More backlinks, lower google ranking

devil1983

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Hello,

I don't know what is wrong, but my google rank is dropping.

I've made MORE backlinks
I update my site weekly with good content
I hit good keywords in the content and the links
(i'm still on google page #1 on 5 different keywords, but thats' not enough;))

But still i'm getting a lower ranking.

What am i doing wrong ???

ps. I'm now reading a e-book. And they call it 'google dance'. Means when you get really active on backlinking, google can give you other an other ranking. Even NO ranking. But the book says it is just a matter of time before it recovers itself.

Is this story true ??

1 of 2 things.

Your site could be experiencing the Google Dance, your ranking will be tossed around a little because of the newly indexed backlinks pointing to your site. This is common, and sometimes people have reported that it could take up to two weeks. Depending on your sites authority (new sites generally experience this more, rather than big business sites) will usually depend how often this happens. That's why like Wikipedia won't lose its rank, it's really trustworthy and millions of people link to its pages daily.

Or 2...

Some people believe that lower quality backlinks don't matter anymore because of the Panda update. Some believe it's more important to try to score high PR backlinks right away, to generate authority, because backlinks with no PR that aren't high authority are kind of useless in Google's eyes right now.

If you want me to, I could analyze your backlinks to help you figure out what's up if you need any help. Just shoot me a PM.

workinclasshero

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Just keep backlinking steady dont stop whatever you do just keep backlinking everyday, a few social bookmarks when adding new content, keep the links diverse meaning blog comments,forum profiles,social bookmarks, articles, press releases, anything you can think of just do a few of each every day buyt dont ping them, let google find them on their own, if you insist on pinging just ping the root of the domain, never ping the page direct, peace.

devil1983

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Many thanks for the comments.

The site itself is not that old indeed. And it was indexed naturally by google and got a 'good' ranking. Now i want to get a higher ranking and making a big list of backlinks each day, i became into google dance. I dropped a few places on a few keywords, but i will continu doing my job. Hopefully it won't last long ;).

I am also wondering how google will judge backlinks with the new algo. I think you are right when you got lots of 'bad' backlinks, google won't give you a high ranking. But the last weeks i'm only adding pr4 of pr5 backlinks and some .edu. I also noticed the 'density' of a few keywords was getting weaker because i added more content.

I will keep you guys updated.

i also analysed the backlinks and i came to conclusion i've to wait a little while. I don't ping my backlinks anymore. Only use the ping when got new site getting indexed. but thanks for the tip ;)

greets

Many thanks for the comments.

The site itself is not that old indeed. And it was indexed naturally by google and got a 'good' ranking. Now i want to get a higher ranking and making a big list of backlinks each day, i became into google dance. I dropped a few places on a few keywords, but i will continu doing my job. Hopefully it won't last long ;).

I am also wondering how google will judge backlinks with the new algo. I think you are right when you got lots of 'bad' backlinks, google won't give you a high ranking. But the last weeks i'm only adding pr4 of pr5 backlinks and some .edu. I also noticed the 'density' of a few keywords was getting weaker because i added more content.

I will keep you guys updated.

i also analysed the backlinks and i came to conclusion i've to wait a little while. I don't ping my backlinks anymore. Only use the ping when got new site getting indexed. but thanks for the tip ;)

greets
Throw in some authority backlinks and I think you'll find that the dance settles down a bit. Even a spammy .edu backlink will work, just gotta let Google know that an .edu site likes you :p

digg

google always says go for quality don't go for quantity you need to create quality back links relevant to your website update your website everyday and i m sure your website will stay on best ranking and you have to work On Page SEO it will work very well for your website......Thanks man

StoneWilson

Very Active Members
How about those backlinks qualities? My website is in the same situation recently, the main keyword rank drop from #1 to #4!

devil1983

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
My website is already getting higher rankings again. The backlinks are 'good' quality links. I'm back on my old positions and didn't do a lot to be honest. Didn't had time to take action.
I think it's something with google algo.
Only thing is google had seen some new backlinks i'd made in the past, but also google got rid of some older backlinks which weren't quality links.

Cyber Don

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Also, what kind of backlinks are you going for? if you go with good links like articles, you are sure to rise easily.