Offline Marketing Idea - Highly Profitable If Applied Right

Shot

Well, not sure if anyone has thought of this but recently I was at the supermarket, and of course picked up a cart to hold all my items like almost everyone else does.

So I instantly thought, if people look into the cart, and find a flier that offers something, eg. Chance to win a free iPad, contest, etc. They will generally be interested or atleast 5% will be interested, and they will keep the flier or just read it over and memorize whatever content it had. So basically, walk into a supermarket, put fliers in the carts you USE or you might get frowned upon by the staff, and constantly do that with a seperate campaign and check out the results.

It's no lie that people don't trust the internet as much as real life, so utilize that and you could make some cash.

outbackjoe

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
perhaps for a local business it might work by putting something or clipping an item to the cart to attract people's attention - bit of brand marketing - don't know how you'd make money though being the middleman if local business is your thing. You would have to do a deal with the supermarket as well. Maybe get a local business to promote themselves and you put an offer on the bottom that would be of interest??

cost might be an issue though

what about pizza boxes :)

Maybe you could pay the local supermarket to advertise in the carts?

Or you could bribe the employees to let you put in fliers while they look the other way.

The first way seems like it could work well.

Def not a new idea. Also agree with the problems of doing this on a larger scale spec for supermarkets.

Heard of a guy doing this with hotels (leaving discount cards on their desks) that was very successful. Gotta generate value for the customers though.

Well, not sure if anyone has thought of this but recently I was at the supermarket, and of course picked up a cart to hold all my items like almost everyone else does.

So I instantly thought, if people look into the cart, and find a flier that offers something, eg. Chance to win a free iPad, contest, etc. They will generally be interested or atleast 5% will be interested, and they will keep the flier or just read it over and memorize whatever content it had. So basically, walk into a supermarket, put fliers in the carts you USE or you might get frowned upon by the staff, and constantly do that with a seperate campaign and check out the results.

It's no lie that people don't trust the internet as much as real life, so utilize that and you could make some cash.
Yes your idea is good for doing offline marketing.

Griffon

Weiter Weiter
Not sure where you reside, but where I live, supermarkets do that all the time. They even hand you flyers the minute you walk to let ya know where the good deals are.

I wouldn't bother with that, very problematic. You'd get into trouble with staff unless you were the owner, but then you wouldn't be offering free ipads to your customers, you'd sell them the ipads instead.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it to bother with offline marketing unless you were selling something with a high ROI. Because the costs of offline marketing are usually higher.

Kush

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I think this could be used to make some gas money. I live in kind of a poor area thats right beside the local high school.

Broke teenagers+free iPod offers for a simple survey should = some conversions