Simple & Highly Targeted Offline CPA Strategy - Please Read & Contribute Ideas

Mr.Ruthless

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
This is my 1st real thread/contribution. Just thought this up today, so it may not be water tight if you know what I mean. Not sure what hat this falls under, although, I have a feeling it leans towards blackhat.

I didn't see it here on the forum, or anywhere else for that matter. If it is here, and I overlooked it... shame on me... I am a dweeb and I am willing to commit ritual suicide for dishonoring my MMD family.

Okay, without further ado, here is the plan in all its brilliant, magnificent glory... please contribute your own twists and let me know if you see any holes in this plan. Thanks.

The Plan

1. Assuming you're signed up to a CPA network, pick a zip-submit/email Free Gift Card CPA offer... one that is targeted for a brand-name retail store such as Wallyworld, Bullseye, JTBenney, etc.

2. Select an attractive, eye-catching, yet simple banner design that you can use to create a postcard-sized flyer.

3. Save the image files to your computer.

4. Purchase a domain name (e.g. xxxxGiftCards.com) and create sub-domains for each offer... xxxxGiftCards.com/Wallyworld, etc. Chances are offers will expire in time, but new ones will come along so you're safe with a generic domain name and subs... you get the idea, right? Awesome.

5. Redirect each offer to it's appropriate sub-domain (or is it the other way around? hurr durr), then iFrame and blank your referrer to cover your tracks. Attention Admin./Mods: This is not my area of specialty, so please make changes to this step as you see fit.

6. Locate a banner image file that you saved to your computer and
modify it to include your new domain name and sub-domain. Make it large enough for your customers to see so there is no confusion. Be sure to remove any existing domain name and/or any disclaimers such as *see terms and gift rules. Common sense, right? Sweet. Note: I attempted to upload one of my image files to make a flyer on Vista.com and it said the resolution was too low... 300 dpi was ideal. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

7. Print glossy flyers in adequate numbers for testing. If you plan on going to more than one shopping center of the same name, consider creating multiple sub-domains for each of them to track and see which ones convert the best. For example, xxxxGiftCards.com/Wallyworld1, xxxxGiftCards.com/Wallyworld2, etc.

8. Distribute flyers to consumers in parking lots of shopping centers for your particular offer. If it's a Free $1,000 Gift Card for Bullseye then go to all their shopping centers and distribute them to customers on their way out. Just be aware of security and whatnot so you don't raise any suspicions. Don't be a dweeb and stand right by the entrance/exit doors. That's just asking for trouble. Put on a Santa hat if it's Christmas time and go to work.

9. Collect cash, rinse & repeat.

Conclusion

Now, I just thought of this on the spot and I still have yet to implement The Plan. I know, I know... shame on me I'm a dweeb. What the hell am I thinking?! Well, since I do have some other priorities, and this is an offline CPA promotion strategy, it's unlikely that I will have much competition in my area and besides... 'tis the season to be sharing. What's that? Yes, I do accept donations. How kind of you! Ha, ha I'm just kidding. Not really. :stupid:

Disclaimer: I would also like to add that I will not be held liable for any damages that may occur due to the irresponsibility of any dweebs who follow
The Plan and f**k it up for themselves. You've been warned! :thefinger:

Furthermore, this is for edutainment purposes only you filthy, greedy bastards. I love you guys.

In all seriousness, if this is totally retarded and/or doesn't belong on the forum, I sincerely apologize. Sincerely.

Stay ruthless my friends,

Jett

P.S. Feel free to copy & paste this into MS Word or whatever and convert to a .pdf file for easier reading and whatnot. I hear it makes a great stocking stuffer.

phenom

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Nice share. I've heard of someone doing something similar outside of a few Starbucks and making 1k a day. One thing I would add is to hire some college kids to do the standing and handing out of flyers for you ;)

Also the formatting of your post is a little distracting..

NetZen

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Not retarded dude, good thinking out of the box.

I have read of similar brainstorms elsewhere. I say go for it :beer:
Be nice to know if anyone as actually done this and how they fared.

Mr.Ruthless

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Thanks and sorry about the formatting. I did go a little overboard. I'll remember to tone it down in future posts.

Edit: Step 6. Vista.com should read Vistaprint.com (not promoting them, just a site I went to)

Sinnerman

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Definitely a creative offline marketing method here.

Couple of things to consider:

1) Printing costs. Inkjet + decent quality paper is expensive, it'll cost about $.50 per print, so you gotta factor that into costs.

2) The problem with looseleaf flyers that most of them go in the garbage about 5 seconds after they are handed out. Perhaps it may be cheaper/better to do business cards instead of looseleaf flyers.

3) If this method really does work well, maybe hiring a hot chick for like $10/hr (trust me high school chicks love doing this kind of shit for little money) to hand out the cards will be better.

BSA2010

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Definitely a creative offline marketing method here.

Couple of things to consider:

1) Printing costs. Inkjet + decent quality paper is expensive, it'll cost about $.50 per print, so you gotta factor that into costs.
Haven't ever done it, but you can get 5000 4x6 glossy cardstock color flyers from several places for around $140+- and 5000 3x4 cardstock glossies for less than $100.

I'd love to just go out and put them on cars, but I think you can't get in trouble doing that from what little I've heard on other non-im forums.

*edit-maybe business cards will be less conspicuous on cars...

Mr.Ruthless

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
This is the only source I've checked out so far for flyer pricing. Specs are approx. 5x4 and printed on Paper Stock: Premium, 80 lb. (215 gsm) glossy card stock.

It's like an extra $5 to use your own image.

If I can nab 5,000 4x6 glossies for $140 or whatever, I'm all over that!

Just went online real quick to see what I could do, but I need a solution to increase the DPI for my images... Anyone? All I did so far was either save the image from my CPA creative banner and/or preview the landing page and crop the image to a suitable size for postcard-sized flyers. Not sure how to increase the DPI for better resolution. Used MS Paint.

mrgodlike

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Jett... good post man, really nice.

Offline promotion can be an easy way to bank if done right, and this should definitely be something easy to bank w/ especially since it's Christmas time.

midknightg

Make Money Online
Thanks for the idea I recently looked into something similiar but getting yard signs made up and trying out payday, and google bizop offers. one thing you may want to do is reach out to your AM before running bulk leads from same localized area. unless you could get these distributed nationally through some national Temp agency..:stupid:

I'll get back to this once I investigate further.

Mr.Ruthless

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Jett... good post man, really nice.

Offline promotion can be an easy way to bank if done right, and this should definitely be something easy to bank w/ especially since it's Christmas time.
Thanks MrGodLike. I agree. I'd love to hear some success stories.

euroweb

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Just went online real quick to see what I could do, but I need a solution to increase the DPI for my images... Anyone? All I did so far was either save the image from my CPA creative banner and/or preview the landing page and crop the image to a suitable size for postcard-sized flyers. Not sure how to increase the DPI for better resolution. Used MS Paint.

You can change the DPI using a free online tool called Irfanview

1. Free download:
Code:
http://www.irfanview.com/
2. Install the application.

3. Open the file (picture,...)

4. Then:

-> click File
-> click Batch Conversion/Rename
-> tick Use advanced options (for bulk resize...)
-> click Advanced (next to the ticked 'Use advanced options')
-> bottom left: Set DPI value: fill in your desired value

I believe that could solve the problem.
Thanks for sharing your idea btw, OP.

Ralphy

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
hello guys since we talking here about offline marketing i thought i could add or ask some advice from pros here. i read online where ever i could of postcard profits by Jake Luten and did some out of box thinking. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

the plan:

CPA + PPV + POSTCARD + mobile text ADS +Social media(facebook/twitter) + NEXTMARK (list broker) + Aweber + merchant acct = $$$$
you could work exclusively w CPA or PPV only if you like

postcard - include XXXX numeric code for text ads in mobile (paid-moneymailer, iloop mobile)

in theory this should work if put into action.

the only negative here is you must find a campaign that is active for Long Time

i am in barbershop business so getting traffic is my main concern; i am conceptualization about traffic so i brainstorming it and this what i came up with, really want to know your pro/cons will it work?

Yakult

Make Money Online
CPA + PPV + POSTCARD + mobile text ADS +Social media(facebook/twitter) + NEXTMARK (list broker) + Aweber + merchant acct = $$$$
you could work exclusively w CPA or PPV only if you like

postcard - include XXXX numeric code for text ads in mobile (paid-moneymailer, iloop mobile)
I really don't understand any of that equation... What exactly are you saying?

bgfinal

Make Money Online
This Thread rules. There are so many ways to twist this around. Not to mention that I actually enjoy running around putting flyers on windshields. It gives me deep satisfaction.

I've seen this a lot on here. I really want to see how all of this plays out. Will it be a matter of time before you can't come aout of a mall or walmart without having a CPA offer on your winshield? I read these plans, these exact plans on every forum. We'll see how it pans out I guess.

KilleN^

Make Money Online
You could probabaly build a sweet list with this method too. If you get email submits or something of the like you get thousands of people to sign up (For example) a weight loss offer. All these people are highly targeted and you could easily sell weight loss pills or market something like that to this group. There are some good ways to twist this.

In fact you could set up some sort of referal program for this so it goes a little viral. IE, you offer people a free giftcard you double their chances everytime they get a friend to sign up. I think im going to play around with this and outsource everything just for the hell of it.

androfreak

Very Active Members
I have one very serious problem...
I have made a lot from cpa signups but never succeeded with email submits..
Email submits never convert at all for me.. I mean actual conversion.. I know people fill out their emails and everything but then too it does not work ..i have tried each and every network out there..
Thanx and ya good idea..
Twists can be added too..like mcdonalds email submit to be promoted in cafeteria.. Etc..etc..
College grants can be promoted.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk