My Long Winding Journey

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by Nebula109, May 27, 2011.

1. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Day 1

This place is a gold mine and has made me rethink or should I say refocus my plans for the future and how I'm going to implement those plans.
    First off, I have just started on the IM road and have set up a few content sites with a mixture of CPA offers, clickbank and Amazon stuff on them. I have the odd sale but already (thanks to this place) I can see that my efforts are far from ideal. So this weekend is about planning and deciding on the best course of action. I must be aware of Information Overload and be selective in the early stages. It may sound obvious but what I choose must be easy to implement but that doesn't mean that it won't be hard work, blogging for example requires constant discipline.
    My goals are fairly modest, $100 a week would be amazing to me.
    I'm from a technical background and can handle wordpress ok but I confess that this IM stuff is at times quite baffling and is very alien to me, So I'll need help and I must ask when I need it, something I don't do very well.

My journey begins today.
  2. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Day 2

Bloody Hell there are so many ways to do keyword research how do you narrow down to find the most effective method? Buy Market Samurai? This is just one of the many questions I am trying to answer this weekend. As was posted yesterday I need to stop with having too much info and stick to a particular method.

Looking at the bigger picture I think it's going to be better for me to take a 2 pronged approach. Firstly to choose promoting physical products for long term goals, this will take several months at least I suspect to see much in the way of returns. While I beaver away at that method it might be a good idea to try the more instant methods that are here in the site.
    The idea is that while I work on the longer term goal I can get some income coming in with the quicker methods so I won't flag or get discouraged by working at something for weeks at a time with little or no return. Hopefully it will also show to my family members that what I'm doing is (hopefully) the right thing and not pie in the sky.
  3. simonbaker

simonbaker Make Money Online

@Nebula109 that is the right way to do... Use some quicker methods to build up your income and invest in long term projects... and about Market Samurai Its a very good tool,Its a one time investment and very useful... It does has its darwbacks,but the team is coming up with updates,tweaking things frequently!!
  4. AffiliateGetter

AffiliateGetter Make Money Online Very Active Members

Hi,
    I wish you luck. Could you please explain the instant methods that you are talking about in your thread?

Regards,
    AffiliateGetter
  5. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Hi AffiliateGetter, I wish I knew. Currently I am focusing on the longer term method first which I'm now set on and getting that off the ground before looking at the so called quicker methods. I'll be searching this site (and maybe others) to narrow down my choices but I am a little concerned that some methods could be not as good as they seem. Like so many others I been down the road of buying or (ahem) downloading numerous ebooks detailing the perfect methods for riches only to find that critical details were lacking.
    I will be looking into Market Samurai, thanks simonbaker.
  6. AffiliateGetter

I believe in longer term methods as well. I wish you luck :)
  7. markreed757

markreed757 Make Money Online Very Active Members

I too am looking in to the quicker pay while also working on the long term solution. I know the short term can earn me some money, but involves me to keep working at it to earn the money. This to me is owning a job. The reason to also work on the long term solution is to have things eventually become semi-automatic. I say semi meaning I will still update and tweak, but should no longer have to go all out on the project. Then again hiring outsourcers would be the thing to do by then.

I'm not sure what you short term goals are, but mine are to offer a service on a few different IM forums and other places. This should make my short term cash and supply what I need for long term success.
  8. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Day 3

Good luck in your goals markreed757.

Well I have started by registering a domain name after doing my product and keyword research and nearly have a page of content ready. My biggest enemy is time, I have a busy daily schedule and it sometimes eats deep into my working hours, I dare say this is pretty common for a lot of us trying this new venture out and a growing concern is my wife is becoming very sceptical about the whole thing. I can't blame her really as in her eyes I've been doing this for 4-5 months with very little to show for it. Of course those months have been a learning curve and I never expected much in the way of income, lets hope this can now start to change.

Got to keep the faith and keep plugging away.
  9. Felix Dooley

Felix Dooley Make Money Online

That's the hard part of this IM business, people around you are skeptical about the whole thing... until the money starts coming in. I never told anyone what I was doing online as I knew people would try to put me off. It made me so defensive that to this day nobody in my own family knows what websites I have. Just keep grindng away and sooner or later you will be able to tell them... I told you so.
  10. CashCrank

CashCrank Make Money Online Very Active Members

Ha, it's pretty funny how some of my friends say "no one's that retarded to click those ads." or no one's that stupid to do a survey." I just laugh.
  11. AffiliateGetter

I too offer my services on a few other IM forums. :D That's the only way I am funding my long term projects you see.
    No wonders I run short of time when managing between short and long term goals, but that's that. Can't help!
  12. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Day 4

Well my first site is up and live with just a single page at the moment, I'll be looking to add more content as the days go by. At the same time I'll need to refine my back linking and traffic driving strategy. Web 2.0, articles and all the usual laborious stuff.
    There seems to be divided opinions on whether you should link to articles or have everything linking direct to your main site, I'll probably do both to cover all bases.
  13. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Day 9

Well I now have a few pages on my first site and has been indexed by Google. I have been submitting articles to various bookmarking sites for the last few days and have just started to submit to the "bigger boys". For me to rank I will need to have a fair number of quality back links in place. I'm going to keep at it on this one for a while longer before moving on to the next site.
  14. Audreyon

Audreyon New Member

Well I now have a few pages on my first site and has been indexed by Google. I have been submitting articles to various bookmarking sites for the last few days and have just started to submit to the "bigger boys". For me to rank I will need to have a fair number of quality back links in place. I'm going to keep at it on this one for a while longer before moving on to the next site. http://www.24loseweight.com
  15. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

I don't think this is the place to start putting your links in Audreyon and you need to read up on forum marketing.

With the helpful advice of others I have purchased 'Market Samurai' I did play with the 'ahem' cracked version but it was too much trouble to get it running right every time. I'll spend a few days on this and view the tutorials to get up to speed on getting the best from it so there will be no more work on my site for a little while.
  16. John.Tritor

John.Tritor New Member

Hi Nebula,

It seems you're kinda swamped and need multiple things done in a short period of time like searching for the right keywords for your products/services or I help and suggestions for building up your site. I would suggest getting a virtual assistant. I and a few colleagues of mine get ours from I-pepper VA.

As the saying goes "to earn money you need to spend money"
  17. Audreyon

Audreyon New Member

mbt shoes clearance

Now that you have arrived at Physical Fitness

Articles, a free and targeted resource for comprehensive health and fitness information, enjoy

browsing through all of our articles that cover a full range of fitness topics. We have hundreds

excellent authors on a host of relevant fitness and conditioning topics that are available for

use on your website, blog or ezine. Check back often as we add new articles daily.

http://www.24loseweight.com
  18. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Re: mbt shoes clearance

Jonn.Tritor I think that step is further down the line, I need to learn my craft first before outsourcing it.

Audreyon you are a complete tube.

Day 10

Goung through the Market Samuarai material and the program is pretty impressive. More play today.
  19. Nebula109

Nebula109 New Member

Bit of break there, over ten days I think. Been quite busy with my non IM work which is great of course hence the absence. I've managed to put up a couple of sites in the meantime though and have some
    sales !!!! Sweet, nothing earth shattering but it proves that the format works, time to analyse and tweak and then look at repeating the process. Must admit it has given me a buzz just as I was thinking that I was slogging away for nothing.