I need some tips for SEOing/indexing a new Wordpress site

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
colinthewealthyaffiliate.blogspot.com
I am going to be creating a new wordpress site in the acne niche. I really have no idea on how to SEO with Google's new algorithm which requires that your site have traffic and human activity before it even gets indexed. I have a plan for my site, and I know how to SEO with tags, titles, keyword density, etc, etc., But what I guess I really need is a way of getting lots of traffic to the site so it can get indexed.

I know you can use Social Networking and backlinks to an extent, but I really don't think that using just those is going to give me all of the traffic that I need to get my site properly indexed and off to a decent start.

Thanks.

federale

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I am going to be creating a new wordpress site in the acne niche. I really have no idea on how to SEO with Google's new algorithm which requires that your site have traffic and human activity before it even gets indexed. I have a plan for my site, and I know how to SEO with tags, titles, keyword density, etc, etc., But what I guess I really need is a way of getting lots of traffic to the site so it can get indexed.

I know you can use Social Networking and backlinks to an extent, but I really don't think that using just those is going to give me all of the traffic that I need to get my site properly indexed and off to a decent start.

Thanks.
Hey man,

Not sure where you heard that, but you do not need traffic to get indexed. Your site will get indexed quickly just have unique content on there and then just book mark it if you want it indexed a little quicker.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
colinthewealthyaffiliate.blogspot.com
Hey man,

Not sure where you heard that, but you do not need traffic to get indexed. Your site will get indexed quickly just have unique content on there and then just book mark it if you want it indexed a little quicker.

Well I guess what I heard was probably just a bunch of hyped up bull overstated by an affiliate then.
Thanks, that will make things a lot easier.

I'm currently working on writing an ebook for the site as a free give away.

linkchamp

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score

Thanks.
For getting indexed you only need is quality content and some one linking to you. If you want to get indexed faster then use the below site and submit your site.

Code:
http://www.freesitescripts.com/
Also you don't need traffic to get indexed, all that is crab statements if someone told you.Do social bookmarking and also see to it you make link exchange with similar niches.
Digg.com is my favorite to get indexed quicker.
Build quality links to get more traffic from search engines.
I think you are new to IM, so read about SEO and Link building stuff avail in the MMD Forums.

Best of luck

MontyzPython

Reaction score
As others have said, you don't need traffic to get indexed.

If you're going to use Wordpress (great choice, by the way), make sure you install the "Platinum SEO" plugin and the "Google XML Sitemap" plugin.

You can use the Platinum SEO plugin to customize your site's title, description, and keywords. You can also use it to do the same on every post.

Once you've got your site's main structure complete and you've populated it with some content, activate the "Google XML Sitemap" plugin and have it generate your sitemap.

Then head over to Google Webmaster Tools, create an account if you don't have one, add your site, submit your sitemap, and BOOM, you should be indexed within a day or two.