Content Locking Movie Site- First time IM campaign

some ideas for you Kush:

1). try to find unique content for your visitors. the movie ads/trailers thing has been done to death. but if you can find independent/online-only/etc movies (non-copywright) then you are providing visitors with something unique. you've done some work for them by putting all these hard to find movies in one place. then you could actually put link at end of video clip to site hosting full-length. maybe if you contacted owner of movie they might pay you small fee for bringing traffic to their site. often they are trying to get the word out about the movie but don't have much advertising budget. just a thought.

2). it is all about how you bring traffic. youtube idea is good start. but you should try many different methods. Twitter and fb fan pages can also work. try maybe link exchange program to increase your ranking. go into forums that discuss independent or small production movies and introduce your site (just be careful to obey rules and not ****). try also contacting well known movie bloggers who get lots of traffic. if your site is worthy enough maybe they will even mention it in their blog :p

3). i don't know about blamads or leadbolt, but do some research and find best cpa program that can convert movie niche. they will pay you better because they can monetize the traffic better since it is their specialty. maybe someone in MMD know about best programs to get into

Good luck and i hope the MMD community continue to give you lots of good ideas!

Buggz

Elite VIP Member
About the cpa networks , this iswhat I tried : Blamads , Dollarade , Leadbolt , affiliate gateaways.
Blamads had a lot of problems at the time, so didn't make a dime . But I hear they got everything fixed.You should try it .

Dollarade was working better than the other two.

SWIFFJUSTUS

⓿The Mad Methodologist⓿⎠
Elite VIP Member
Here's a Tip, You know These Indie Type Movies Popping up everywhere with The big stars .
Movies
Like Jeff who Lives at Home and Moonrise Kingdom... Well for some reason they're hard to find Free Online and People are Doing mad Searches for Them...
Now if you do a Google search for "watch moonrise kingdom free online" or Most Movies Inevitable a site called ovguide .com will pop up # 1 First Page

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=watch+moonrise+kingdom+free+online

Now there Is a Facebook comments Box at The Bottom of the OV site Page
Place the Link to Your Site...There Is Only 1 Comment AS WE SPEAK..I even Get Traffic For Events from There....
Hope It Doesn't Get Saturated Now..Will Have to Come Back and Edit This Link...SO BOOKMARK THE LINK.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Thanks a lot for the tip Marvel, just bookmarked the link. I will try to facebook it up and put up a page on my site for it between today and tomorrow!

And I am currently waiting to be accepted by BlamAds as we speak, dark :cool:

Hi Kush,
Not trying to discourage you or anything , just to save you some time since I have been on the exact road that you are going on. I had set up a movie site, on an offshore hosting, and tried a lot of content lockers to monetize a good amount of daily clicks.
The result was pathetic , very bad conversion rate, I only got 10 dollars in a whole month ( Though I was still happy since it was my first 10 bucks ) .
Then I wanted to use that site to get into more whitehat cpa networks, didn't work also :/ some guy told me I'm better off with a free blog and a domain redirect than a freemovies kinda site.
I'm not saying you should stop everything , it didn't work for me but it could work for you, I'm sure some people are still making money with this .
But just take this into account before you start spending your whole bankroll : This is a pretty high competition level niche , and the content locking method is not that great either , I think the average Joe got the trick by now.

Thanks for reading. Good luck on your journey , I subscribed.
I completely agree with you that this would be a very hard niche to get into if I were simply promoting my site through typical SEO methods. However, I'm following a guide (link is in my first post) in which the author found a type of loophole that allows you to like a facebook comment again and again, giving him large amounts of targeted traffic.

I do plan on doing some of that domain redirect in the near future by the way. I plan on using Kickapooh's signpost method. I am going to be in NY City and Boston in a couple weeks for vacation, so I decided that would be a great platform to test it out on, primarily because there are so many people.

Appreciate the support, though.

Last edited:

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
My update for today:

About the same as yesterday. I spent almost all morning trying to figure out how to create a nav bar on my site like I wanted. I spent hours googling, and kept ending up on forums where everybody was arguing about the best way to do it, and posting html scripts left and right. It had me pretty damn confused.
Finally I found a free plugin for it, and felt like I just wasted hours
:shot:

So now that I've got my nav bar finished for the most part, I can start working on adding movies, reviews, and other goodies. Also since I have my site laid out for the most part now I can give the cpa networks something to look at when they call me up. When I applied to the networks listed in my first post I didn't have a domain purchased yet.

In other words- the foundation is laid; it's time to build the house.

SwissFactor

Very Active Members
Cool Kush, you have a journal too. I missed that. I wish you good luck and lot of success.
I was thinking about building a movie site, too. But I decided to go for dating niche.
How can I subscribe to threads? Would like to follow you.

best regards, p0lycyb0rg

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Hi Kush

Even IF you are not streaming or only providing links it will be against TOS... you cnt DO such work with ON Shore.

If your content gets Watch Movie Name anywhere. it will be Illegal. So, You should do it with Offshore.. Its for your betterment from all part..
Hmm... alright. I'll have to take that into consideration then.
Do you know if Hostgator allows you to break your current hosting plan and switch to offshore?

EDIT:
I did the research myself. Apparently hostgator has a 45 day money back guarantee that I can get. I've only been signed up for 5 days or so. So I will be switching to offshore.

My questions for you:

1) Do you know of some good offshore hosting plans?
1a) I recently found Speedywebz hosting. They look great. Great prices, offshore in germany, great bandwidth/ web space as well. Does anybody know anything about this company? Site:
Speedywebz.com
2) Will I be able to save my current wordpress site, or will I have to restart over from scratch on the new hosting plan?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Polycyborg, appreciate the support! You can subscribe to a thread at the top of the page. There should be a little drop down menu that says "thread tools," and under that menu their should be a little button to subscribe.

what is the best offer or network that provide it ..??
any recomendation ..??

Could your movie site linked with IMD ..??
Forgive me if is it the stupid question
Thanks
Well for offers, go with a cpa network like blamads, leadbolt, stickyads, or any other cpa network that allows movie sites.

Not sure what yo mean by linking your site to IMD. I assume you're talking about IMdb (International Movie database), but I may be wrong. Are you talking about getting backlinks from IMdb? If so I think you could do so by writing movie reviews on their site and include your link at the end of your review.

Last edited:

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Ok I have been doing my research all day. I think that I am pretty set on switching to Alibaba offshore hosting. They have a plan for about $10/month that allows 100gb disk space, 7 domains, and unmetered data transfer.

My only concern is that even if I am using embed codes as opposed to directly hosting movies (which would take up huge amounts of disk space), how many movies will I be able to embed with 100gb?

And of course I won't embed every movie, with many I will simply provide a short clip with torrent links. If I am doing offshore hosting though, I figured I may as well include some fully embedded movies to gain visitor loyalty.

Buggz

Elite VIP Member
Embedding a movie, doesn't take space on your server's storage disk, you can embed whatever you want.
Make sure you have unlimited bandwidth on the hosting plan you choose.

Good luck dude

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Embedding a movie, doesn't take space on your server's storage disk, you can embed whatever you want.
Make sure you have unlimited bandwidth on the hosting plan you choose.

Good luck dude
Thanks a lot. I've been googling this for a while. It sometimes amazes me that its so hard to find answers to simple questions on google haha.

Alright I think I have found a good host after hours of research!
I'm pretty sure that I am going to go with Site 5- they offer unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and websites, as well as a free migration service. Their customer satisfaction is all in the 4 and 5 stars. You can check out the site at site5.com to see for yourself.

They're also in the Netherlands, which make me DMCA (Digital Millenium Copywrite Act) proof for the most part. Of course there always is the off chance that somebody will go above and beyond with multi-national laws, etc, but the basic consensus seems to be that Germany and the Netherlands are DMCA proof, and basically call "shredder!" when they get DMCA complaints and go on their merry way haha

Last edited:

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Ok Monday- Back to work!
So what I have done today:

Called Site5 about transferring hosts- they didn't answer I left a message. I will call back in 5-10 min.

Then I called my Max Bounty affiliate manager as I plan on doing some offline cpa as well as starting a couple niche sites soon. Again- no answer. So left a message and will try him back soon.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Alright Site 5 won't work because they're actually US based with a server in the netherlands -.-
So I'm going with alibaba host. I canceled my hostgator account, however my GoDaddy domain has a lock so that I can't transfer it for 60 days from when I first registered- which would be in September. But I only spent $5 on the domain, so losing $5 isn't too bad. I'll just get myself a new domain.

Max Bounty and Peerfly rejected me because I'm under 18, but I'll just reapply using my dad's info.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I saw some a discussion on warrior forum not too long ago that said BlamAds and Leadbolt don't allow copywrited material. Not sure how that works out, but apparently you can apply to overseas cpa networks. I heard about something about a 007 cpa, but if anyone would like to elaborate that'd be great.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
UPDATE:

Today I canceled my Hostgator account and got a refund.
I opened up a shared hosting plan with Alibaba host in the Netherlands, and also registered a domain with them. I am currently waiting for them to activate my account, which I assume will happen within the next couple of hours.

I will then begin building my website. The goal is to have my site up and running with movies by the end of this weekend.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
UPDATE:

Today I canceled my Hostgator account and got a refund.
I opened up a shared hosting plan with Alibaba host in the Netherlands, and also registered a domain with them. I am currently waiting for them to activate my account, which I assume will happen within the next couple of hours.

I will then begin building my website. The goal is to have my site up and running with movies by the end of this weekend.
Best damn choice ever. STAY AWAY from hostgator I hate them. Quick to cancel an account without questions. One day everything is great next day you have no site thanks to hostgator. Good choice breaking away form them bro!

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Yeah it actually went a lot smoother than I thought. When I first filled out the cancellation form I got an email back saying they wanted to speak to me over the phone. I thought they were going to give me a hard time about cancelling, but when I called some guy who sounded like he was half asleep cancelled my account with no questions asked :ciao:

At the moment I've had my account confirmed with Alibaba, and I went ahead and installed wordpress through my cPanel. I'm just waiting for my site to propogate, which should happen by tomorrow at some point.

Hi Kush..

Sorry for late reply was away for some work...

well as per your situation..

1. Before creating movie site or anything like warez etc. you must talk with hosting provider before buying anything...
2. you really even dnt need to buy domain from same host. even godaddy will be okay.
3. Anyhow you must have your site hosted on Offshore..
4. Blamads and leadbolt for movie site skip the idea.. Leadbolt if they allow or not but they dnt have good offers for movie niche. And Blam ads Big No. they are not good when it comes to payout.