new website question

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I just bought 4 year old domain mygoodie(dot)com and was wondering how much its worth now as-is.

I plan on ranking high for keywords and flipping in the future.

I have xsitepro but not sure whether to use wordpress with content spinner or xsitepro with spun content??
Wordpress site would probably be easier to flip but xsitepro would have a nicer looking website but buyer would need xsitepro to manage site.

Also any any advice of what kinda site I could set up that would be relevant to domain name? what would be best for max profit? forum, product site, info site etc...? what promotions would work best?

thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the noobish questions

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
You dont make any since??? you should try reading what you have written before pressing enter.

viking007

Make Money Online
it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it :)
um actually thats a 100% TRUE response and makes perfect "sense."
you can speculate all day long, but it wont mean a damn thing till you have dollars in your bank account.

you can set the price or get a quote for $1000 - but i'll give you $20.

thats what it means by "as much as someone is willing to pay for it." no "price" is guaranteed.
the TRUE value IS what you agree to sell it for and successfully complete a transaction with a buyer.
nothing more, nothing less.

spids

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
No it doesnt make any since, it was a stupid post. read the rest of his stupid posts just trying to get the 50 posts to access the download section just like unstopable. Its gone ridiculous since the 50 post thing came in stupid posts and threads everywhere.

viking007

Make Money Online
well you can argue all you want - its still true. but just for the sake of argument and to satiate your curiosity i ran about a dozen online appraisals for you. on average the domain valuation came back between $0 - $10. one came up with $2700 and another still between $350-$550. of course im sure you'll think its worth at least $2700. so go ahead and try to sell it for that. you will quickly find out if anyone "is willing to pay that much."

my offer for $20 will stay on the table for the next 24 hours. good luck!

derik

Make Money Online
you have to start monetizing your site, add lot of content, get the alexa up, put in some cpa or adsense,
When you flip site, a buyers point of view would be what have the site made so far, means of earning, traffic coming in per day, counties of traffic etc.

lets say you have 100 unique per day and makes 5$ via adsense per day , i am sure you can flip for a couple of 100$. do keyword research and setup with high search keywords. (low competition)

jubee

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I must agree. Depends on what is someone to pay for that generic domain. Its ranked on G Search at place 2, but whats the market - no adwords ads for that search term, G listed mostly searches for music for that term, b ut could be a great domain name for a portal with amazon or ebay products or even adsense.Buying domains without a clue whats to do with them is difficult.First do the market research (is there any and which), than the Product research and at least the domain research, not the other way around. Don't be impressed by short generic domain names, or you really have to know how to play the domain sellers game.
Ithink thats the reason why the former chinese domain owner let it expire.
One domain checkers listed the domain worth $2000 but with low semantic worthness.I would build a autoblog with ebay, amazon or adsense on it and let some money roll in.