Make $Bank$ With Offline CPA!

BrokenPixel

Make Money Online
Reaction score
This is a method that I put together for a friend of mine who does offline marketing and has been quite successful for him. It's a whitehat method but it can generate alot of cash if you work it. It can be a long term business strategy if you want to take that route. There is pretty much no way that you can't make money with this if you live in a city that has at least a few thousand people. Big cities are even better!

Ok, so the method is basically searching on Yellow Pages (Not Google) in your town for more "blue collar" businesses, such as construction companies, used car dealerships, taxi cab companies, stuff of that nature where the owners are actually working themselves. Everyone knows that the US is in a recession, so this makes your conversion ratio even higher.

Now what you're looking for on various Yellow Page sites is companies who don't have websites. Most Yellow Page directories are just stuff that's listed in the phone book and typically have no internet presence at all.

Once you find a few prospects, call them. Ask to speak with the owner. Tell him that you noticed that he didn't have a website and that he is missing out on a TON of traffic. 90% of the people you call will be interested in hearing what you have to say. Tell them that hardly nobody uses the phone book anymore and that their competition is getting tons of business from the internet.

They will be hooked at this point. Tell them that you do consulting and development for local businesses. Now what you want to do is schedule a meeting with this person, tell them that you just want to sit down and talk to them about what a strong internet presence could do for them.

Most will agree. Show up on time, wear nice clothes. When you're talking to them, don't talk about how much money you're charging or what services you can offer. Instead, explain the different things that they could do to dramatically increase their business by having a strong internet presence. Tell them that within a few days they could be blowing their competition out of the water.

This is where most will be drooling. Explain to them that you can offer several solutions in a wide variety of price ranges to fit his business needs. Always stay professional and remember the ABCs... (Always Be Closing).

Now the services that you're going to offer will be building a website, getting them web hosting, submitting them to Google local business listings, doing search engine optimization to outrank their competition (Social bookmarking will get you #1 most of the time).

For keywords, that's simple. If it's a construction company in Daytona Florida, you will want to rank for Daytona Construction Company and not their company's name.

This is easy and if you read my google local business listing thread, that will help you.

You can get free templates from pretty much anywhere. You get the picture.

Now the person will want to know prices. Think of something reasonable. What I have found is that most business owners are ok with ~$500 and my friend has even closed deals for $5000+.

If they tell you that they don't really have the money, offer them a free website. Tell them to just try your services and if they like it and see a response that you can build on that later. Now they will of course need web hosting. This is where the CPA comes in. Companys like HostGator and other webhosts give a solid $100+ per customer that you send to them.

You could even take it one step further and just get a reseller hosting account and tell them to use your host (Don't tell them it's yours of course) and then charge $30/month or something like that. 99% will agree and you have at least gotten a recurring customer off of it, or a hosting sale.

There's a million ways that you spin this method, but basically you're just calling businesses with no internet presence and offering them something until they can't refuse. Use your brain and this can make you a ton of money :burnout:

silverdot

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Coming from a business to business sales background. This is a ballsy move. I don't think that most people here would have the gall to do that. I know I wouldn't. That's like an outside sales position for HostGator. I would just as soon get a 9-5 with them rather then drum up my own business.

FiveAlive

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I've looked into this kind of thing before, the only thing stopping me was I couldn't find any reliable sales people here in the UK to do the calling. I bought a book on sales calls but I never dared do the actual calling.

aj113

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
A twist on this - and much more newb-friendly - would be to advertise in your local newspaper. Offer to do websites for free. You will design a main page, contact page, and contact page, plus basic SEO -(meta tags, H1 tags etc) - totally free. You earn you money from Hostgator, and if your customer wnats more than 3 pages you can charge $x per page depending on what he needs.

The differnce doing it this way is no cold calling, very easy to do, and you will probably have more business than you can cope with.

Elf

Make Money Online
Reaction score
A twist on this - and much more newb-friendly - would be to advertise in your local newspaper. Offer to do websites for free. You will design a main page, contact page, and contact page, plus basic SEO -(meta tags, H1 tags etc) - totally free. You earn you money from Hostgator, and if your customer wnats more than 3 pages you can charge $x per page depending on what he needs.

The differnce doing it this way is no cold calling, very easy to do, and you will probably have more business than you can cope with.
thanks aj, great suggestion

jeanpâte

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
getsometraffic.net
I've looked into this kind of thing before, the only thing stopping me was I couldn't find any reliable sales people here in the UK to do the calling. I bought a book on sales calls but I never dared do the actual calling.
I'm with you. I would love to be ballsy enough to pound the pavement and cold call people, but alas, I'm not...that's why I (an many on here) try to make ca$h behind my the saftey of a (fire)wall. LOL.

IM_Hustler

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Website
www.residentevil4afterlife.com

I did this before on a small scale and it worked quite well. I just didn't have the time to continue doing it but it's definately a good plan.

BSA2010

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score

I've heard it's hard to get payed from these high paying hosting affiliates, BUT I DO NOT KNOW THIS FROM EXPERIENCE. I saw some guy on BHW saying he made $5000 a month from a similar method to the OP's

mrgodlike

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I've seen this method twisted on different forums... for a reason: It Works.

Good post Broken

Rube77

Make Money Online
Reaction score
It does work, I have been taking some time to get into place to do this. Me and a pal purchased offline x factor and put it to use. I have a few good testimonials now and getting ready to launch this part of my marketing company over the next few months. The only thing to stop this method is bad handling of it. Use your head and remember that you are getting paid for your value, not your time. Also, keep in mind your target's business model and what a few leads a month would do for them and price accordingly.

For example:

a mortgage company, I would hit about $800-$1,500 mo for my services
as a kids clothing store, You will be lucky to get more than $100-$300 a month

think about the volume of sales and ticket price/profit margin to adjust your pricing. Most of the lead channels you will open up for them require no real maintenance and will be easy free money rolling in.

Great share mate

leahpet

Make Money Online
Reaction score
This is my first post so HELLO everyone!

I am doing this now - offering a free site and using reseller hosting. I don't like the idea of having to wait for or depend on affiliate commissions. I advertise on CL and in the local paper and have the client sign up for a years hosting at a time via PayPal subscriptions. I also outsource the website building to the Philippines for peanuts. There are a zillion ways to twist this method and make it work for you. You can do a LOT with a $24.95 a month reseller hosting plan!!!

Check out Hidden Cash Formula for specifics if you're new to IM. I'll DL it here if it's not here already. =)

Moneymakermember

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
This works very well I too am doing a similar method.
I recently had someone ring my daily job (Cycletime (bike shop)) offering the same service. I quickly told them that Im an internet marketer myself and will not need your service thank you!