Posting On Blogs For Backlinks...Yes/No?

bbjumpman

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hi so I'm curious what people with a bit more experience on here think about this. I've been doing my research on the top ten sites for my keyword niche on google and I've checked their backlinks out. Now one of them seems to have a ton of backlinks from blogs (wordpress etc.).

Now, I was under the impression no follow links on these blogs don't do you much good. I've read all the search engines basically look at it differently but I'm concerned about google as I have better rankings in yahoo right now (easier).

So would it do me much good to post 10 to 20 comments on no follow blogs per day? The only reason I ask is because one of the top sites I was looking at had hundreds of links back from these blogs.

Any comments suggestions about blog commenting and SEO would be appreciated.

joshua99

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
There are indeed some great advantages to post blog comments. I do not know if Google discard nofollow links completely but my site seems to get a boost when I do some blog comments. As blackeyedpeas mentioned it also helps to make your link building activities appear more natural.

Dylan

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Now, I was under the impression no follow links on these blogs don't do you much good.
Although a lot of blogs use no follow attribute, not all blogs are no follow. The person probably used the no follow plug in and posted mainly in blogs that do follow

bbjumpman

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the insight. All of the ones I happened to check out were no follow when I looked at the source code, but of course I couldn't go through them all. I'll incorporate blog commenting for my sites looks like.

sainompk

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
www.seoaplus.com
I think blog comments still working, nofollow links are support your SERP result, I done some experiment about nofollow link (daily 5 links) and some days my site jump from 42th page to 3rd page. :)

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Fair to say crap is crap no matter how you cut it and google knows crap. Use crap sparingly. Blog comments are fine as long as it is not your only SEO plan. Take scrapebox for example. You can **** all day long with scrapebox. You will even experience some great results. However those results will be short lived as part of the new algorithm of google looks for indicators that you would be giving off. You could get deindexed or experience a huge decrease in serp traffic and ranking.

Think of it this way. In order to have a successful town you need more then a town full of bakers.If everyone in Town made bread no one would buy bread. You need Fireman Police Government Bankers Mechanics and so on and so forth. Why would you take a different approach to building a foundation to your city *website*? You need all kinds of links. Wiki links - Blog links - Forum links - Social links - Web 2.0 links.