Content Locking Movie Site- First time IM campaign

Discussion in 'MMD Personal Journals' started by Kush, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Kush

Kush Make Money Online Very Active Members

Ok, so the only solution to my problem above is to purchase wordpress' custom css editor for $30. Not expensive, really, but I'd rather not pay $30 for something I may only use once or twice.

So instead I turned to downloading a free video/movie site wordpress theme.
    I tried to upload it to my wordpress site and got a message saying that the maximum upload limit has been exceeded and that I need to edit the php.ini file.

So I have been doing a couple hours of research on how to find this file, how to access it, and then edit it.
    So far I've found out how to edit it, but I can't find the file for the life of me.
    I just sent off an email to alibaba host's tech support, and hopefully they should be able to help me out. So far in my experience with them they have excellent, fast customer support, and are very helpful.

I'm really starting to think that I should consider majoring or minoring in web design when I go to college next year. None of this would be a problem for me if I simply knew html, css, php by heart haha.

2. Kush

I love Alibaba Host.
    They had my problem fixed within a couple of email exchanges.

I now have my new theme up and running and am just ironing out a couple of creases in the appearance.

I will try to add 10-15 more movies today and then apply/ reapply to content locking cpa networks.

I also need to try to do a bit of photoshop work and make a couple flyers advertising clickbank products (or my movie site), as I will be in the middle of Boston and Manhattan the next week= perfect offline advertising grounds. Originally I wanted to do some cpa offers for this campaign, but due to my rejection based upon my age, this will obviously not work for the coming week -.-

3. Smeltzer

Smeltzer The World is Mine Very Active Members

Have you looked at putlocker and sockshare yet?

4. Kush

Yes, I signed up with putlocker.
    I have yet to download anything with them yet, though (I will in the near future as I run out of good quality movie embeds). In fact I need to do it with batman Dark Knight, as I can't find an embed anywhere for that movie.

Update:
    It feels great waking up in Boston!
    Unfortunately my site has a 500 Internal Server Error at the moment, which I just emailed Alibaba Host about. So looks like I won't be doing much with my movie site today.

I will be walking around the city a lot today, and I found this business card campaign that I made last summer, but didn't really use. So I will be putting those all around. It's a clickbank product for about $20 called Tycoon Cashflow, and is basically an intro to Google Adwords marketing, and is also what introduced me to internet marketing. So hopefully my day won't be too unproductive business-wise.

Also I went ahead and created a twitter account for my site, and managed to get an exact match to my domain, @filmflix. Feel free to follow haha!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. Kush

Haven't updated in a few days. Been in New York spending time with friends and family, but I'm going back home today.
    I've added a significant ammount of movies to my site and just got accepted into Leadbolt as a publisher

6. Kush

So leadbolt doesn't allow copyrighted content -.-

I signed up with Dollarade and Blam Ads, haven't gotten a confirmation email yet from them, though. I plan to skype up with the chief of Blam Ads within the next couple of days to hurry along the process.

I also plan to sign up with Stuck Ads and skype the chief of that.

7. Kush

Well I figured while I wait for the networks, I'll go ahead and join MMD VIP since I only have a few weeks of my summer break left, and I can devote the most time to researching and investing in a method.

8. Facebook Beast

Facebook Beast Very Active Members

9. Facebook Beast

10. Kush

Hey dinesh,

Thanks for the software, man!
    I don't think I'll need to utilize that first Wordpress Video Program for my current project (for future ones though :cool:)

But the other two content lockers look really solid. I pmed you.
    This is great, because I was actually just debating paying the full $75 or whatever for Content Locker Pro so I didn't have to wait on these networks.

11. Facebook Beast

yeah i will give you mediafire link in an hour bro... :)

12. Facebook Beast

check your pm bro... i sent... ;)

for any softwares, plugins, courses.... pm me... if i say ,i dont have... then you think of buying it ;)

you can check out my journal, i already said.. am overloaded :D

13. Kush

Haven't forgotten about this yet.
    Just taking forever to get accepted into these content locking networks, so I decided to create a simple whitehat niche site that I will use to get accepted into normal CPA networks, then I can promote some of those offers on my niche sites with the Content Lockers I got from dinesh- thanks again, buddy!

So yeah, the last few days I've just been working away at my ebook. when all's said and done it's going to be 30-40 pages, and I will give it away for free upon email opt-in.

I plan to promote the site through twitter, youtube, and forums relating to my niche.

14. Kush

Alright just finished the ebook, made a nice cover in photoshop, and converted it to a pdf.
    Time to get the white hat site set up with a nice little opt in

15. Nikomia

Nikomia New Member

Read your journal to the end. Are you yet to make money from your movie website?

16. fcody9

fcody9 Very Active Members

Good luck ! I suggest you to promote your site also getting alerts fro Google Alert about your niche and then comment on blog and forum! This is very helpfull to increase the popularity of your site! You can easy reach more than 200 visitors every day with this technique !

17. Kush

Not yet, as I haven't gotten into any content locking networks yet because they're extremely slow with accepting people.
    Well I got into Leadbolt, but they don't allow use with my type of site. I found that out the first offer I tried to promote -.-

So now I'm making a whitehat site in a separate niche that I can use to apply to normal cpa networks.
    I then plan on using a couple personal content lockers to then lock/promote those offers.

By the way, thanks a lot for the tip fcody9.
    I'd forgotten all about Google Alerts. I actually had to use it for a school project that I did last year, and I'd forgotten how useful they could be. I'm about to sign up right now :cool:

UPDATE:
    I purchased my domain for my whitehat niche from GoDaddy, and signed up for a year of HostGator's Baby Plan (Unlimited sites/ bandwidth for $8/month). Figured I could use this for any future whitehat niche sites I create as well.
    Just working out a few creases and designing the new site today.

18. KilleN^

KilleN^ Make Money Online

Something I was thinking of doing with an E-book is if it truely is something people will want to read front to back back the first bit of it extremely useful and informative to people. Offer a free sneak peak to people who opt-in. Then sell the full version for 7-17 bucks or what have you. Something I was going to do to see how many people were actual "buyers". Nothing wrong with giving the whole shibang away for free with an email opt-in. Was just thinking of a way to sort of maximize profit..

Love the journal keep it up

19. Kush

I thought about that for a while, but then decided that I mainly wanted to go the affiliate route of having loyal customers who will buy your affiliate/ cpa stuff from you in the future.

I read a great article in Success magazine the other day about internet marketing. The writer said that the Internet Marketer should start by drawing a line

mark A at the beginning and B at the end

A________________________________B

A represents a persons starting point, B represents where they are going or want to go.
    Now your product that you are selling should get them all the way to B, but there will be certain milestones along the way. So now draw 3 vertical lines on your line graph:

A_____|______|______|______B

Those lines represent milestones (write each one down) in that persons journey from point A to point B, your free products will aid them in achieving these milestones.
    The writer wrote by not only offering a product to get them to point B, but also providing small steps FOR FREE to help them achieve smaller goals along their journey, that you are basically just throwing "money magnets" at them.

These "money magnets" will make your subscriber/customer happy, trusting, and willing to purchase future products/ affiliate products based upon their trust of your judgement and willingness to help them.

20. Bizzoyce

Bizzoyce ADMINISTRATOR

I haven't read that article but looks solid, You get accepted into any content locking sites?