The Weirdest Journal Ever...

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
It's been ages since I've been here.

It's been only 3 weeks since I've been on the top floor at Caesars Palace with D&G dress, feeling like the world is mine.
And now I have 4$ in my bank account, jobless.

I'm not a stupid girl usually, I've graduated super young and was always ambitious. For some reason I thought that it's going to be as easy to make money online as it was to get my B.Sc with highest honor.

So I started a PPV campaign, with a nice-online partner that was already doing it well. We discussed this and an idea I had for an online business that will change the online economy as it is today, everything looked so promising.
And it went well, I didn't even do much besides seeing the numbers rising and my hopes growing.
"I'll come to the US", I thought.. I have 10,000$ savings from the past year. And my day job can wait, I can always get it back.

The campaign lasted about a week. It made me 7,000$- but then the problems started.
The bank account wasn't fast enough, and then the conversion dropped. My partner slowly disappear- I was in my hotel room unable to do anything.

So I'm back to day one now. Partner-Less, Money-Less, Job-less.
I've spent my savings on that idea, the rest was paid as tax.

I do IM for almost 2 years now, never was self-employed. I wrote in my diary that I can make it.
But to be honest- I'm not so sure right now.

I aint giving up on anything, I guess I just needed to let it out. I enjoy reading this forum, you guys are all awesome. I intend to update this journal daily - Any good luck / advices are highly welcomed.

My goals? Oh yeah, a million dollars. Until Jan 12'.
Suggestions? Anyone?

Love,
Lolly Polly

Sam

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Make that 2 mil ;)
Sorry to hear about your downfall.. shit happens but life goes on & as you said - you ain't giving up on anything - so it's all good. Your just an experience richer.
Do you have any ideas at all, what you want to do & how you want to start building your way up again?

m_zec

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Dont give up and dont stop trusting people...! :)

Wish you all the best!

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Make that 2 mil ;)
Sorry to hear about your downfall.. shit happens but life goes on & as you said - you ain't giving up on anything - so it's all good. Your just an experience richer.
Do you have any ideas at all, what you want to do & how you want to start building your way up again?
Thanks Sam!
Okay, so here is the plan-

I do have some money now, so I'm starting a PPC campaign with Plenty of Fish. A friend of mine sent me an addon a while ago that can make 100 campaigns at a time. I have accounts at 2 affiliate networks right now, I'm doing a market research on a few niches I find interesting and will send the campaign with POF for approval. Let's see how that happens.
When I worked for others, most of my work regarded to SEO, but seriously- I don't know how much money I can make from there, do you think it's worth a shot? to open several blogs and paid websites for a few extra bucks?
One last thing is an idea I have for online marketing, we call it back home a "srart up" company. I've set a meeting next week with someone that might help me to get an angel investment- I'm crossing fingers.

I'm also considering getting a day job. I have a good resume, so I could get like 4-5k/month, it's not 2,000 a day like I should have had from the campaign, but it can help pay the phone bills :)

Did I miss something? How does it sound?

Sam

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Sure SEO can make money, I just hate it. But that's my personal preference. I'd stick with buying ads on PoF. From what I remember it's not that hard to get ads approved & the targeting system there is perfect for creating some laser-targeted campaigns.
There's no shame in getting a day job, so if you have the opportunity & time - definitely go for it. You could use some of that $ to fund your campaigns & besides that..you obviously need $ to live.. :p
Good luck with getting the investment! Let us know how it went!

asianpersuasian

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hey LollyPolly

From reading your story it seems you are pretty knowledgeable of PPV marketing aren't you? If so you've already found the key to success you just gotta keep twisting and turning and popping out new campaigns everyday.

Hope you get back to where you want to be and more!

J.Cleaver

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hey Lolly Polly,

IM has it's ups and downs. There IS a high tide, and low tide to it.

Here's what I do, maybe it will help you:

Yes, find a day job that you like. One that makes you feel good about yourself. I advocate working for a charity, or doing something in entertainment. (But that's what I like.) When your IM is in it's infancy, money will be tight, but with a day job, even part time, you at least know your basic living expenses are covered.

What do you do in times when you're fat with cash and your projects are earning like crazy? You take the amount you made from working at that charity, and give that all back to the charity, in one lump sum. It feels great to be able to do that, I promise you! Keep the job until you have enough in savings to live comfortably for 6 months, to a year. You'll be all set, and have a grateful charity that thinks you're amazing.

CertifiedExpert

Reaction score
Super awesome Journal.

Feeling bad to read about your past.

but thats life go ahead. stand up again, And Kick it up with new confidence.

It seems you are very good in PPV, thats great. people are making hell of money from there.

which PPV company you are gonna use? Traffic Vance, Media Traffic,Adon Network or any other ?

Start with test and scale it on big level.

And yea on your other question of SEO , i think seo is soul of internet marketing, I love to be in seo, it does have lots of money.

Really an awesome Journal.... will see you success, kindly update us time to time.

Good Luck for your Journal :)

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys! You have no idea how much I needed that attention right now :)

You're right. I'll collect the pieces and get a day job back. I'll start it part time for the first month and we will see from there. :)

About the PPV, I might do have the right knowledge, but do you know the feeling of a insecure? that's what I have now. The projects so far was with a partner I worked with, and I'm afraid that I just can't do it alone. I will start in small amounts to test the campaigns and I guess I'll gain my self esteem back once something works.
CertifiedExpert- I'm about to use POF for that, unless of course you recommend some of the following and then I'll give it a try too.

I'm also trying to make things right with my so called x-partner, I really hope that it works ( I liked that kido..) , even a low-volume project with him can be awesome- of course I'll keep you posted about that ;-)

J.Cleaver- you had a very interesting approach.. I never thought of saving for staying-at-home... Except for donating that is a high-value at home, I am a spender. When I have the money, I have no problem to spend 400$ or even 1000$ on shoes, I always like when there's money around. I don't think that I can stand that fact of not having new money made, so I don't think that I could sit at home if I knew that I don't have a money stream. I think I rather going back to working 18hrs / day ;-)

Anyway, no matter what happens, I guess I just need to get over it. After non-stop crying and eating week I've decided to collect the pieces and get back on track. People lose money all the time, right? I shouldn't be too sad about it

Love,

Polly

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
2nd Day

Things look better now.

I've managed to step up from the depression I was in the past week. I even didn't eat much yesterday!
My options are narrowed to 4 now;
- Self Campaigns
- Day job
- Making up with my old partner
- Start-up idea that I have

Since it's weekend here, I didn't do much about the day job. But here is what I did do:

1) I've started working with the POF, with another partner we will work on several offers to promote. I'm using one of their addon that can make 100 campaigns in no-time.
I want to start with 5 offers, invest 10$ in each and see how it goes. My goal is to get 20 small-offers by the end of the week. It does consume a lot of time but I'm ready for it.
2) I've Emailed my ex-partner several times, no reply yet. I've noticed that a website that we made together is now having ads in it, the website does have some traffic in, so I've asked about it but he avoided from answering. Should I ask him again?
3) Regarding to the start-up; I've bought 2 .com and .net domains of the name that I want for it + a year of hosting. I already have [email protected] with redirect to my current Email, which means I can make professional business cards for my meetings (cost 40$ for 1000 tickets, it's a great price no?).
4) While writing this post, I'm scheduling a meeting regarding to the start-up for next week. Monday it is :)

I do have some concerns in my mind.
I've made some calls yesterday. My previous work-place still wants to hire me, which is awesome. I'm just not sure if to ask to work there part time of full time. I'm short in cash now, and if I stick to 9hrs/day it still leaves me about 2hrs to invest daily in my own projects. My mom says part-time is enough, but just holding my car is about 1k/month- so I could use the extra income.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Lolly

sachworks

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hi LollyPolly

Its sad to see what kinda fall u made. But it's very good you just stand up and keep fighting :). This is really working motivational on me and I hope on others too ! Keep the rebuilding up, you'll get back or even better than before.

greets

evanc123

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Things look better now.

I've managed to step up from the depression I was in the past week. I even didn't eat much yesterday!
My options are narrowed to 4 now;
- Self Campaigns
- Day job
- Making up with my old partner
- Start-up idea that I have

Since it's weekend here, I didn't do much about the day job. But here is what I did do:

1) I've started working with the POF, with another partner we will work on several offers to promote. I'm using one of their addon that can make 100 campaigns in no-time.
I want to start with 5 offers, invest 10$ in each and see how it goes. My goal is to get 20 small-offers by the end of the week. It does consume a lot of time but I'm ready for it.
2) I've Emailed my ex-partner several times, no reply yet. I've noticed that a website that we made together is now having ads in it, the website does have some traffic in, so I've asked about it but he avoided from answering. Should I ask him again?
3) Regarding to the start-up; I've bought 2 .com and .net domains of the name that I want for it + a year of hosting. I already have [email protected] with redirect to my current Email, which means I can make professional business cards for my meetings (cost 40$ for 1000 tickets, it's a great price no?).
4) While writing this post, I'm scheduling a meeting regarding to the start-up for next week. Monday it is :)

I do have some concerns in my mind.
I've made some calls yesterday. My previous work-place still wants to hire me, which is awesome. I'm just not sure if to ask to work there part time of full time. I'm short in cash now, and if I stick to 9hrs/day it still leaves me about 2hrs to invest daily in my own projects. My mom says part-time is enough, but just holding my car is about 1k/month- so I could use the extra income.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Lolly

hit me up on aim or skype, i can give you aew pointers on pof advertising, and fb ppc let me know

bG90

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hey I would definitely get a job in your shoes, to financially support your creative ideas. Get your first paycheck and drop like $1000 on a traffic source/sources. (you get access to the big banner ads at pof for depositing $1k+) Try few things and if it works out great, if not, you got your next paycheck to back you up and do it again.

Full time vs parttime? Can't decide for you but its up to how much you want to hustle. I worked full time over the summer and did IM in the evening/night. Safe to say that I barely got any sleep all week.

From personal experience I also blew a lot of money on stuff like clothes when I first made IM money and ended up with nothing. But the next time we always learn. I myself got a lot of money in the bank right now but still feel broke and that I gotta keep working to make more money and demolish the competition and enter new markets. Can't maintain gotta keep ballin. Good luck :D

jacobus

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're in a better frame of mind now. Setbacks can be hard to take, but as they say "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"! Good luck with your new plan.

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Day 3 (Or: She's got no money in the bank)

Ok Guys,

First of all- THANK YOU. Seriously, there's nothing better than seeing lots of morning-responses (Well, to be honest, I can think of 1-2 better things but it's not the main issue today).

With every day that passes, I feel a little better. From feeling like I have no reason to make an effort anymore to dancing in front of the mirror, it's kind of a good improvement. So I won't get my alfa romeo spider anytime soon, so what?

Here are the updates of my 4 projects.

1) Day Job: After a lot of thinking, I'll get the full-time job. I can use the money now and I think that I can manage 1-2 hrs/day + weekends working on the IM. I'm calling my boss later today and asking when can I start, it might even be this week.

2) IM; I've started the POF campaign last night. Huge failure, I've lost 25$.
But I did learn a few things. First, I think that the max bid of .40$ for 1000 impressions was too high. If my better ads made 4 clicks for 1000 impressions, I think I can lower that to .20$ , at least for the next test.
I was advertising another dating site that pays 1.35$ for each free sign-up, it feels kinda low- Do you think I can get something better?

3) Start Up Idea: I've met yesterday night with the guy that I thought I'll meet on Monday. I showed him my business plan and the main idea- He liked it! Since it's kinda big project. I need lots and lots of funding (A million dollar investment as the seed money, and that's only until the first mile stone. Then we have to make round A + B + ... for future investments). I really believe in that idea, but I think that I need someone with a little more experience in that field. I hope that the guy I met with will take a part in that project, or at least hitch me with someone that wants. If I make it- it's a billions of dollars thing (I promise that when it happens- each one of the people that commented in that post will get 50,000$ :))

4) No news from my ex-partner, for some reason he's mad. I talked to his father yesterday, since that is really bothering me. I've invested so much in him, traveled half the world just to meet him, trusted him all the way. He was a good friend (and for those of you who wonder- yes, he was just a friend.. So it's not a guy-dumps-girl thing, we were 100% friends/business partners)
His father said he'll tell him I called, I also sent him an Email. No response yet. I really hope it will change.

That's it for today, and thanks again for all of the comments and advices. Evan- I've added you to my AIM list, see you there.

I'm improving my campaign with POF today, I'll put there 10-25$ more, and hopfuly I'll start seeing results.
And of course- if you have any other suggestions to projects that might work- I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

Great Day,
Lolly

sachworks

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hi
Lolly
As for the for the free dating signups, 1,35 per signup is kinda low normally they pay $3 + so jus look for some other dating aff. There are enough good ones mentionned on this board if u didn't know.
I hope you get your business idea worked out :). It looks big but with your dedication you'll work it out. Hopefully you'll find some business angels to invest in your plans.
Hopefully things 'll get back with your former business partner. If not, i'd suggest you move on as he's completely for business not for social matters. Because this will hold your progress up. But if you can work things out, no problem at all :). If not, move on.

greets and much succes wished

CertifiedExpert

Reaction score
Hey Lolly,

$1.35 its not low, its lowest. I promoted lots of dating offers. and most of time minimum payout is around $3 for every free dating offer. you should look around and find other free offers.

Try offer vault to find high payout offers. An adult dating offer can pay you around $4.85 to $7. you just need to find correct one, So in selection of offer you selected wrong one.

Find other offer. Good Luck.

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, that was a huge help, any chance you can give me some examples for higher payouts for dating sites?

P.S
Any other offer that seems legitimate for advertising in POF can be nice too :)

bG90

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
i would start with international, like CA UK AU etc its less saturated

and don't be afraid to bid high, that's where the quality clicks comes in
you would be rockin if u can get a .4 ctr so talk to your affiliate manager (if they don't suck) for some good offers for your country/demo

INSANITY

Make Money Online
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
I just want to start by saying great thread!
Even though its shity to read about the bad things that you have gone through, it will only fuel your fire ti succeed!
Every great marketers have there low points, but its how you bounce back that makes you great.
From what I have read you already have several good plans in the works to take you back to the top.
Now all you have to do is stick with them and work them through.
After having the conversation with you that I did today, I know you will achieve your goals in no time!

Yes that payout is low, yes you can find much better!
As bG90 said, contact your AM (If they don't suck) and get a few suggestion.
In my opinion, I think your Am will defiantly help you out. If he don't let me know and I'll take care of him! LOL

Anyways, good luck, keep your head up and don't let your goals get to far out of site.