Hey guys. I'm doing a bit of a case study at the moment that I thought I would share here. I’ll be sharing a real life case study where you can follow along as I build up a brand new niche site from from scratch, get searh engine traffic to it and hopefully make it profitable. And I’ll be each and every step of the process right here in this thread. A lot of people aren't willing to reveal their niches and sites as it can result in more competition… but screw it. I'll be sharing everything in this case study – the niche, domain, revenue and EVERYTHING! Anyway enough talking and lets just jump straight in! Finding a Profitable Niche... To find a niche I spent a bit of time browsing through the thousands of items over at Amazon, this is great way to find random products that get a lot of searches with little competition. After a bit of searching I stumble upon the ‘Wine Aerator’. You pour your wine through them to aerate and bring out the full flavor of a wine. After doing a quick search in the Google Keyword tool I find that there’s a good number of people searching for 'Wine Aerator': And after doing a search in Google for ‘Wine Aerator’ I see that there’s very little competition for this term too: Looks pretty good with less than a million results - I think I’ve found my niche! Setting up a Niche Website... First I registered a domain name with my main keyword ‘Wine Aerator’ in it through NameCheap. The domain I ended up settling on was WineAeratorWorld.com. I then set up a WordPress blog over on my hosting account: If you haven’t already got yourself web hosting then I recommend checking out HostGator, it cost less than $10 a month and they have a feature called 'Fantastico' that allows you to install WordPress with just a few clicks. Choosing a Theme for the Site... Next it’s time to spruce up the site with a good looking WordPress theme. For this website I’ve decided to use the ShopperPress theme. It’s a paid theme that turns your blog into a great looking online store that’s compatible with affiliate products. ShopperPress comes with 21 different template variations: If you're following along and don't want to splash out for ShopperPress then a free WordPress theme will also work just find Adding Products to the Site... Next it's time to add afew products to the site. Using the Google Keyword Tool I find some decent longtail keywords for products to target: I then wrote around 300-400 words of unique content about each Aerator and added it to my blog along with their Amazon pictures: SEOing the Site... I then installed the Yoast SEO Plugin to optimize the site for the search engines: This plugin is free, easy to use and very effective! Link Building... Finally I've just build a few links to the site to get it indexed. Two blog comments, two forum signature links and two social bookmarks... easy as! Final Words... Now that I’ve found a niche, chucked up a website, created some content and built a few links I’ll just leave the website to sit for a bit whilst the Search Engines discover and index it. To see the site in action head over to WineAeratorWorld.com. The second part of this case study will be on its way soon so keep an eye on this thread!