always better to provide more content to search engines. 300 words per page still work but 400 words is even better :)

Once sites are done, 4 articles per site will be crafted. Two for Ezinearticles.com and two for Goarticles. These are the two main sites that I use for article submissions.

Why article submission?
    1. They are considered very valuable in the eyes of many search engines
    2. Good link juice from them
    3. For variety in backlinks (when used with a mixture of other links)

I will be explaining more about backlinks when the actual backlinking process will be started for these four sites.

It's always good to get backlinks from different sources and for this purpose, you might want to submit articles for your site to a few more article directories.

Here is a list of article directories that I use for article submissions:

ArticleBlast.com
    ezinearticles.com
    Goarticles.com
    ArticleAlley.com
    ArticleDashboard.com
  12. AffiliateGetter

How to set up SEO friendly sites?
    This is one of the most basic and IMPORTANT thing which one internet marketer should be aware of.
    I have my own methods of setting up SEO friendly sites and many marketers have different approach to it. So, it is not any necessary that you have to follow the same format which I use.

Here goes..

I use wordpress as it is the best platform I have ever worked upon. Secondly, there are so many plugins which are compatible with wordpress which make creating SEO friendly websites a cakewalk.

Install wordpress on your site [PM me if you have any issues with installing wordpress. I am no expert but I can surely try to help ]

For adsense sites, I use the same theme which I have used for the above sites. Name of the theme is LightWord.
    It's free and you can change its footer as well.

What plugins do I use?
    1. All in one SEO
    2. Google analytics for wordpress
    3. XML sitemap generator

These are the three plugin that I have to have in my sites.

1. All in one SEO: You get to add Title, description and keywords with the help of this tool.
    2. Google Analytics for wordpress: This tools helps you authenticate your site with your google analytics account. This saves you a lot of time of putting in the code in every page or header/footer of the site.
    3. XML sitemap generator: With the help of this plugin, you can create a sitemap. A sitemap is essential for your site's SEO. Sitemap is used as feeding search engines with the list of URLs in your site from one page only so that crawling gets better. Apart from this, sitemap is sometimes used to guide the visitors as well. But in this campaign, I am going to use sitemap only for feeding data to search engines.

When you add posts to your site, make sure to link different pages of your site with each other. This also helps in better crawling of bots plus you can get an advantage of link juice with ANCHOR TEXT from one page to another of your site.
    For example, one of your webpage is focusing on Dog Training. You can put an anchor link in the remaining pages with Anchor text as Dog Training and point it to that page. This gives you internal link juice and anchor value. Even though the external linking is important, you can never forget the significance of internal linking. Similarly, you can link other pages depending on the priority of pages.

If your site has a widget area, make your posts or categories appear in it. The more you offer to search engines, more benefits you get.

Your on page optimization includes the keyword density. Few years back, webmasters used to stuff pages with keywords but this can't be done now. if someone asks you to put more keywords than the optimum level, you are inviting risks for your site. Just try to keep search engines happy and your sites will have positive results. Put your keyword after every 100th word. So, if your webpage is a 300 worder, put in 3-4 keywords in it.

1. Always break your article into paragraphs of 100 or so words.
    2. Try to include headings and subheadings in your webpage, it's a good SEO practice too. Yes, I have not done this for my site but if you can, you should!

3. Per webpage create only 2-3 outgoing links (for internal linking)
    4. Bold and italicize your keywords
    5. If possible, include a link to your sitemap in your webpages. Your main job is to direct crawlers/bots to the right pages and if you include sitemap link in your pages, it will help bots/crawlers to site all the relevant pages of your site.

If you have any comment or suggestion or you want to add any information to this post, please post it here.

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  13. AffiliateGetter

One tip: Whenever you create a property online, always ping it.
    You have to ping your site, your articles, your web 2.0 properties and any page where a link back appears for your site.

You can use:
    1. pingoat
    2. pingler
    3. pingomatic

By pinging we are forcing some crawlers/bots to visit our site. This is an effective way to get indexed fast. Just when you create a website or page, ping it and in many cases site's indexing will get faster.
  14. ABC2ZAD

ABC2ZAD New Member

question: why do we have to wait for the website to rank and reach at some decent position before putting in adsense?
  15. PCProfitPros

PCProfitPros New Member

Great information, so far. Thanks.

I have a couple questions for you:

I noticed that you included some links in one of your articles that simply linked back the same page I was already on. Is there a reason you linked them to that same page? Or could you link them anywhere internally? Will you talk a little more about why this is important, as you suggest to "never underestimate the power of internal links."

You also mention the use of the "All In One Search Engine Optimizer" plugin for WordPress. Is this a complete solution or do you use it in conjunction with anything else? It seems to me like it does not provide enough opportunity to completely index your site/page.

Do you suggest picking only one keyword string and sticking to that throughout your site? Or do you introduce multiple keywords as your site grows?

Finally (for now), is your only source of monetization of these sites going to be from Google Adsense, or will you also be selling a product with them?

Oh, I just thought of one more thing, sorry ... do you think that a site with a domain name and an extension would work just as well as a dedicated domain name? For example, if I already owned the domain name "supersite.com" could I simply add the domain name, as in: "supersite.com/bestrowingmachine" and get the same results?

Perhaps in the future you could also talk a little about how to choose a niche?

Thanks, I look forward to watching your sites grow.
  16. AffiliateGetter

You can put the adsense code at the very moment you create your site. :)
    I haven't put the adsense code as yet for two reasons:

1. I don't want to get clicks on my adsense unit from people coming from this thread. Sometimes, people click accidentally on the ads so my adsense earnings figure could depict a wrong picture. If not clicks, then page impressions can go wrong. I don't want that to happen.

2. Since ezinearticles don't link to a page which has more ads and less content, it would become tough for me to get approval for my articles.
  17. AffiliateGetter

Hi,
    Thanks for taking time to read this thread. Sure, I would be delighted to answer your questions.

Q. I noticed that you included some links in one of your articles that simply linked back the same page I was already on. Is there a reason you linked them to that same page? Or could you link them anywhere internally? Will you talk a little more about why this is important, as you suggest to "never underestimate the power of internal links."

A. Both the above sites have same format so I would take the example of credit card processing site.

Things to Consider Before Setting up of Credit Card Processing for Small Business | Credit Card Processing For Small Business This is the link which I want to rank in top 5. If not this link, then the main site itself. Now, my site has only 4 pages and all the pages contain two outgoing links to this link and the main site. I am extracting the link juice from all the pages to the main page and site. In this process, I have put a link on that very page which goes to itself and the main site. Let's consider backlinks as VOTES. When you do internal backlinking, you are giving VOTES. Your webpages are VOTING and saying that this particular page talks about Credit card (or any other keyword. When your webpages are giving importance to any page then Google will see it as an important page and hence it will give it a priority over other pages.

By doing internal backlinking we are getting three benefits:
    1. Link juice
    2. Vote
    3. Anchor text value

I have more than 40 websites running at the moment and in my experience, when I do this it gives me better results. By doing so, I am sending half of the link juice to the main site and keeping half of it for that page.

My experience :)

Q. You also mention the use of the "All In One Search Engine Optimizer" plugin for WordPress. Is this a complete solution or do you use it in conjunction with anything else? It seems to me like it does not provide enough opportunity to completely index your site/page.

A. This plugin provides me enough features for doing on-page optimization. So far, I have not had any issues with indexing of the site when using this plugin. All I need to do is write description, meta keywords and tags and this plugin helps me in doing this easily.

Q. Do you suggest picking only one keyword string and sticking to that throughout your site? Or do you introduce multiple keywords as your site grows?

A. For any particular site, we should always be focusing on more than two-three keywords as it helps in varying our keywords base. This looks more natural in the eyes of Google. IF we create a site targeting only one keyword and we send backlinks to the site for the same keywords then it is bound to appear artificial and Google MIGHT penalize the site for doing this. The best approach to this is to go for a short term main keyword and a few long term keywords. For example: Credit card processing - main short term keyword
    Credit card processing for small business - long term keyword
    Online credit card processing for small business - long term keyword
    Online merchant credit card processing - long term keyword

Till the time you are giving a natural look to your website your site should do well.

Q. Finally (for now), is your only source of monetization of these sites going to be from Google Adsense, or will you also be selling a product with them?

A.
    For the above two sites I am going to use Adsense but for the other two sites, I am going to amazon. Amazon's commission is not high as compared to other programs but there is an advantage of using amazon. Amazon offers so many products that if your visitor has plans of buying a few more things, he can always order there. Secondly, Amazon has a reputation which which is trusted by people and when you send a visitor to amazon, he would be in doubt about the genuineness.

Q. Oh, I just thought of one more thing, sorry ... do you think that a site with a domain name and an extension would work just as well as a dedicated domain name? For example, if I already owned the domain name "supersite.com" could I simply add the domain name, as in: "supersite.com/bestrowingmachine" and get the same results?

A. The example that you just showed me won't give the same results as compared to bestrowingmachine.com or bestrowingmachine.com/bestrowingmachine

When your site is talking about something else and one of your page is talking about something else, you get a disadvantage there. However, if your main site talks about the same thing and a subpage too talks about that very thing, Google gives it more priority.

Q. Perhaps in the future you could also talk a little about how to choose a niche?

A. Sure, I would do that. After completing the remaining two sites, I will start with explaining choosing a niche.
  18. AffiliateGetter

Alright guys, I have two sites up already and yet to build the remaining two sites.

I was just checking if my two sites have got themselves indexed or no and here is what I found:

THEY GOT INDEXED :D :D :D

and indexed very well.

Male Pubic Hair Removal Site is at number 40. Yay!! Right after getting indexed it has been placed at number 40. I just need to do a little backlinking and this site will be up soon.

Credit Card for small business site is at number 210.
    It was expected to land at this place due to tough competition in this niche. But I am happy as it has fallen around 200 because now I know that ranking this site in top 10 won't be very tough. I might need more backlinks for this site than the Male pubic Hair removal site but the profits are going to huge. :)
    I hope to see this site up in top 100 within two weeks or less.
  19. ProjectD

ProjectD Make Money Online

I love this journal. Very transparent. Good luck AffiliateGetter. I'll be following you.

My Question. What is your CTR on your adsense using that theme?
  20. ABC2ZAD

ABC2ZAD New Member

this is great but i do have to ask about every step of yours :p
    how can you check if the website is indexed ,along with its current rank?

thanks man