Checking Backlinks

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
How do you check what ip was used for creating a backlink? Is there a tool you can use where you type in url and it tells you what ip created the page or left backlink? thanks in advance

Davey Mars

Very Active Members
Maybe there's some deep, "super-programmer" tricks for this, but I think the short answer is no. There's just too many ways to get a link onto a site.
If you don't have access to a site's logs (i,.e. you don't own it) you don't have the most useful information you'd need.

If you are talking about a particular type of site (e.g. WP blog) then you would narrow down your choices but even then, it'd be a big project.

I could be completey wrong but I doubt it.

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
@desparado
Thanks worked like a charm

@daveymars
If you dont know,dont answer. I stopped searching ecause of your stupid post u ass.

Davey Mars

Very Active Members
Hey, I remember when I was 11 and all pissed off at life and shit, but learn better english before you argue with grown-ups.

There's a difference between getting the ipaddress of a backlink and getting the ipaddress "used to create" a backlink.

Griffon

Weiter Weiter
Alright guys, there's really no need to start offending eachothers. This is a marketing forum, so you need to start learning how to become more professional.

Regarding OP's question, if it was that easy to get people's IPs, then that'd cause lotsa problems of all sorts. IP addresses are burried deep down in the logs or tracking software and they are meant to be kept that way. However, some website owners still do stupid mistakes, giving outsiders access to these information. Oh yeah, care to explain why would you want such information? I can't think of any reason really

Beddie

Make Money Online
I know very less about the programming or computers stuff. But there is something that harms the system wholly... which should be prevented for sure!!

internalsoul

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I wanted to check the IP's used for creating my backlinks.
What griffon said is absolutely correct. I too was looking for that too but you wont get access to those data. so its better you keep building backlinks. The IP with which the backlink is created matters a little but dont affect your ranking hugely.

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I just wanted to make sure my proxys were working.
I got access to that data with the help of desparado's post. problem resolved thanks desparado