Advice for beginners - help avoid getting scammed

itakeoverworld

Make Money Online
Hey everyone!

I want to start this thread to help people who are just starting to gain interesting in marketing both online and offline. But I don't want anyone to get scammed.

So let's compile some of the greatest tips and hints that nubs like me can use to make sure all of our hard work goes towards good things.

I'll start:

Be wary of people who ask for money up front. If you're outsourcing, paying half up front is an easy way to get robbed.

itakeoverworld

Make Money Online
it doesn't make any sense to sell something that is making $50k per month for $37. So don't pay for it. Most of it is usually free and you can find it somewhere on the internet.

mbuzi

Make Money Online
I only buy "how to products" through clickbank and only use paypal to pay
If they want my credit card number I DON'T buy, no matter how good it is
Never give out your credit card number, Although I have in the past to those that
say they have all the security in the world and I still got taken
So only use pay-pal or alert pay or something that guarantees your security

bulgariaroos

Make Money Online
Keep focus on what you have to do.
there is no magic bullet.
there is no need to pay for $2000 courses you learn more from MMD.
do not give your cc number to anyone use paypal.
there is no need to respond to product launches. dont waste your money.

rebellord

Make Money Online
Almost anything you would pay for, can be found for free with a little effort, as far as advice and strategies go. Anyone making millions on the internet is not interested in your $9.95. The gurus tend to re-hash the same shit in a new wrapper and try to get you to buy it as shiny new stuff.

inDe_eD

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Almost anything you would pay for, can be found for free with a little effort, as far as advice and strategies go. Anyone making millions on the internet is not interested in your $9.95. The gurus tend to re-hash the same shit in a new wrapper and try to get you to buy it as shiny new stuff.
Well said. The first time I made real money way because I luckily stumbled upon a IM tool being sold for $2000 and I got it for free through a torrent. Boy did I beat the hell out of that thing. That's what really opened me up to the true potential of Internet marketing.

Things that cost a LOT of money have a greater chance of working. And that only goes for software/tools. I would never pay anything less then 50K for something that promises to make me $1000/day, even then probably not. NEVER BUY ANY "how to make $1000 a day with no work!" guide. I guarantee if it's even remotely workable, the author has already raped the hell out of it and then it'll become saturated as soon as it's put on the market. Anything that works can be found free and can be twisted.

jjzedzed

Make Money Online
this is very inspiring.. guys please add more of your thoughts to us.. I am planning to buy tools and software to up my level in IM I just dont know that to choose.. so many options are out there, its the finding the right one thats quite diff.. thanks !

kia2n

Make Money Online
Great advise. I use to think that those $37 product were going to be using useful ideas or tools. But the majority was just a big waste of time.

Beachbums

Make Money Online
I've got an external hard drive chock FULL of ebooks and promises how to make anywhere from $1000 a day to $1000 a week, and not one of them worked.
They always left out more info than they gave. Great advice to give noobs here.