A amazon associates history

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by Frigge30, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Frigge30

Frigge30 Very Active Members

hi all...
    i have tryed alot of things to make money on internet but nothing have worked so now i have made a amazon associate store that i will put all the work on
    and hoppfuly get me some money.. the site have soon been up one month so its not that old and im a noob so its is some slow progress. but the stats right now is

visitors: ~300/day
    amazon sales: 0 (clicks 450 )
    adsense: 2.5$ /day

so i do make some on adsense but not mutch, the bright side of it is thats so mutch is the highest i have got on this internet money making thing so thats why i want to get this to work,
    and one other thing thats make it fun is that my niche for the site is outdoor products, hunting,fishing and camping products and im a hunter myself so thats why i think this is a good thing for me

if someone wants to take a look at my site and maybe come with suggestions on what i can do better or whats already god it wuld be great, this is my first amazon store so i dont know how a good
    store is designed but what i have done is something that i wuld like to shop from so, but something is maybe wrong becuse i got visitors and the stats says that the most of them are there around 30 min so they have to do
    something there but no sales so i dont know whats wrong

maybe someone here that have done or doing alot with amazon can come with some pointers in the right direktion so i can make this work cuz i want it to do that

the site is The Hunters Shop and i hope thats not counts as an ad, if so say it and i will erase it.

will work hard now on adding more products and get more targeded visitors, right now i got a facebook page with 800 likes and a twitter with 200 followers , my site post products that i add to the site to both facebook and twitter around one product with link back to my site / hour and i got like 3-5 follovers /day to twitter so i hope that is a good move to do, the sad thing is that when i dont ad products for like 2 days the posting stops cus no products are added so i will have to find a way to have the rss post more regular like some marketing plugin thats post something without i have to ad products.

the site is a wordpress with shopperpress plugin and i havent fund anything in that so the site do post regular so i have to find a plug in for it i think...

well that is the start on this... the goal for my site is to make so mutch money so i can merry my girl in a near future and here in sweden its not that expensive so the goal its not so hige if u look for the money but the why is a nobel goal i think
    hopfully i got some more happy stats to come with in some days

/Cheers

2. Niche Samurai

Niche Samurai Very Active Members

Hey man, firstly I would like to recommend you to keep this journal rolling.
    I have taken a look at your site and from the off, it has a solid layout and function structure using the shopperpress platform, but there are some main things from a shoppers point of view I notice from the off.

The overuse of the link between you and Amazon I feel in my opinion is too much, it makes a customer feel like they might as well go straight to amazon(dot)com to look for the desired product instead of keeping them on your site long enough to make a sale.

Your using adsense as a secondary way to monetize your site, this is good but the key is to blend it seamlessly to each page making it feel like a part of the content or in some way useful to the users, your homepage has a solid black adsense block and from a clicker/buyer point of view this looks far too much like a ****my advertisement.

I also use Amazon themes to promote products but do not use adsense a tall as it gives me the flexibility to create a more dynamic social website.

Another area you may want to look into for your niche is social networks, from what I can see your site is not benefiting from the top guns like Facebook or Google + I would recommend making a Facebook page and having links to it on your homepage, and also allowing users to like your products, which can easily be done using social plug ins on the wordpress platform.

Lastly because your niche is around the 3rd tier niches, by this I mean a very targeted niche in terms of buyers, you are going to have to be allot more target driven and go to places on-line where there are already active communities seeking your products.

Hope this helps man, and gives you some areas to look into.

3. Frigge30

thanks for the great pointers. will look in to it, but one thing i was thinking of is what do i do to reduce the links to amazon when it is shopperpress thats links the products to amazon. any tips on what i can do to reduce the links then,

4. Niche Samurai

What I meant by this is only show users a link to Amazon to buy the product, and remove there logo and other things from elsewhere from your site. Instead of your homepage saying "Powerd by Amazon" which is a spelling error, also, have something like the following image at the footer of your site:

[​IMG]
    This will instil more trust but not make the user feel like they can simply go to Amazon to get there gear. Its more clean a simple.
    An e-commerce site using shopper press is meant to look like its your own products being sold, this is why Google likes them better than thinner affiliate sites.
    You may also want to work a blog into your site, and use posts to target more keywords and pull in some more buyers and members.
    How many members does your site currently have signed up?

5. Frigge30

okey then i know what you mean.. will change it as soon i got time this weekend... i dont have any members at all cus i dont know how to get that to work the theme got a sign in thing but isent that if u have a shopping basket of your own.. or it that how to get members ?

6. Frigge30

hi all...
    i have worked some on the design now of the shop and change some things that Niche samurai pointed out ( Big Thanks for the help ) so now have i removed the big black adsense ad at the footer and removed the power by banner from the front page, i have not done anything at the other pages cus i think thats there is not mutch i can do there. will check and see if there is something i can ad or remove but for now i think they are okey...

i have found the member funktion in shopper press and activated that so now can the visitors register at the site, ( dont realy know why yet :) )
    now im trying to find a nice social plugin so i can link my facebook page and twitter to the site but i havent found any good yet that i like but it will bee there

some stats is always funny... one thing is that the visitors have gone up alot, the last 2 days have i got 600 visitors / day
    dont know why but thats a god sign anyway... and somehow i have got alot of links from google, anyway here is the stats from the start to today

Visitors: 5544, uv 3344
    Visitors / day ~600
    alexa: 7,321,857
    Page rank: 0 :(

Amazon sales and adsense is the same as before so that sucks,
    well i got to work on and hopfully that first sale comes and the adsense income will rise

take care out there :)
    /Cheers

7. Ivanuca Paul

Ivanuca Paul New Member

try some cpa offers related to this website. if you can`t find any related to hunting, fishing or camping, just try some free ones.
    i`m pretty sure that you`ll make more then $2.5 per day with that amount of traffic...

8. Frigge30

thanks, i havent had a idé abute that... any good network i shuld look at ? im not a member of any cpa networks

9. Frigge30

i have worked some on the social sharing bit of my site and that has gone great...
    but now i think i have broken something in shopperpress cuz when i go in to look at one product i do not see any pictures, description and that kind of stuff and my right side menu that had to have like ad to shopping cart button is gone so now
    it looks like customers cant buy thing...

i starting to misslike shopperpress more and more so if someone that is good at it can look at this page and say whats wrong i wuld be great ( English Pellet Rifle | The Hunters Shop ) i have looked thrue all the settings but cant find anything thats wrong.. the shoping cart is gone and alot of stuff with all the products... also the adsense ad that was on the right is gone so something is wrong with the right side of the product pages... and i dont know what it is :(

its late here in sweden so im tired of this and going to bed.. if some one have a tip on some other amazon store plugin o siste builder thats better than shopperpress i wuld like to know, and if it has auto adding of products wuld be even better vuz soon i will redoo the whole thing if i cant get this to work...

10. Niche Samurai

Hey man, sounds like you were making some progress, but haven't had a chance to check your site as its coming up with blank pages.
    The key to success is to have a good plan and stick to it, and rinse and repeat the same process over and over until your have a steady income.

Your website hunters-shop will pull in a decent amount of traffic due to its targeted nature, but my only worry is as a buying keyword it may not convert to sales as much as a site promoting a different niche's product with a proven track record in sales. I understand completely that you yourself might be interested in the niche, but this can sometimes be a marketers biggest flaw as they put vast amounts of time and effort into a single site, and niche that may not get off the ground or even rank well due to its SEO competition.

I feel now you are at a turning point and at the same point I was at around 2 years ago, and the key is focus, and not put all your eggs in one basket.
    I really want you to do well bro, so im going to guide and help you any way I can on this thread.

Say if you were planning to start from scratch.

So first is planning and keeping everything linear.
    Tool's I recommend for you are the following.

1. Pen and paper (Preferably a notepad) to keep track of all site info or even plan you attack.

2. Free mind.
    Code:
    [url=http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download]Download - FreeMind[/url]
    I find this helpful as I work on other projects and it helps me set goals and keep track of things.
    To download simply scroll down to download and pick your spec.
    With this you can make a mind map for each website, and create tasks that need to be completed or ideas you wish to change on your site.

3. Market Samurai
    Downloads for this can be found all over, but if you just want to try it, "Google" Market Samurai and download there free trial.
    This tool will help you get from start to finish with any website you choose to make, but i myself only use it to help with keyword research and SEO competition.

For now I will leave it there, as I don't want to overload you with info if you do actually end up using any of them.

#1 Key is always be focused, create goals and aim for them.

If you do end up downloading market samurai I recommend you practice running some keyword research projects for different niches.
    For buyer keyword ideas go to.
    • Amazon.com (Or locale)
    • Dummies.com
    • Also use google insights to see what people are searching.
    Anyway I will leave this post there, & hopefully that gives you something to work with.

1 person likes this.
  11. Frigge30

i dont know what have heppend but when i woke up this morning the site is gone... cant find what is the problem, all the files is there but its not working... mayby thats a sighn thats its time to redo the site...
    im very pleased that you take you time to help me, thats mean alot to me
    i think that i will continue with the hunting niche cuz i got the domain name alrady and i dont have money to do another name so, but maybe the domain name can be used for some other niche to i dont know...
    the first thing i thinking is i got to have a good starting platform for the site... like associate-o-matic o something like that... whats the best to build a amazon store with ?? i think i dont like to use shopperpress anymore

will think of what to use this weekend and see

12. Niche Samurai

As you will see in other threads such as Monopoly's journal (Which I recommend you read from start to finish) I myself am going to be moving away from Amazon sites & promoting Amazon affiliate offers unless this is the only monetizing option available to me. As your site is using the term "shop" in domain I would recommend using a similar set-up to shopper press in the meantime as otherwise it could become misleading to your audience who were expecting to pick products but find themselves wading through pages of information about products instead. I would highly recommend you start a new site however possible, as in the next few days i will be working on a journal geared towards a new outlook on creating Niche sites, and it would be great to have someone else in the same boat.

13. Frigge30

i have had plans to read monopolys thread but i havent got time yet for it but i think i will take time to do it,
    yes the plan is to get the shop up as fast as posible. and im planing it to be a shop still so but on another platform as shopperpress seam to be some what unstable or if it is my hosting that suck. im thinking on trying to use amazon estore or fresh store builder to get it up fast and easy.

the plan is to start new sites but i dont have the money right now to get hosting and domains for it... thats why i need this site to generate some income so i can use it to start new and better projects and sites, maybe i can afford a new domain name in the end of this month cuz that is not mutch but the hosting is the problem, or maybe i can use a sub domain on my hosting for it.. will see.

will follow your journal and if i can try to follow if there is some pointers there as i realy want to make money this way... im a educated computers spe******t so i realy like the internet and computers so

14. Frigge30

I have got my hands on a 30 days trail version of associat-o-matic that im uploading to my hosting Now so i can get a shop up and running so i can continu to rank my domain and keywords and see i this is a god amazon store script,
    Ether way if i dont get sales so is the shop up and my domain continus to get visitors and get stronger and i have 30 days on me to deside what to do, do i think right when i thinking so? The main thing got to have the domain name going and get visitors, im i right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

15. Piquet

Piquet New Member

Hi I just wanted to chime in here and say I'm subscribing to the thread, and to thank Niche Samurai personally for taking the time and giving really valuable help to another member.
    Tiz a very good read.

Cheers
    Piquet

16. Frigge30

Welcome, hope the thread will be a nice read, and im so thankful for the help i get from niche samurai,

I have done a investment and that is i have gone and buy fresh store builder to get my shop up, have read alot of reviuws of it and it looks like it will help me alot get it going, Will sitt down tonight and get the shop up and running again so i can continue to work on geting visitors and sales, so i hopfully can get some money to invest and grow, my dream has been for a longtime to have a Internet buisnes so i realy want this to work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

17. Niche Samurai

No problem bro :) Just glad people are taking something from it.

Good to see you have taken action on this, I know allot of us don't always have the income to splash out on new tools, but it really is an investment and one which can be used over and over in regards to Fresh store builder, you will find this should help your store get up to standard, and last time I checked there support is top notch and they will help you themselves to get the site off the ground in most respects. I would defiantly recommend looking at other avenue's though in terms of other ways to cash in online. I myself am starting to realise that Amazon may not always be the best affiliate theme to stick with, and am realising the potential of other sites like Clickbank and the like to generate more of a regular high income per sale and not only working towards product creation myself, which I will probably just outsource. Don't underestimate the power of outsourcing some of your work with your site, from what you said before you were already getting a decent rate of visits, you should try being more social and racking up that aspect of your site, create a fan page and get some buzz going, not only might this help your site get regular income, in terms of expanding it can be done by buying some fb like blasts once in a while, or getting your site +1'd on Google +.
    Update this once you get your site working with FSB and I will try give some more insight.

18. Frigge30

yes i was thinking that if i have to do some investments to have a chanse to get some for it... and fsb seems to be a god platform for it..
    i will look at other sorches of income ofcorse but as i said before i dont have that mutch money so if this site can give me some dollars it will help alot to start other things.
    i have a twitter page linking to my domain in both name and its get tweets from rss from my site with products, have like 200 follovers there and a facebook fanpage with 800 likes that have the rss posting to, and just before the site went down i did create a google + page for it so that one i will start to look into when the site is up... will start installing and se if i can get the site up tonight.

i have been looking some att fiverr and it is alot of intressting things there one can use for a site i think but once again i dont have money to spend on things that i dont realy know work and i have done some half harted things with clickbank before when i started to be intressting in this things so but i dident have any knowlage so i did folow guides here to the point and dident change them a bit so no money and i got tired but do i start to get some in from this site i can take time to look for new things witout have the pressure to have it generate money at once

will post when the site is up again

19. bhelp

bhelp New Member

Niche Samurai,

If one does have the cash to shell out on tools and outsourcing to create money with clickbank (what I have open and am thinking about currently), either by creating a website, getting traffic from Twitter, etc.. what would be the right things to invest in? You seem to have the same vision that I do and I have the money and time to invest in it, we should talk. I am very interested in brainstorming fresh ideas. PM me if you want to try to get something up and generating income.

Frigge30,

Keep your spirits high with your website. You have a decent domain name so once you get your shopping experience set up and stream lined I see you having no problem selling items consistently.

bhelp

20. Niche Samurai

Well you don't have far to look in terms of what area's are working for people, you only have to look in this Journal section and see threads from Monopoly & British Lion to see a Solid Niche website is the way to go. As for tools it depends entirely on what work your prepared to do yourself, myself I only use tools for research and site creation, as these are the area's myself I am interested in, but as for link building and SEO I tend to outsource most of the work, and the same applies for most the content. I am happy to brainstorm idea's though, I will be setting up a new Skype account shortly, and will look to add a few users on here. Until then feel free to pm me any sorts of questions or idea's you wish to discuss.