Making more money by building NICHE WEBSITES

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by somesay, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ivanpenev

ivanpenev New Member

Another good thread. I want to ask you something, how did you find your keywords, I find it hard to find keywords with good exact match searches, exact match domain and low competition ?

2. noface319

noface319 Make Money Online Very Active Members

My personal advice. Stay White and read about being Grey. Now, try to make your sites BIGGER... more articles IN YOUR SITE.

TIP 2: LinkBuilking til die.

Repeat and U R Done.

3. funkychicken

funkychicken New Member

Really good journal, thanks mate for sharing your progress. Please keep updating, it's very inspiring to watch your journey.

4. somesay

somesay Make Money Online

I read the question about how many articles I publish, normally not more than 5. I started to only publish three articles, but I don't know if that was such a good idea...

What is going on, I'm losing ranking!
    My rankings are going way down and from making about $2-5 a day I'm down to $0.5-2. What happened and why do I not stop building pages and freak out? Because I'm pretty sure I know what is happening. Many people have experienced this situation and freak out, but it really is nothing to worry about. It simply means my "honeymoon" is over. In my and many others opinion Google gives new sites a great boost called "honeymoon period" in this period even very weak sites will rank in the first pages. This period can take a few days or weeks and after that time your site can be buried on position +500.

Is this the end?
    NO, absolutely not! Google will use the next weeks to figure out where my website should be positioned and i will use the time to add more content and backlinks. (I started to use BMR and I will share my results with you guys) This way I'm sure the results will come back in 1 or 2 month. It really is the waiting game and that's fine. I do not want to become rich in 2 month I want to generate a passive income.

I'm still making at least some money
    Even though it is not much, I'm still making some money.

On the way to break even
    Domains and Outsourcing: $146.94 (14 domains so far)
    Income from all Niches: $ 53.63
    --------------------------------------------
    Left to break even: $93.31

What's next?
    I won't give up so easy :) I did some additional keyword research purchased 6 more domains + articles and have put 3 of them already online. I will keep on setting up webpages even though I might loose some money. I just try to think in the long run and work to make a profit.

Do you guys have any experience with the honeymoon period? What was your counter reaction and did it work?

5. genius

genius New Member

First off I appreciate the update.

You remind me of myself by not giving up when things get bumpy. I can relate to your update because I'm in the same boat as you are, speaking on the "honeymoon period". I have a niche site that was fairly new. As I build links and added content it gradually climbed the rankings. I was excited as I witnessed the progress of my site.

I build a link wheel to give the site a little kick in the butt. That went well. Then a couple days later I checked my site ranking and that "sucka" was GONE LOL! I was like where tha hell my site go! But I didn't panic though...I did a little research because I've never had a site of mines disappear. Whats strange is that my site shot up the ranks in Yahoo and Bing. I haven't checked yet but I should be on page 1 in yahoo and Bing. That's cool but I want the 1st page in Google LOL.

So...

What I plan on doing is continuing to build links, add content, add videos, oh yea did I mention build links :proud:
    Also I will be submitting the site for reconsideration which can help the site get back to the ranks faster. :fisheye:
    But other than that all we can do is wait and work on other projects.

6. somesay

Hey everyone,
    this Friday I'm back with good news :) My sites are all back at about the position they were before the drop in rankings. So my earnings have increased over the last 3 days from $0.4 to $4.20 Today (so far) that is not too bad :fisheye:
    I'm still building more websites and I understand more and more that time is the most important factor. Yesterday I finished my 21st website so my niche army starts to build up.

My earnings Report needs to be updated because of the new domains and additional outsourcing.

On the way to break even
    Domains and Outsourcing: $191.21 (21 domains so far)
    Income from all Niches: $67.04
    Left to break even: $124.17

I know that those numbers do not look good for everyone, but I think it is a good start. The earnings increase almost on a daily base and I try to make as many new websites as possible.

Whats next?
    My websites are now getting older and it is time to improve their rankings. I started to use Build My Rank for my top earners and I will slowly work my way down the list. I will also do RSS submissions and maybe some bookmarks. I think that will already be fine for many of them.

Do you guys have any more backlink suggestions that worked for you? I have the feeling BMR works best for me so far. Thank you guys for reading and I hope to get some feedback and backlinking ideas :)

7. ferma231

ferma231 Very Active Members

should it be better to build authority sites ? if you would have 21 authority sites you would make really good money , even from 1 site you could get good money $50-$1000/Day or even more .

8. somesay

And if I would build 210 authority sites, each making me $500 a day I would make $3,150,000 a month. I should change my strategy :)

9. Smeltzer

Smeltzer The World is Mine Very Active Members

somesay I am doing something similar with one of my sites. Takes a lot of work or a lot of money but if you have one time or two money or 3 a little bit of both you will do just fine. I am interested in seeing how this all plays out for you.

10. ucozer

ucozer Make Money Online Very Active Members

This is awsome journal , will bookmark it

11. Krosis

Krosis New Member

I am working on the exact same thing. Do you have Skype? I would love to talk to you more about this. PM me!

12. alfonzolig

alfonzolig New Member

Bookmark to this thread. This motivated me a lot. I also have the same goal to achieve $2000/month by June. Have made 4 websites so far, still have a long way to go. Keep up the good work mate.

13. somesay

Hey everyone!

I had a pretty good week, the websites that lost their good rankings are partly back at their previous position or higher and my new websites now experience the same problem. The good thing is that I know now that this is not bad and they will come back shortly.

I hope that all my linkbuilding will show some nice results in a few weeks. I added many many BMR posts, added many bookmarks and added my sites to many article directories. I did not comment on blogs so far.

On the way to break even
    Domains and Outsourcing: $191.21 (21 domains so far)​
    Income from all Niches: $85.73
    Left to break even: $105.48

I'm also experimenting with a few themes to see which ones work best. I really see a great improvement which makes the work much easier :) And my girlfriend is less mad about the money I spent on tools and buildmyrank haha

14. Smeltzer

Good to hear you are at least taking action and earning money. Once you take action the rest is cake walk.

15. somesay

Hey Smeltzer, I think so too. I also believe it is really important to stay focused. The beginning can be really tough because the big money comes not over night. However, when you have your first sites ranking you see what works for you :)

16. keeponrocking

keeponrocking Very Active Members

Hey there,

Isn't it better to write more articles for each site and
    maybe even expand a niche a bit by that, rather than
    keep buying and buying new domains? I'm planning
    to start some niche sites soon too and I'm doing my
    research now. What do you think?

17. Smeltzer

I believe in the mega niche site myself for the simple fact one google hates thin sites. they love fresh content. I notice with some of my sites they get a jump as soon as google realizes that there is fresh content on the site. Build backlinks to your inner pages make sure there is good internal links structure. If you play your cards right you can take out a whole niche with a little time money and patience.

Now if you do that with multiple site you are spreading yourself thin as well as your sites.

Here is something I believe to be the best practice. Find a niche you love. Develope a blog around it and keep building . Everyweek if you can find a keyword to add to the list and go after it. Before you know it by building it up slowly over time you will have a site that is raking in thousands and you are not even really doing much. So what do we do from here? well we can create another site with the pure profit from our main site and use it to prop up our new site and do it in a much faster time frame. As we have the money to play with.

True fortunes are not made over thousands of websites but just a few done correctly.

18. somesay

Hey keeponrocking I think both ways can work perfectly fine for you. In the long run I think it is good to own the exact match domain to a keyword you are trying to rank for because it still gives you some boost. However, you can rank every website. You could register pr0ductreviews.com and pretty much add articles to all your niches on that site.
    In the next days I will create a website with about 15-20 articles so at least a little bit bigger.

Nevertheless, I like to own a exact match domain name for the keywords I go for (Most of the time).

19. love42013

love42013 New Member

Thank you for posting here and letting us know how and what you are doing. It very helpful and inspiring. I am a beginner and have a couple questions.

What do you mean when you say not to use certain adsense themes? What makes a theme an adsense theme? Do you mean all adsense themes or just certain ones? If it is just certain ones what about Graphene?

20. funkychicken

funkychicken New Member

People generally say "Adsense theme" to mean a theme which has been designed for maximum CTR (click through rate) on the ad blocks. Some example are the clickbump theme, heatsense theme, and a few more.

Google recently sent out a mail saying that they were looking at ad placement and having too many ads "above the fold" (i.e. visible without scrolling down when you first enter the page) could cause your website to be ranked lower. I try to arrange my ads so that only one block is visible when you first enter the page, then have another two blocks further down.