Is a tablet POS much better than a traditional credit card machine?

bloodhound

Reaction score
Our family runs a cafe and we recently decided to upgrade our POS and credit card machine to newer and updated ones. I suggested that we get a tablet POS, do you think it's much better to get a tablet POS than a traditional card machine? What are the pros and cons of each?

INSANITY

Make Money Online
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
In my opinion it depends what options and features you want and need for your business, as well as what systems and procedures you already have in place that are good and you don't want to change and which could be better and you'd like to change!... For example: if you have a good system for inventorying, or tracking stock "usage of products", then you probably don't want/need the tablet plus feature that assist in counting inventory, keeping track of stock and helping with determining what needs ordered for resupplying!...

Also, keep in mind employee tracking, scheduling, easy and cost of maintenance, vulnerability to hacking or other outside sources do to running on wifi or hardlined and many other options, advantages/disadvantages that each offer and how that would affect Your business, management and employees and why!!!

Taking other's opinions can help, but until you site down and right your own pros and cons list, you're not making an informed decision in my humble opinion! ;-) Employees and management can be good sources of info on towards making these list for you!