*Smeltzers Projects* What is happening now! Where I came from!

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
So thought I would put up a personal journal for a few reasons.
1. Trying some new things some feedback would be nice.
2. So you can see exactly what goes on in my life.
3. Maybe you might want to try something new and something I say might give you an idea.
4. I want you guys to see where I have been.

So let me start with the history of Smeltzer.

Back when I started in making money online when you bought a domain you got a letter in the mail and a bill for the cost of the domain. Online payments happened but for most instances it was not the norm. So that might give you some idea how long ago I started.

With that being said all I knew about back then was ad revenue and trying to get people to come to my site and click on ads. I knew nothing of IM and fell for about anything I read and half of it was a bunch of made up gargle that just did not work.

Fast forward a little. Maybe a couple years or so not really sure. I purchased a site on Ebay. I once again knew nothing of IM. I did not even know really what a forum was either. I purchased a site on Ebay that dealt in selling traffic to webmasters. Back then still was pretty young but knew how to search. So I searched for similar sites on the web and came up with a forum called digital point. At that time I did not know what digital point was. I was just clicking links to see more sites like mine. I clicked it and saw many people in threads selling traffic. The DP traffic forum.

The DP Traffic Forum My first venture into true IM.
I decided to sign up to DP. I remeber trying to create a thread and it said I could not and I was kinda down I could not so I went to there rules and read em to find out why. Come to find out I had to have so many post and my account had to be aged to a certain degree.

So I eagerly awaited with anticipation. Everyday felt like a million all the time I was replying to post but not really sure what I was saying because the only thing on my mind is if I can just get to that section all my dreams will come true.

FINALLY the time come! My first post I read all post in the selling traffic threads. I shaped it to be similar but with my own personal way of doing things. I even spent my own money giving people the opportunity to test my traffic. *Hoping beyond all hopes that what they say will influence buyers.*

Now to be honest it did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. I think the first days I had about maybe 2 or 3 sales a day which was not the hundreds I was hoping for but there was days I made a hundred and something and back then to me that was totally golden. I talked with my customers. I took there advice if they gave it. I read up EVERYTHING I could about website traffic. I learned basic SEO and was better able to give customers instructions based on there needs. I was able to even identify and see if this service was best for them and advice them accordingly and that alone brought me more customers.

Then I decided to try SEO not just be a walking dictionary of canned responses in my head. So I picked out LOL the most competitive keywords I could. I decided I was going to rank for these keywords or bust. One was "buy website traffic" Just to give you a feel. I tried everything under the sun and it took me damn near 6 months to even see myself in the serps for some of the keywords. I worked so hard. whenever I was not dealing with customers I was doing SEO.

In walks a infamous BH forum.
Then I find an infamous Blackhat forum. From this forum I learned the finer point of SEO. I learned about doorway pages and other blackhat practices *which probably does not work anymore lol such is the way of things* After about three month of reading and applying there for SEO practices I was able to eventually rank for the keyword "buy website traffic". I had begun to hate DP with a fierce passion and was glad that my income was steady about 100 -200 a day without even touching that forum. My site was getting around 300 visitors a day. These where buying customers. All I had to do was convert them.

So what did I do? I got tired of dealing with customers. I get an order the order would be complete and they would do a paypal refund without even talking to me. Or they would do an unauthorized charge. There started to be a ton of fraud in the orders. So I said screw it. So I sold the site on sitepoint *this was before crappy flippa*. I can not tell you I was more then a little scared of selling the site anywhere. The site was a page rank 3 and was ranking for some great keywords and was making money all the owner would have to do is process the orders. I ended up selling the site on sitepoint for a little over 9k. Not even 3 months income but I no longer had to deal with paypal chargebacks and fraud orders.

For me 9k all at once was a decent chunk of cash back then. I ended up taking some time off. I learned wordpress. I made some autoblogs. Just relaxing not really worried about too much. Did some Blackhat CPA. Made some products. Sold some ebooks. Did a little more SEO When I had contentbrute up and running I got it to rank first position of google for the word Auto Blog.

So what am I doing now? Good question.

Thus bringing you to why I made this thread.

As you all know I am the outsource arbitrage guy. So I figured I would put all my knowledge in an ebook. I gave a test market over at WF and got some decent reviews and ready to put it on clickbank. I am just waiting approval fro them right now. Now this would be my first official clickbank product in the make money niche. It is pretty competitive. This is all really new to me. This is why I created this is to record my progress when I get progress and eventually if I do something right I can look back and see what it was I did right to duplicate the process.

What else am I doing? Another good questions.

I am currently working on my site trying to get it all indexed it has about 7 million pages of semi unique content. I say semi some is dupe and some has not been on the net for about 6 or 7 years. Right now I have about 3k pages indexed and google is crawling like mad a few times my firewall on my server blocked google it was hitting it so hard.

Once again what else am I doing?

I am testing out some methods on Atomic Tweets. I see a very very big possibility for this software. This is a traffic tool. So it would be best to use it with something that will give you weight for having more views. I.E. Youtube, article directories, Squidoo, Hubpages. These places give you a little more weight for having more views. It would be like doubling what the software already does. So I am running some test on this as of right now.

What else?

I am working to make MMD a better place. It is my desire for you all to be successful but I am not here to spoon feed you. You have to want it. No one instructed me on how to make money I taught myself. I used my own head and you guys should too.

In closing

If you have any tips for clickbank or are a clicbank affiliate let me know. Have a question for me let me know. I will be happy to answer. This is not a complete time line just a general where I started type of thing I did leave out a lot of details.

Buddha

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Gotta break the silence here lol.

How in the name of god did you get 7 million pages of content(well obviously scraped, but it's still A LOT)? And what is the revenue model for that?

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Gotta break the silence here lol.

How in the name of god did you get 7 million pages of content(well obviously scraped, but it's still A LOT)? And what is the revenue model for that?
'

If I told you there would be nothing from stopping you from doing this. I know a lot of people here do not mind sharing methods and such. This is all fine and dandy. Yet this is an advance method I do not wish to give away. It is pretty much a solid whitehat. It is just content that was used at one time that is public domain that was moved on and forgotten about. Just so happens I kept this info on an old hard drive and just decided to make use of it. BTW no it was not scraped. IF it was scraped it would not be unique unless you rewrote it which would make it garbage. This is content written for the user. Not garbage at all. So I must say ErrrRRR wrong on that account keep trying this content is gone from the web and no one can get it lol. The content is from the year 2006. LONG gone from the web.

How can you not monetize it? I am talking 7 million pages of unique quality content no junk garbage or rewritten material here. A lot of pages will rank high in the serps on there own. Yet once again some things I just am not going to share.

I really hate to be like that but you have to understand this is something I have to guard or any hack can come along and try to compete with me.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Alright slight update. Today was very exciting. I just got approved with clickbank after an few minor changes. Paid the fee. Did my hop ads just have to wait and see what happens now. Got my banners made as well for the affiliates. Been a very exciting day for me. All in all today has been very productive. I know it will take some time before the work I put into outsource wealth pays off almost a year but am confident eventually it will.

federale

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Congrats Man!! That is good to hear, I always wondered how tough it was to get a product listed on ClickBank.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thanks man. It is easier then most think. I honestly think that for people really interested in making a decent income should have there own products. Would you rather make someone else money or make your own money? I prefer making my own money. My goal is wants this gets going halfway decently to create another product based on this one more of an advance product if you will. Eventually have enough products out there to make a sizable income from all this hard work I have put in to them. Even perhaps a sizable list to go with it.

Now my list goal. I also plan on building up a targeted list of buyers as well. That way it will catapult my sales faster and farther each and every time. Till eventually some day I can pull off those million dollar launches.

Mesh

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Yeah Clickbank is awesome if you have a following of people willing to sell your product. Do you have a following from a site somewhere? Or has someone picked you up as one of your affiliates to sell for you? To me at least it just seems like a waste of time because your going to have to sell your own product anyways. Make sense?

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Yes completely. I do not have a LARGE following or anything. However this does protect me to some degree. This way I do not have to worry about my paypal account being froze because of fraud orders. I am talking to some people who want to promote it not many but there is a few and I expect a few more will come in over time as well. All a big patience game. I do not have to worry about the content or info getting stale either because the info is timeless it will work just as well in 10 year as well as it will work today. So for a long term affiliate this might be a point for them. They can put up a website do some SEO and know that they can rank and pull in money every month they make sales and the info will always be good. This is a long term project.

Later when I get the affiliate tools completed I will have an optin for affiliates and be able to fast track it to some degree. Still a big work in progress but figured I would get it out there as I have been working on it way to long.
Yeah Clickbank is awesome if you have a following of people willing to sell your product. Do you have a following from a site somewhere? Or has someone picked you up as one of your affiliates to sell for you? To me at least it just seems like a waste of time because your going to have to sell your own product anyways. Make sense?

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Well tried to email a few JV guys like JVnotifypro and such with no such luck. Maybe because my name is not Johnny Andrews or something. This really bites big time. I was hoping for a JV Broker that would be able to work with me. JV notify pro looked really decent because he was after 1 percent of total sales. I would gladly have gave up 1 percent if it meant my sales would be catapulted to the next level.

So now it is time to contact the list owners see if they will be willing to Send out an email for me. Worth a shot worse case scenario they say no. Or they just do not respond because they have so many offers coming in just like mine. My next shot will be trying for the bloggers. If that fails not sure exactly what I am going to do. If anything else worse case scenario I might build a few bridges along the way.

I will keep everyone here updated along the way. So if by some chance this does turn out to be a success for me I know exactly what steps I took to create that success and perhaps stream line it for next time.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I contacted a few bloggers and see if they will write up a sponsored review. Not sure how many of those will write back but sure it will be better then some of the list owners I sent out a message to. I am giving this 110 percent and still have a lot of work to do to get this perfect. I just hope that within the year I get it perfect.

On a small note when it does and if it does end up being a big hit I already have many sites linking to me on autopilot. Coarse most are clickbank feeder sites some are Clickbank opportunity sites.

Smaller note anyone know a reliable JV broker let me know or a nice big fat list owner. either one I will be greatly thankful for.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Okay I have been a busy bee here. The affiliate tools page I made an opt-in once confirmed they will be taken to the real affiliate tools page. I done this as discussed earlier when I do other projects I just have to send them out the new info. Plus when I get more and more tools made for them it will be easier to contact them saying like hey I just put up 10 new articles in spin format for you to use as you see fit. Or whatever the case maybe. I also added an opt-in on the main page. Later i will put it on a OTO page to catch the exit traffic. I have also placed an opt-in on the download page. This is I believe the most valuable place to put an opt-in. It will create me a list of targeted buyers so next products I launch I can only assume most of them will turn into buyers next time around.

With all this in place I have already contacted someone on sprucing up the on page graphics. I.E. graphical headers and such. Adding a little pizzazz if you will. We will see how that goes. I paused some of my twitter campaigns and though it seems unlikely that anyone on twitter would ever be buyers I am directing traffic from twitter to my sales page. Maybe it is a waste of bandwidth never know as most users it appears are mobile users. Which is why it is good for traffic to places like youtube and article directories and such but not so good with clickbank. Worst case scenario it will dilute my stats. This can be a bad thing. Only time will tell. Once again this is a learning experience for me. I might hit upon an idea but who knows. That is why I am keeping this journal.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Today just got some GREAT news. This guy who has a blog who has an enormous amount of traffic would like to interview me on my product. With this blog it is almost guaranteed to bring in some money. THIS is why getting listed on Clickbank is a good idea. Coarse he does want some decent material for his blog which I do understand completely. So next couple days I am going to write the BEST damn blog post in my life on my product. This is really my chance to shine here. I know it is not going to bring in thousands of dollars overnight but it only takes a few sales to have other feeder sites picking you up. He also said he was gonna direct link to my page as well. His blog gets a lot of feeder sites which would mean an assload of backlinks. This is a very big opportunity for me.

This is what happens if you do not give up. 1 year of my life devoted to this project and I wanted to give up so many times but I did not. I will not even if I have to work for another year I refuse to give up. This will be a success no matter what. It might not be a big of a success like other programs out there but it WILL be a success in my eyes. This is my first launch and I am determined to at least get 300 buyers by the end of the year.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Small update due to my grammatically incorrect English and to better serve said blog owner what I decided to do was outsource the creation of the masterpiece. I believe he deserves the finest work and I also believe that I can not given him that work because of my incorrect grammar. I in no way shape or form want to give him some error filled post so this is what I have done to circumvent that. I am very thankful to this blog owner and in no way shape or form do I want to ruin this.

As of right now sitting at 0 sales. Though I am getting a ton of garbage traffic of my own doing via twitter most are mobile users and are not intersted in buying. This is fine with me. My alexa is dropping like a rock. It is only a matter of time before the buyers come in once the buyers come in I will start getting the affiliates. I will then stop using twitter and get some real conversion ratio's. Get some real conversion ratio then I will start split testing see what converts the best. When I find out what converts the best I will finish off on some affiliate tools and Yeah I plan on getting articles and emails and WP themes and landers and PTC/SEO keywords once again already have banners about all I have right now. Offering them the clcibank maximum on a product I can get to convert at least 3 percent will definitely attract them. As that is the high end is 3 percent 1 percent being low and right now I am not even getting the low 1 percent. Coarse like I said the traffic is junk untargeted traffic as well.

I am most certain that once i have some HARD stats the big list owners will want to do some business with me. that is all they care about is numbers. you show them the numbers they will send out anything you want long as they get paid. I guess in the end that is what it is all about getting paid. though I have yet to get paid from this venture but I do believe in the product.

Now on to other matters. My Big ol site is now setting at about 22k pages indexed. It is getting some weight on it and is already ranking for numerous first page keywords and bringing in some decent traffic. Once it hits about 10k visitors a day and if it does not at the very least get 10k visitors a day I am definitely doing something wrong. I will then have someone design an adsense hook for it. the code for the website is heavily layered to better handle large database hits so it is not something you can just put an adsense code in it like you would a blog template it is most definitely not that easy. Another hard part is the google analytics I have not yet installed the hook for that so not really sure how many visitors it is getting. I do have google webmaster tools which is where I am tracking the keywords that are bringing in the traffic.A couple words is only a scrapebox away from being on page one and most are page one and a couple are first result. So that is running pretty smooth. Once again though I am not monotizing it yet. However do not be so naive to think that I am just gonna throw up some adsense on it. WAY too much traffic for just adsense. I got a bigger plan for this bad boy. Key to money is traffic. Directing the right traffic to the right place. this is my plan right here. I have some unique ideas that is gonna get this site oozing money though it is going to take some money buying a programmer to hook it up. Think about this. you have a site ranking for a few terms in the make money industry for example. The visitor comes from google. Instead of showing him an ad show him the site itself. Like one of those intersitual ads or whatever they call them. But it would be handled by your site. Based on keywords. CPA not a problem someone comes from a serp looking for walmart. POOF here you are a walmart gift card. ;) That is not going to be my only method of monetizing but you get the picture of how powerful this can be.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Alright had some complete BS happen first namecheap "downstream" DNS provider was down or so they claim which is why my DNS on a new domain was messed up. Second I ordered an article/review on fiverr for that guys blog and it was complete bullshit. It said nothing about the ebook it looked like they just put the article in some kind of article writer with the keyword outsource wealth and spewed it out. 5.00 for a 300 word piece of shit. Talk about a rip off. Bad part is I just went ahead and approved it because to be honest I think it was probably the best the person could do. So I wrote a REAL review of the system. That went into detail about the system. I went over the 300 too 500 words but I do not think that will be a problem. I did not even get it edited so it is kinda raw and my grammar sucks. so only thing I can really do now is hope if there is some mild mistakes he will edit on my behalf. Only thing to do now is just wait and see. I should have wrote it myself in the first place. Sometimes I am so stupid. You can not short cut your business. Yes my grammar sucks but that is who I am. I know my product better then anyone. I should have done it.

So let us keep our fingers crossed on this and see what happens. I hope to know something by at least Tuesday so we will see. No reason for me to stop and take a break still working my arse off. Last night had an affiliate sign up to my auto responder. That was great news until they unsubscribed just as fast. Had me excited for a minute. Maybe they thought that affiliates got the product for free?

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Well no sooner then I wrote this it seems the article got published. This is like a big break for me. EXCITING! I think it is a very nice write up. I totally like the way this is going. This is what clickbank can do for you give you exposure. It can not however guarantee you sales but you will have even greater exposure using the system.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Maybe I spoke to soon about the article it has brought in a few visitors though not the flood of traffic I was hoping. Maybe I can just hope that it gets picked up for some decent keyword in google. Time will tell.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Okay just checked out the hop stats for this week so far. It is not pretty at all.

Looks like it is not converting.. I know not enough stats yet to really get a good grip on the situation but the problem is if it is not converting I am not really certain exactly what to do to raise the conversions or what needs to be changed.

I honestly think it might be the price. I mean they are going to the payment page not many but they are so that leaves me to believe that it is possible that the price might be to high. Or maybe they need some bonuses... Or perhaps just a last ditch page with some free info to perhaps get them to convert at a later time? Tons of things that could be the problem. I am new so looks like I am gonna start at the top and work my way down. add some bonuses. Go for the last ditch email. Then if they do not sign up to the email take em to the blog... Give them a little more push. As said there is a lot lot lot more work to be done. traffic sometimes is not everything. You got to convert that traffic. this is gonna be a real challenge to me but I know I can do it.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Today no affiliate hops what so ever. Not sure exactly how that is possible I mean yesterday like 20 today 0. Does not make any sense to me.

I wrote some articles and submitted them to ezine for some more exposure.

Talked to Kid blogger might get a sponsored review on his blog. That would bring HUGE exposure but not sure on sales. I am beginning to think there is a reason it is not converting. I just have to find out why.

moviedemands

The One n Only
Reaction score
things take time my friend.
Keep up the hard work, it will pay off.

Smeltzer

The World is Mine
Very Active Members
Reaction score
things take time my friend.
Keep up the hard work, it will pay off.
Ahh yes for that you are completely correct. I have been in speed mode so long doing something and making money from it almost immediately in some form or another it is just force of habit. If it does not make money almost immediately i seem to loose interest. Which is another reason I started this journal. To keep me active in the process.