HTML Problem.. need help..

Discussion in 'Other' started by smoundzou, Dec 18, 2009.

1. smoundzou

smoundzou Make Money Online Very Active Members

I recently downloaded Affiliate Genie and overall I think it's Ok.. but I'm having a little problem.. I"m not very familiar with actual HTML code.. I can do ok using software like dreamweaver but other than that, I'm ignorant to coding..

Anyway.. when I create a page using Affiliate Genie and save it.. I keep getting these things between sentences and paragraphs, "

Can someone tell me what they are and why they're showing up and how to get ride of them.. when I manually delete, and save the page.. they just come back???

Thanks

2. El_King_Jefe

El_King_Jefe Make Money Online

hmm, I know what this is but cannot remember the thing you need, its something to do with the language and your system, very easy fix. Also search for html w3 on google and you can learn the basics there.

3. imfcuk

imfcuk Make Money Online Very Active Members

Likely cause, content copied from other website and that aff genie does not support. Your best bet, copy the content in plain text and paste it again in aff genie.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

4. smoundzou

smoundzou Make Money Online Very Active Members

I thought it might be due to copy and paste but even when I manually type someting in it still does it?/ I also tried the pasting into
    notepad and them copying it into the site and i still get the box in the article..

I also did a search for othe sites powered by AG and looked at a dozen or so.. and none of them had that problem.. I'm wondering if it's due to this being an illegal copy?

any help you can give me is much appreciated..

One last thing.. is AG better than wordpress.. its a lot easier but as far as SEO, is it better or the same.. ?

Thanks

5. imfcuk

imfcuk Make Money Online Very Active Members

PM me the link and see if I can help.

6. rtpl

rtpl Make Money Online

i thin you should use paragraph and break tag.

7. rajtpl

rajtpl New Member

I think you should study html and please elaborate your problem

8. Natsu

Natsu Make Money Online

Dude its actually hella easy to fix that^^ No really, just open up firefox, highlight the "�" and rightclick on the highlighted text and choose something like "show highlighted source code" from the context menu (it says that or something along those lines just look at the context menu and you will find it) it will then open up a window with the page's code and will have the part you highlighted on your page highlighted in your code as well^^ Step two would be to just open up wordpad press ctrl + F to open up the text search and paste what was highlighted in the source code window before --> delete it --> save --> finished

Regards,
    Natsu

EDIT: OMG i just saw that this thread was excavated.... well i will leave my comment on anyway in case someone has the same proplem ;)

9. imcool2121

imcool2121 New Member

Hello Mate,

Give me the link if you are still stuck