Organic Traffic

AbortedFajitas

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my story of how I got 5k/day traffic to a site that is 2 weeks old without doing shit. I was looking through deleted domains of 5 characters or less, hoping to come across a gem. I saw "doids.com" and since it was pronounceable, I figured what the hell. Then I asked a few friends to come up with the dumbest ideas possible for it. The dumbest one by far happened to be "Doids: Dogs Only In the Driver's Seat," a site with pictures of dogs driving. So I put up a wordpress blog and posted 1 picture of a dog driving and a submit a pic page. I got a few submissions, added them, and laughed at how ridiculous the site was. The other day I notice in my analytics it is getting over 1k hits a day... So I look at the refferal links, and I notice that guardian.co.uk, one of the biggest news sites in the UK, linked me in an article. Among guardian, a few other large blog sites linked to it. All the while, I had it setup so google couldnt even index it. I just allowed google's bot to crawl it today, so we'll see how the traffic picks up. I just thought it was funny. I have all these adult sites that I can hardly get 100 hits a day to, but doids ends up getting tons of traffic. Blah, I give up. I am drunk, sleep time.

subzij

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hilarious site mate, my favourite is "I'm pulling over, I gotta take a dump". Great, simple method too.

infoaddict

Make Money Online
Reaction score
the burning question: how to monetize?

funny what it takes to find the real gold instead of all that pyrite everyone's flinging around.

congrats.

AbortedFajitas

Make Money Online
Reaction score
I've been looking through some dog food sponsors.. Probably going to throw some ads up for one of em.