Blog or Forum?

silverdot

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I've decided on my niche, and I'm wondering if for traffic purposes it's better to make a blog or a forum? Don't get me wrong I love MMD, but it doesn't put money it my pockets. I'm thinking that SEO and tags work the same way for a forum that they do for a Wordpress blog. It's a lot easier to manage a blog then it is a forum though. A blog you can just add content to, a forum you have to constantly be on top of.

Then I was thinking, as an owner, what is the purpose of a forum? I think MMD revolves around putting money in Dr.P's wallet, but that's my personal opinion. If I'm not selling ebooks, or courses, or have "premium" content to charge people for in a special section there's really no point in having a forum. True, other people can share ideas and that may get your forum traffic, but ultimately if you don't have something to share with that traffic it's kind of pointless. Just another forum on the web to talk about stuff.

I think money wise it may be better to have a blog. What do you guys think?

Melissa

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I think MMD revolves around putting money in Dr.P's wallet
Come on! You can't claim that this forum gave you nothing.. You thanked 150 posts here, it can't mean nothing :p
Forums, like any other website on the web, is about having a win-win situation among site owner and the surfers. So- yeah, the site owner is likely to earn money (and where you find traffic you find $$), but the surfers are likely to gain knowledge and be rich as well.

Managing a forum is much more time consuming and long-term investment than a blog. You can build a well maintained blog with updated content and monetize it with ads / review articles much quicker than a forum -> there you'll depend on other people too.

Good luck!!! :beer:

BTW- if MMD still doesn't put any money in your pocket, you should probably read some sections here again and test some methods. I joined here a few months ago with pretty good knowledge in IM, and I'm still amazed how much I learned from the guys here.

silverdot

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
That's not really what I meant. I meant I don't own MMD, I can own my own forum. You're right though, I have come across a couple of articles that have made me a couple bucks. Sounds like a blog would be the way to go though.

Doc

Make Money Online
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Website
www.mmdcash.com
I would have to say blog, knowing your personality and the way you speak to people and come off with your sub minded wise cracks and pointless childish jabs you wouldnt do good as a forum owner.

Go for the Blog!

Doc

federale

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I would have to say blog, knowing your personality and the way you speak to people and come off with your sub minded wise cracks and pointless childish jabs you wouldnt do good as a forum owner.

Go for the Blog!

Doc
Almost fell out of my chair LOL

silverdot

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I would have to say blog, knowing your personality and the way you speak to people and come off with your sub minded wise cracks and pointless childish jabs you wouldn't do good as a forum owner.

Go for the Blog!

Doc
LOL! I can take it in just as much as I can dish it out. :thefinger: Maybe someday I'll have a blog where I can post overpriced content to sell to people too! Dr.P always right.

Melissa

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
knowing your personality and the way you speak to people and come off with your sub minded wise cracks and pointless childish jabs you wouldnt do good as a forum owner.
Wow... Speechless :)
Lol