Phone Scripts- does anyone have a descent one?

webbo

Make Money Online
Yea guys this would be great if someone could share, or even any imput to where we could find general phone scripts.

CpaCash

Make Money Online
What you need to do is look for "Jordan Belfort, Straight Line Persuasion" I found it on a few sites including this one. But have not downloaded it because I cant find a torrent for it. This is going to be your best bet for a phone script.

The straight line pitch was developed mostly by this guy and guys at Lehman Brothers, back like 20 years ago and, from long experience can tell you it works!

But be warned this type of phone pitch to get clients takes a ton of work, when I started in that business over 10 years ago, the rule of thumb was you made 600 calls per day. Out of the 600 dials you would reach 100 and out of the 100 contacts you made you only 10 would listen to your pitch and you would open one account. Back then we worked from 8am to 8pm non stop only stopping to eat a sandwich at our desks.

That being said this form of phone sales remains to be the most effective form of advertising to date, even though most will disagree with that statement I full stand by it. Here is a basic outline of a straight line pitch:

1. Introduction

(Option 1) Hi this is _______ over at _______ HOW ARE YOU ?!! Great!!! Listen I'll be very quick here, I wanted to touch base with you today because... (give him a short over view without too many details, less is more at this point).

(Now comes the juice) I feel this (product name) will (give some exciting benefit, know as a bullet), more importantly (another bullet) are you with me so far on this? (What for reply), Great (clients name)!!!

(Now ask some qualifying questions to be sure this is the type of client you want or if the client can even afford what you have to offer)

Here are some example questions to ask:

"If I could show you how too... would you....?"
"How much money do you have invested in.......?"
"How often do you....?"

Notice the questions above are open ended questions, let him talk, ask about his business let him tell you about his business. You will use what he tells you to close him later if the client has objections which 9 out of 10 will.

Once you have him qualified tell him he is qualified to do business with you and your company to stroke his ego.

"Sounds like your just the type of client we are looking for."
"Based on what you told me so far I think we can do business together."

Continue with your story if needed and then ask for the order.

Asking for the order is the most important part and where most phone sale go wrong. If you have several payment options you should say something like this:

"(client name) we take Visa, MasterCard and American Express, which would you prefer?"
"(client name) out of the 3 packages i just mentions which do you think is best for your company"

What ever your closing statement is, remember to ASK FOR THE ORDER AND SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!
Put your hand over you mouth if you have to, the first to talk loses.

Normally you can expect some resistance or objections from the client at this point, you need to be ready with your rebuttals and ask for the order again. A rebuttal is simply a benefit to why the client should do business with you.

It should go something like this:

Client Objection - Your rebuttal, or benefit - ASK FOR THE ORDER AND SHUT UP. Repeat until he says yes or hangs up.

You may have to repeat this part up to 7 times so you need to have a list of benefits and features about your product or service along with some generic closing statments like:

"This will be the best decision you ever made"
"Lets get this done"

Among others. You should try what is known as a box close. First isolate the objection:

"John, we are both professionals, so level with me whats really stopping you from doing business with me today."

"So your telling me your only objection to doing business with me is...... is there any thing else?"

Second Overcome the objection with features and benefits of your product, service ect.

Third ASK FOR THE ORDER AND SHUT UP.

This is a very basic example of how to develop a straight line sales pitch, you need to keep it exciting, pure excitement makes up for most of success, stand up when your pitching and speak form your gut not your chest. Take control of the conversation at all times.

The client will try to knock you off your "straight line" because he knows you are trying to sell him use a simple rebuttal like "John, that's neither here nor there, more importantly..."

Use the customers first name as much as possible in the script, ask open ended questions and get him to say yes 7 times during the conversation.

Thats about as far as I can help without knowing what you are selling and to whom, let me know if you have any other questions, hope this helps

But like I said look for that course it should cover what I just wrote and a lot more. Good luck

PabloEscobar

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Nice tips mate. I had a brief stint in tele sales, I was shite at it because the product was crap. Im not into ripping people off and I felt that is what I was doing.... I've got the gift of the gab being a scouser :D but Im not into scamming people of there hard earned doh if I cant deliver what Im spinning them... thanks for this though good read ;)

markreed757

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Nice tips mate. I had a brief stint in tele sales, I was shite at it because the product was crap. Im not into ripping people off and I felt that is what I was doing.... I've got the gift of the gab being a scouser :D but Im not into scamming people of there hard earned doh if I cant deliver what Im spinning them... thanks for this though good read ;)
I couldn't agree more. I hate being ripped off so I make sure I am not part of the problem. I would rather over deliver then sell a $100 vacuum for $2500 like I was told to do when I was selling sweepers.

globalways

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Guys sales is not bad. I worked in car sales until they layed me off because the dealership wasn't going to open up. Now that industry you have some good and then you have rotten ones. Like anything be you and be different. I agree I can't sell anything I don't believe in.

Fernando999

Make Money Online
Thanks for breaking that down for me.
Im going to take that away, amend it so its relevant to my offline start up company, and then follow Docs advice and pay commission for my own telesales team.

Iv got five weeks to 180 customers (otherwise I don't meet contractual obligations and lose funding from one of my partners).
I'm literally willing to try every marketing method possible.

I'll let you all know how it works for me!

Hardball selling

Its all about the hard sale, look at Jordan's ealier work on sales, he now says that what he used to believe in about pressure selling doesnt work. The only reason he now goes against his past beliefs in his training methods and interviews is because he is not allowd to teach how he used to, under the terms of his release he is not allowed to promote and train sales in the way he used to. All his work and training is still excelent but when mixed with the hard selling techniques he used to apply it becomes potent. Anyone looking to train themselves or their team I would highly reccomend you buy the straight line system and also buy "Hardball: High pressure selling" the mixture of the two will make you and your team go to lengths you never thought possible. Dont be fooled, buy these two programs, theres a reason Stratton Oakmont's success in sales has never been matched.