Want to make $500/month by June. Ideas?

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by makingmoneyfromhome, Mar 15, 2012.

1. makingmoneyfromhome

makingmoneyfromhome New Member

Hey guys! I'm an 18-year-old college student that really needs to make some money. I have dabbled in GPT sites and made about $2,000 a few years ago, before quitting them. The hourly just didn't seem to be worth it. I made most of my money from getting referrals via CL but nowadays CL is impossible to advertise on so that's not really an option. Unless someone knows how to still post massive amounts of ads on CL and not get ghosted? If so I'd be interested in what you have to say, but I'm going to assume that it's kind of done with and try to find a new method.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to make about $500/month by June, preferably not having to do much work once the method starts working. I'm willing to put in a lot of time as long as the long-term pay off is worth it. I really have no idea how you guys make $50+/day or if you're even willing to share, but if anyone has suggestions and wouldn't mind sharing please post them here or pm me. I'd really appreciate it.

Once I get a method and start making money I'll start keeping track of my progress here. Until then, please feel free to post methods you think I could use. Thanks and good luck!

2. makingmoneyfromhome

I guess no one has any suggestions. I'll just stick to survey sites for now I guess. As far as progress goes, I'll update it at the end of the month but it'll probably be around $100 for the month. The only way I'll get to $500 a month on survey sites is to get tons of referrals. Anybody have any ideas of how to get referrals? I'd prefer not to have to invest a lot of time into getting a website ranked high on search engines. With so many making money online blogs/sites already out there it will never happen.

3. keeponrocking

keeponrocking Very Active Members

Hey there,

How about spending a week or two thoroughly and 24/7 reading the hell out of this awesome
    forum (wsos, journals, case studies etc) and making all things clear for you. You will definitely
    discover dozens of cool methods and then it will only depend on you, how hard you can stick
    and commit yourself to doing your thing, being organised, consistent and persist to achieve
    your goal! $500/month by June is actually not that much, you can definitely do it! Plan out
    and take action! Good luck! ;-)

4. Corker

Corker Make Money Online Very Active Members

you can write articles if you are good at articles. You can start seoing an easy keyword to get to number 1 or 2 spot of google then monetize it with adsense. After that you start another one and then another one.........500 dollars per month achieved.

5. makingmoneyfromhome

Thanks for the suggestions. How do you make money selling articles? And if I take the Adsense approach, will Google automatically approve my Adsense request? I'd hate to put in a lot of work then get denied, but this definitely seems like something I could do. I'm not very good with SEO though so we'll see.

6. makingmoneyfromhome

Thanks for the reply! As of now I'm just trying to get referrals for survey sites so I definitely need to find a better method. I mean if I can find a good way to get referrals, $500/month should be no problem with survey sites, but from what I've read on here I could definitely make a higher hourly doing something else. I kind of like the dating site approach, but I have no idea what sites are actually legit or how to get the ball rolling with it. Same with CPA.

7. ImNewHere

ImNewHere VIP MAKES ME MONEY

Articles: Well one and most prolly the easiest is setting up a fivver gig - but before you do that learn how to write seo articles and learn about keyword density. Then write a few articles on things you like or on a random keyword / phrase and post it here. Ask members to review the articles.

My first site I took some advice - if you want to do IM using a blog website start off with something you know, maybe in the field of your studies - Micro blogs these days can make money so lets say you are studying photography and you live in New York. The idea is you start a blog newyorkphotography.com and then blog about your photography adventures. Good places to take photos and obvoiusly take some photo's.

Or NewyorkCakeShops.com and start a kind of business listing - do reviews of the different shops etc.

If you are going to start a wordpress site then learn about good word press plugins - my favourite three is SEO by YOAST ( try to get everything green) - Google XML Sitemaps - and submit the sitemaps to google webmaster tools and PPinger - this will get you started. My experience is you dont have to buy plugins, some are good but start off with free stuff and as you learn and start earning a few dollars spend the money to buy what you need. - PS WSO stuff isnt the way to go - you will end up spending more money than you need to.

I hope I gave you an idea on what I mean

The hardest part is to free your mind and to think outside the box. Keeping it local (assuming you dont live in a town with 3000 retired old people) then a micro blog might be a good start. But at the end of the day read as much as you can on here as said by keeponrocking. You have allready made your first steps.

8. makingmoneyfromhome

As far as blogs go, will Blogger work or should I buy a domain?

9. mihas

mihas Make Money Online Very Active Members

where r u located if you are in us,ca,uk I have a job for you . Easy Money.

10. hvalentino

hvalentino New Member

hi mihas, what kinda job?

11. naixeryhp

naixeryhp New Member

i heard about google destroy the big blog networks.. how you find this?

12. mihas

mihas Make Money Online Very Active Members

flyer distribution. I will supply you with everything and we share profit 50/50

13. hvalentino

hvalentino New Member

what kinda flyer? pm me ur info maybe we can talk more :p

14. ImNewHere

I would suggest a domain name / or proper website for that matter

15. makingmoneyfromhome

Any particular reason? And what websites are good to go with for purchasing a domain?

16. ImNewHere

Well the explaining will take 4ever - basically if you want to make money you need 1000's of visitors. In my experience having your own domain like a .com witch I suggest. Gives your site more authority with search engines and with visitors.

Basically have you ever seen a newyorkphotography.blogger.com website rank number one with Google? I haven't.

To start off with as I suggested pick a topic - Google that topic and see who is your competition - if you see big sites that you can figure out are run by professionals then you won't be in luck there. But breaking the site down as I explained to a local niche with what we call linger keywords and buying that domain you will have more success.

Ill explain how to break things down - no this is ONLY AN EXAMPLE!

Lets say you want to go with photography - so your main keyword is "photography"

ranking for photography will be impossible - reading your experience
    so now you break it down even further to New York Photography - this would be ideal - but let's say newyorkphotography.com is taken and run by an expert you can break it down further
    to : newyorkphotographymanhattan.com so this mean you have a long tail keyword in New York Photography in Manhattan - this I don't know if it will make you $500 per month but if there are visitors then you can rank well and make some money.

So to get back to your question - Get a .com / websites work better then free wordpress or blogger sites, you can always test the water on a blogger domain and then move it to a website if it starts working.

Ill be honest with you and please don't take it personally, you will have a very difficult task to make $500 pm by June. You need to learn a lot from Internet Marketing.

1. To start off you need to create a website that will start getting you visitors
    2. In my opinion you will need to create a product about a topic ( a PDF ) and sell that on your site or on clickbank to make that kind of money.

Try to download as much from this site as you can and read a lot more - get the general idea and then start testing. If you have a niche you want to explore, PM me and I can help you with research on the keyword / niche. But better read on up keyword finding using Google adsesne keyword tool.

Good Luck

17. Kiyarameru

Kiyarameru Very Active Members

You dished out some very detailed and helpful information ImNewHere. I liked seeing the topic of keyword searches broken down in a digestible way.

~~

18. seif92

seif92 Make Money Online

not making 500$ a day, it's a bit old

19. makingmoneyfromhome

This is extremely informative...thanks a lot. So where can I get a domain for cheap? If I buy a domain do I also have to pay for hosting/any yearly fees? I'm assuming I'll need more than one site to make $500/month, especially if I'm focusing on a small market. Really the $500/month is just a simple goal to start off with (I already am making about $80-100 with survey sites) and I hope I can increase that as quickly as possible, so if I can get one website to say make me $100/month, I'll definitely put in the work to make more sites. I'm going to do some keyword research and see what I can come up with. What should I be looking for in terms of views/month and competition? Thanks again for the great responses.

20. 4thseason

4thseason SEO For Life

Well I'm not going to start a debate here but extremely informative or not... A lot of that was just wrong..Yeah you wanna host your own site but its for control not because it will rank so much better or quicker than a free site...You really think that your never been anything new .com will rank faster or even better for that matter ..With all things being equal- lets see wordpress has a PR of like 9 and so does blogger and how about squidoo PR8..right now with the complexion of SEO and my sites jumping around like crazy most of my tier 2 lens's are out ranking my EMD .coms in the serps and I constantly blast them with Scrabebox links...Your argument ImNewHere about having more authority in the eyes of search engines with your own domains is laughable...Not trying to pick a fight here but you're wrong.. Those free sites have and will always have more authority in googles eyes than anything you build so that platform by its nature is easier to rank..Control...Control is what your own hosting and domain give you.

Carry on..... I gotta get some sleep

B~