Is FILESONIC no longer working????

rusaraz3

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Website
www.bodypiercingsafe.com
Options. Are endless. Internet at it's core is for free exchange of information. FE*ds are stooling for big corps. They are always getting theirs no matter what. I see a future that will regenerate. Another internet will spring anew. In a worst case scenario. Persons like M*r. Dotcom and Ass*ge are innovators in their own right. Sad days. And. Interesting days and times we live in. MMDers. Past this painful moment. You should all seek Oppurtunity to prosper in the future. Keep taKING action.

dday500

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Things as we knew it are over SOPA did not pass however,the crackdown has begun. This legislation is seriously flawed and amounts tocensorship that would stifle Internet creativity and freedom online. Fellas,most of all, what's going on is pushing America to the back of the ingenuitybus. Their pushing the internet over to Europe and crushing America along theway killing everything we built. ThisR-Texas congressman LamarSmith is pushing, the bill that will effectively allow both the US governmentand copyright holders to seek court orders against websites that display or areassociated with intellectual property infringement and piracy. I thought theRepublicans stood for freedom. Cause andeffect someone makes a claim against you and they shut your website down. Therepushing us underground back to Usenet the consequences are too much for filesharing companies. Have you noticed how fast things were taken down because ofclaims of infringement, now it’s over. How do we get past this? We have nowhereto turn really, however, we must figure this out. We may come here and see this:

:bawling:

Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom has been denied bail at North Shore DistrictCourt this morning.
A large contingent of supporters packed the courtroom to hear Judge DavidMcNaughton's decision.
The German national has been remanded in custody until February 22, for thehearing of an extradition request.
Dotcom and three others were arrested on Friday after police raided hisrented mansion in Coatesville, Auckland, at the request of the FBI.
Police cut Dotcom from a safe room he had barricaded himself in.
Dotcom, 38, argued in court that he is innocent on charges of internetpiracy and money laundering.
The German national, who is also known as Kim Schmitz, faces extradition tothe United States for his role in megaupload.com, which US Federal prosecutorssay has cost copyright holders more than $620 million in revenue lost throughpirated material.
Prosecutor Anne Toohey said on Monday that Dotcom posed a flight risk"at the extreme end of the scale" because it was believed he hadaccess to funds, could easily arrange transport, had multiple identities andhad a history of fleeing criminal charges.
However, Dotcom's lawyer, Paul Davison QC argued he would not be going anywherebecause his funds have been frozen, his website shut down and his pregnant wifeis expecting twins any day.

Davey Mars

Very Active Members
Reaction score
ya know...I'm thinking that FS would rather be online doing what they used to do, rather than "stealing" monthly PP fees.
I doubt this was part of their master plan.

ZenMan

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I had accts with FSonic, Fserve, Wupld and FJungle and i have contacted them all to let them know I expect a refund even if it's prorated but i will not use them anymore. If you are on a monthly plan cancel your subscription or contact the CC issuer. If you have paid in full contact them directly and try to get as much back as you can. I think if enough people complain you will get the refunds back. I hope we come up with a file sharer that plans to stay in business and not afraid of the heat from the Feds.

genius

Reaction score
fu_k the feds and the govt. They just want to control everything and make us their guinea pigs. They're the biggest scams and cons out there.
Dido!!!! You couldnt have say it any better!

nk1888

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
They are now a cloud storage provider! They almost changed the business model right after megaupload went down.

pelican1789

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Torrents.........

ThUnDeRCoN

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Torrents.........
Looks like hotline clients and servers will go back up and old sckool carracho clients and servers will go back up.. and newsgroups will bethe next step that things go back to... I'm goingto boot up some of my old drives n see what goodies are their.. anyone elver play with that stuff b4?

mindmaster

Make Money Online
Reaction score
EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND STATE REPS AND TELL THEM IF OUR INTERNET FREEDOM GOES- THEY GO WITH IT!!

I don't need high speed internet or fancy tech items if all I can do is go to Big Corp sites! F%$k that!

Maybe We Need a No One use the Internet HOUR to show the POWER! STOP BUYING TECH ITEMS! Then Big Tech Corps can RATTLE CONGRESS!

artfuldodger

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Life****** had an article in the last few days that outlines a great many of the fs sites and how they responded to the recent pressures.

There were a few on the list of major players that are'nt shutting down but are going to crackdown hard on users with complaints against them.

Ive recently started uploading my IM library into Demonoid as a cloud backup type of thing. Wouldnt mind if it became a little more used for file sharing in the IM/MMO crowd. Fits my workflow, and less popups!

dday500

Very Active Members
Reaction score
MindMaster is right, We must all do what we can to turn this ugly situation around. If not things will get worst, look were already feeling the effects of this crap. Everyone is scared even this forum is at risk we must fight back....

Duke

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
To update or cancel your agreement with FileSonic, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile and click My Money. Your agreement is in My Preapproved Payments.

ZenMan

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Update on File sharing sites:

Megaupload – Closed
Fileserve – Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Deleting multiple files. Banning Premium accounts. Closed Affiliate Program.
Filesonic – Stopped filesharing. You can only download your own files. Closed Affiliate Program. Changed server location Jan 22, 2012. Taken down it's Facebook page
Now using Digital fingerprinting. Files are being deleted as soon as uploaded (as Hotfile did).
VideoBB – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filepost – Started suspending accounts with infringing material (as Hotfile did)
Uploaded.t... – Blocked U.S. access.
Videozer – Closed Affiliate Program.
Filejungle – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
Uploadstation – Owned by Fileserve (same as above). Testing USA IP addresses blocking.
4Shared – Deleting multiple files
EnterUpload - Down (Redirect)

Gazzooks

Very Active Members
Reaction score
So what is everyone using now?

Are we back to usenet level now?

dday500

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hello MMD, things are only going to get worst, Start preparing with alternatives for sharing, things as we knew it are over.

On January 19th, the United States Department of Justice put the hammer down on file sharing site Megaupload, by charging its owners with online copyright infringement. Seven people and two corporations—Megaupload Limited and Vestor Limited—were indicted by a New York grand jury and charged with a variety of crimes. If convicted on all possible charges, those involved face up to 50 years of jail time.

In the wake of this news, several file-sharing sites changed their operation methods. Filejungle and FileSonic eliminated third-party downloads, while Uploaded.to blocked American users from accessing the site. These three file-sharing sites worked preemptively to prevent similar fates, which raises an important question: what are the fates of file-sharing sites as a whole?

It's hard to know which websites, if any, will next taste the swift fist of justice, but there are a handful of choice suspects that are prime candidates for speculation. For example, the MPAA considers three online destinations as "rogue sites" for linking to copyrighted movie and television content: 1Channel.ch, Movie2k.to, and SolarMovie.eu. The reason for the MPAA's concern is obvious; all three sites act as pointers to sites that feature movie downloads for films that are currently in theaters (such as Underworld: Awakening).

Legitimate services that allow users to store files in the cloud without advocating copyright infringement—Dropbox, Box, Mozy, and others—were not mentioned. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those services—or those services' users—are exempt.
"I cannot say who they will go after, but they will get more aggressive," said Much Hakhinian, CISSP, head security architect and leader of application practices at Intralinks, a NYC-based company that provides secure collaboration service to 800 of the Fortune 1000. "If you go to a site that offers [to pay you] 10 bucks to upload a recent movie, there's a risk."

That said, there are plenty of file-sharing and hosting sites similar to the Megaupload (as well as torrent and "pointer" sites that direct you to pirated content) that may be the next to appear in the Justice Department's scope. Are they the next to go down? Here are the websites that may be at risk. And remember, digital piracy encompasses more than just movies, TV shows, and music—it involves software, too.
4shared
4share lets you share entire files or entire folders. If you install the 4Sync software, you can keep files on your PC and in your Web account in step. 4share free, basic accounts store 10GB of data, and lets users upload files no larger than 2GB. Premium accounts (starting at $4.55 per month) up the overall storage capacity to 100GB, increases the maximum file size to 5GB, removes advertisements, and boosts download speeds.
Potential Danger: A quick search for "The Lion King" using the site's built-in search engine revealed tracks from the film soundtrack that could be streamed or downloaded.
Hotfile
Hotfile provides free, one-click file uploads (400MB maximum size) for registered users.
There are three Premium membership tiers: $9 (one month of unlimited downloading/100Gb of Hot/Direct Linking), $35 (six months of unlimited downloading/600Gb Hot/Direct Linking), and $55 (one year of unlimited downloading and 1,200Gb of Hot/Direct Linking). You can also tack on additional hotlinking packages for $8 (200Gb), $38 (1,000Gb), or $108 (3,000Gb).
Potential Danger: Googling "Hotfile" and "The Lion King" returned a portion of "The Lion King: Special Edition," which was available for download.
MediaFire
MediaFire has a free basic plan that lets users upload files that are 200MB in size with "limited" long term storage, and no direct downloads. The Pro plan ($9 per month) ups the maximum file size to 4GB, long term storage to "forever," and direct downloads to 100,000 MB per month. The Business plan ($49 per month) lets users upload 10GB files, store them "forever," and all 250,000MB of direct download bandwidth per month. The premium accounts removes advertising and lets users create unique custom domain.
Potential Danger: Googling "MediaFire" and "Gaga" returned Lady Gaga's "Wonderful," which was available for download.
RapidShare
RapidShare offers swift, one-click file uploads. Buying "Rapids," Radipshare's currency, lets you shop for games, or upgrade to a premium RapidPro account. One Euro equals one Rapid. Premium account holders get unlimited storage time (vs. 30 days of inactivity for basic, free account holders), multi-platform administration tools, unlimited downloads with zero waiting time, and 100% SSL-encrypted file transfers.
Potential Danger: Googling "Rapidshare" and "Bieber" returned the pop singer's "Home For The Holidays" special which was available for download.
The Pirate Bay
The Pirate Bay is the poster boy for websites that have incurred the wrath of content providers—Swedish police raided and shutdown the operation in 2006. Why? The site is a search engine powerhouse that's designed to sniff out thousands upon thousands of torrent files, some of which (many of which?) are television shows, movies, comics, and albums.
Potential Danger: Visiting the site's "Applications" search area and discovering software such as Adobe Illustrator C2 5.1 and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional.
Project – Free TV
Project – Free TV's tagline is "Unleashing the Free TV Revolt," but it appears that it may do so in a way that violates copyrights. The contains links to a number of popular movies and TV programs, as well as a disclaimer stating that it doesn't or "know who and where videos are coming from."
Potential Danger: Links to external sites that house "Tower Heist," "Big Bang Theory," and dozens of other popular shows and movies.
1Channel.ch, Movie2k.to, and SolarMovie.eu
It would be a massive oversight to not mention these three websites, as they were explicitly mentioned as copyright infringers by the MPAA. Like Project-Free TV, these sites feature links to television and film programming that's hosted on other websites.
Potential Danger: Links to external sites that house "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn," "Criminal Minds," and a plethora of other copyrighted content.

CashCleaner

SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
Because of the SOPA/ACTA laws trying to be passed.
People are either starting to worry and shutting down services that will get hte mshut down or slowly being wiped out.

fathertime

Reaction score
One thing that has to happen is a better understanding of what "common sense" means, as pertaining to file sharing. While not the biggest problem, one of the biggest is clearly laid out in dday500s post above. The ability to use a simple google search to find shared materials is like giving the law bullets to load their guns with.

What do I mean by common sense? For example, if you decide to share the movie "The Matrix Revolutions", it isn't exactly a great idea to name the shared file(s) "the_matrix_revolutions.rar". In days gone by, you used to have to go to a release site, to find out what a file (or fileset) was named when released (ie. "The Matrix Revolutions" = wlPo49g87a.rar). It doesn't take a NASA scientist to figure out that "the matrix_revolutions.rar" is probably a bootleg copy of the movie. The bulk of the "investigative work" that the govt. conducted was not clandestine activity (monitoring traffic, specific IPs, etc), it was simply people doing google searches to find files (ie: inurl:the_matix for example).