Taking Accountabilty Of My Actions

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Hey Guys!

I have been a member of MMD for quite a while, just have not been very active on here. For some reason I went into lurker status. However, I did have good reasons. For one I had noticed that the majority of my time was spent looking for information and methods. I wasted so much time looking for ways to make money, I ended up making no money!

So one day I had an epiphany, I had to shut myself off from the forums, facebook, etc. I reworked my whole business model and guess what I did...I worked. I worked my ass off for 12 - 16 hours a day, and I started to see results. I ended up making a nice passive income with Adsense.

Well I wanted to take a new road and decided to work up a new business model with Amazon. I thought if I was to post here everyday it would give me a sense of accountability and may help some of you along the way. I will be going full disclosure and sharing everything I do.

I realize this is nothing new, but it may help others. I will be posting what I plan to do, what I actually do and any earnings once they start. I do have other projects that I am working on, but I do plan to do this daily. If you have questions, please feel free to leave them here or PM me.

Well that's about it. For those of you that remember me from a few years ago will tend to remember that some of my posts tend to get long winded. I'll try to keep things brief.

OK - here we go!

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Well I am going to start this journal right now.

I am going to be creating a niche site based on an Amazon product. Despite what people say I feel if you create good quality niche sites they rank fine.

Basically all I am going to do tonight is to look for a product/niche that looks appealing to me. It is going to have the usual criteria -

$100.00 a more price point
30 Reviews
4 Stars or better

If I find a interesting product/niche I may begin some initial keyword research. That's about it for right now. But I'll keep you posted.

Jeff

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Ok gang here we go!

I am going to do an authoritative micro niche blog. I am shooting to have 20 pages of content at the very least. I am doing all the priliminary research and writing myself. I just prefer doing it that way. If the site performs well I will outsource further content giving my previous posts as a template to the writer.

The Tools I Will Be Using

Google Keyword Tool
Traffic Travis Free Version
Amazon Best Sellers
Google Shopping
Ebay Pulse

BTW I never use any of the paid tools, for keyword research. I seem to have much better "luck" when I dig in myself.

I am looking for a primary keyword with 2,500 - 5,000 exact matches. All of my secondary keywords will be long tail as well, so I am not too concerned about match count. As long as they can provide further quality content for my visitors I will use it.

I have begun my initial research and have found a couple of plausible keywords, but I am not ready to settle just yet. It's about 2:30 A.M. and I have been working on this project for a few hours and I think it's time for a nap. I will have my primary keyword picked out tomorrow and buy the domain and begin content creation.

Jeff

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
So here we go it's 4/28/13 and 8:12 A.M.

I have finished my primary keyword research and picked my winner. It is a four word phrase that gets 4,400 exact matches and 14,400 broad matches. I was able to secure an exact match domain, which honestly surprised me. I think I can get this in the top three of google, but of course I want that number one spot.

Some of you may be thinking why did it take so long for me to pick just one keyword. Well when I first started out I would jump onto any keyword that looked good. I ended up with a bunch of failures and empty domains. When I reinvented myself I made sure to take my time and research. I would rather spend 2 days on 1 keyword that will make me a consistent passive income than 1 hour on 20 duds.

My goal for this site is 500.00 a month and I think that is doable with amazon alone. It has a lot of good products that are in a nice price range. Plus there are many side products to compliment as well. I am only going to monetize with amazon.

I will post my exact keyword here, just be patient. I'd like to get some work done on it before I sabotage myself. I am going to install my theme and plugins and get some initial content going today. Most of my day will be researching and for that I will be using niche specific blogs and forums. So I will be back latter on and let you know how things are going.

Jeff

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
OK guys last post today: 10:42 PM 4/28

I am still working on my first piece of content for my home page. I am not thinking in any terms of SEO at all. I am writing for my visitor at this point.

My page has it's theme and plugins for right now, however they may and probably will change in time. I don't worry about that. My only goal at this point is getting my initial content ready.

I will launch the site with at least 5 fresh, informative articles. My main goal is to have them shared via Facebook etc. Speaking of which I created a Facebook fan page today as well. It is a very "non marketing" approach. I am sharing pictures, stories etc no products...yet.

I hope these posts make sense, as I tend to ramble. Please if you have any questions feel free to ask. OK MMD catch ya tomorrow!

Jeff

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Ok guys sorry about the delay, had another project that needed finished yesterday and didn't have time to give you all an update.

So here is where we stand right now. I have 3 of my 5 initial articles done and should get the last two done by this evening. Why is this taking so long? I am really doing in depth research, I want this to THE site for people to come to. But I will get those done tonight and post them to my site.

From there I will add the sites to google webmaster tools, bing webmaster tools, hit up ismysiteindexed.com and use pingler and pingomatic. That should be enough for the initial push to get the site picked up.

I plan to site down over the weekend and push out a crap load of quality content so it can be drip feed to the site on a daily - semi daily basis. I will do some social bookmarking and some quality back links as well. My plan is for the social aspect of this site to drive traffic, mainly with facebook and pinterest, we'll see how that goes.

Honestly though, I am using the same formula I have done with my adsense sites. I try not to do any more than a week per site. While I believe quality is very important you have to have quantity as well.

OK I know that was rather short, but I want to get this stuff done. I do have a quick suggestion for you guys who struggle with productivity...because believe me I do.

Remember when I said I would sit and work all day, before I laid out a good plan. Well how much of that was really work? Look I know if I was actually working for someone else I probably would have been fired back then. It wasn't until I found the promodoro technique (9 Free Pomodoro Timers — Tech News and Analysis) that I started to really kick ass in the productivity department. All it is is you work against a ticking clock. Work on the task at hand for 25 minutes and then take a 5 minute break for whatever you want. It works like a charm! Just google it and use it. OK kids time to fly, talk to you all in a bit.

Jeff

Hey Guys!

I have been a member of MMD for quite a while, just have not been very active on here. For some reason I went into lurker status. However, I did have good reasons. For one I had noticed that the majority of my time was spent looking for information and methods. I wasted so much time looking for ways to make money, I ended up making no money!

So one day I had an epiphany, I had to shut myself off from the forums, facebook, etc. I reworked my whole business model and guess what I did...I worked. I worked my ass off for 12 - 16 hours a day, and I started to see results. I ended up making a nice passive income with Adsense.

Well I wanted to take a new road and decided to work up a new business model with Amazon. I thought if I was to post here everyday it would give me a sense of accountability and may help some of you along the way. I will be going full disclosure and sharing everything I do.

I realize this is nothing new, but it may help others. I will be posting what I plan to do, what I actually do and any earnings once they start. I do have other projects that I am working on, but I do plan to do this daily. If you have questions, please feel free to leave them here or PM me.

Well that's about it. For those of you that remember me from a few years ago will tend to remember that some of my posts tend to get long winded. I'll try to keep things brief.

OK - here we go!

wow thank you for sharing it. It makes me realize that I need to do it more seriously.

vilnwv

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Hey Guys,

Well I am back and I do apologize for the lack of updates. I hate saying it but I fell a little behind in this project. I just had other things that took precedence over this one. I do have all my content done. I am just going to proof read it today and post it. I have some other ideas for content that I will start writing up just to drip feed in. I will update you guys later today. :)
Jeff