Dynamic vs Static IP

Hi Guys,

I've been reading about the differences between dynamic and static IP adresses but can't work out which one is best for the sort of stuff (black/grey hat) we do.

Any suggestions, please?

Dynamic is best if you are going to be doing BH.

But Dynamic is only available via DSL, Cable, or aircard so you will need to buy an RDSL service (if you are looking for a remote connection).

There is also proxies, shared/dedicated ones, proxies via b0tnets... The choices are numerous :)

Monopoly

Very Active Members
It's not really that big of a deal to be honest.

As sf said there are proxies etc... that you can use which will probably be a cheaper option than trying to get a dynamic connection for a start.

Plus, if I understand it correctly, even on a dynamic line you're still on a set range which can just as easily be filtered/banned.

My service provider offers both at no extra cost so it's a Q of what's best. I have had static for a year but not done any BH stuff as such but download a few things they probably wouldn't like although not a lot.

Reading further about this - with dynamic IPs, the ISP knows exactly which IPs have been assigned to which user at which time so no real anonymity there. Also, given the fact that the range of IPs is likely to be limited, if someone wants to find out who you are, I don't think it would be difficult.

So my take is that there's not much in it and may as well stick with static and use proxies if anonymity is required.

Any further thoughts?