The Weirdest Journal Ever...

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Day 5 (Or: little funding)

Hola,

It's the 5th day already? Wow, how time flies. Fortunately, I have some exciting news.

First, after checking things with my bank account, I've decided that I can invest 1,000 until Jan 10 (it's my paycheck day). But it also means I'm going to skip a leather jacket I wanted.

To your suggestion, I have checked other dating offers, and joined another affiliate network. Surprisingly, they approved my application in no time, and I had a great conversation with my AM (Don't worry @insanity, he's 120% awesome! ) that gave me a few good thoughts. I've found a very-nice 5$ dating offer, which means that with the better ads from POF and a reasonable conversion of over 1:100 - it can be profitable!
I'm going to test that today, as well as Facebook campaign. The traffic does cost a little more there, but it's worth a shot, or at least 50$, right?
I think that once I stick to 1-2 good small-payout offers, I'll have the courage to go again for the better payouts offers. If I could make 2k/day from OK-payout-offers, I can definitely make that from great offers. So I'm going to do what ever I can to make it worth. I have my eyes on the money right now!

Plus, the last days were good. I'm starting the day job this week, I already know my terms (which are pretty good at the moment- much better than sitting at home and playing my iPhone)- so I can relax a little, everything isn't that bad.
Today I'm seeing the person that might help me with the start-up idea I have. I know I can't do this alone, I don't know much about pre-seed money and business plans, so a professional-experienced partner sounds like a good step I can take.

And finally, I'm going to get a bit emotional now.
I really have to thank you guys. Sam, Insanity, even my partner that I've collected from MMD, and all of the responders here. I think that one of the most important things a person should have is a motivation, and you helped me there a lot. The journal it self also helps me to work for my goals... And achieve those!

I do feel like I can make this.
Lolly

British_Lion

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I enjoy reading your journal as you have an interesting story to it. I hope you do really well, and well done on skipping on the coat... you might not have it now, but once you've made a load of money you can buy as many as you want! :p

bG90

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
i enjoy the comic sans font and use of pastel colors for emphasis lmao

British_Lion

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
i enjoy the comic sans font and use of pastel colors for emphasis lmao
Some of the colours are playing tricks on my eyes... the very light blue I have to stare at, sometimes it looks white lol.

dbear

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hi LollyPolly,

Nice to hear that you have regained the trust and confidence to yourself. Just remember that whatever happens somebody out there will always be there to help you. Hope you succeed in whatever your plans now and in the future. :)

emusketeer

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hi Lolly Polly,

Read your OP, and then your progress! Cool. Reminds me of myself similar offline. It was 2 years back when my partner left me when everything seemed going rock solid and there is this sudden vacuum of depression which questioned my own abilities. To my surprise when I noticed that there many doors open, I just dint see. Its also true that when you LOSE or fail, that zeal you get to WIN next time at any cost, its POWERFUL!

I too have ideas that I'm sure will rock once implemented but need investment. Dont know whom to contact for such crazy amounts. I'm too young for that! but will definitely make it, BIG!!

Looking forward for your next post :p very informative, interesting and entertaining.

I wholeheartedly wish you reach great heights :)

Best,

E

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thanks E,

I really need all of the motivation I can get, lol.
But surprisingly, even though I never thought I can make this myself, I see that there IS a potential for me on the IM.
Of course, I'll update every time I have a progress with my projects.

I can't wait already for my "success" posts ;-)

Thanks!
Lolly

supercharge

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
keep working hard with money maker discussion

Hey Polly

What is weird about this journal, seems pretty normal in the IM world to us :)

What is not weird is the fact that you are super hot and just look how many replies you have had, imagine if that was a FBSC exercise, with your CPA lander built in, you would have a big bank again from the signups, I would put my pix in our avatar here, but the guys would just laugh at me (plus the 2 guys in our den would rib me rotten!) for doing so!

Anyhows, do not think that you have made mistakes, just think of it as an experience, one of the guys posted a thread here a while back, about MMD being one big company and all the members (not lerkers!) are the employees, so just keep reading, asking and thread flirting(a little now and then will not hurt!) and you will soon be running again with "your staff's" help :redface:

Looking forward to reading your journal, when you get it big again!

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
@SuperCharge- you're awesome!

Thanks for the support. Just like I keep saying- I need those support-responses! you have no idea how much :D

----
And now, I believe it's time for updates!
----

Day 6, or: Little miss sunshine.

"I think IM can actually make money", I thought yesterday. I had a pretty good reason to believe that.
I have to admit that the credit will go to my partner on this one. One of his ads on Facebook made 500% ROI- that's amazing.
But, we won't lose are mind this time. I'm still investing (like @Sam calls it, instead of: losing) money testing more ads, more offers, more advertisers. I think it's better to see all of the possibilities you have in front of you. I can never know when it gets handy.
I'm still going for the 1,000$ investment. It already gave me 25$ / 2 back - which makes me feel 25000 times more comfortable.

Yesterday I went to a small affiliate meeting, it's called 'Affiligang". A friend of mine made me come in order to "mingle" with other people from the industry. "Who knows", he said, "You might meet your investor today".
It didn't happen of course, but I did get a few business card. I don't see how they'll serve my goals now, but again- I'm leaving my options wide opened.

(You: Aren't you suppose to start your day job this week??)

Humm, that's a good question. In fact, I'm not.
I did get the job, but I'll start it only in Jan. But here are the good news- I'm going to get a salary this month too, I still didn't understand why (not that I have any problem with that ;-) )

Love,
Lolly!

ncharanv

Make Money Online
Reaction score
gotta keep truckin... workin hard.. this can be frustrating but i get inspired when i see guys killing it

INSANITY

Make Money Online
SUPER MODERATOR
Reaction score
I had a great conversation with my AM (Don't worry @insanity, he's 120% awesome! ) that gave me a few good thoughts

finally, I'm going to get a bit emotional now.

I really have to thank you Insanit. I think that one of the most important things a person should have is a motivation, and you helped me there a lot. The journal it self also helps me to work for my goals... And achieve those!

I do feel like I can make this.
Lolly

[/COLOR]
Well I am very glad I can help you on all fronts!
Just remember you can come to me anytime for anything and I will always do everything in my power to help!
Good luck and keep kicking ass and taking names!

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Day 7, or: Nicole Is Online and Waiting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been 7 days already? I really need to start pushing things up faster.
Since I have time until the beginning of Jan, I have more time to read and brain storm about the projects I want to make.

So far, I'm investing 25$/day to find good Facebook ads, out of 10 ads * 10 different picture, one has a good CTR of more than ~0.2%. So far me and my partner have 2 good ads. I'm aiming to make it 20
Good news are- I'm not loosing that much. Since 1-2 ads out of every tens I upload are profitable, it leaves me with only 10$ losses, which is a good price for a lesson and some self-confidence.

My dad is actually offering me to "invest" in the business. He have seen the payments I've got couple of months ago (one of them was 18,000$- although most of it wasn't pure profit) and he thinks I can make it back. I've turned it down for now, because I don't think I would be able to sleep at night when "playing" with someone else money. I know he's trying to help, but I still don't have enough trust in myself that I'll make it all alone.

I do want to start testing more offers, see how the conversion there is changing. Once I set things with my AM on AdvertMarketing, I'm going to test a great-looking offer there than can even increase the bid I give on Facebook. Crossing fingers for that one.

That's about it for today. I'm also going to test some adwords today. I have a 75$ free coupon so I'm going to go wild with it ;-) Maybe even the biggest SE has things to offer me.

Love,
Lolly

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Day 10, or: Things are going on
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it was Christmas lately, clearly not to much activity on the website or on the web at all.
I had time to do my homework, and test more stuff I had in mind.

I was right! .2% CTR isn't the best I can make- I have an ad that already makes .4% click through, isn't that amazing?
After I have 2 very-good ads, and 3 more that are profitable, the schedule is to open another campaign, and give a different budget for each- maintain with my 25$/day for the untested ads, and much higher on the ads that proved themselves.
Since I don't want to be to thrilled, I'm going to start only with 50$ today, if it goes well raise it for 100$ tomorrow and so on. I know that a good campaign will only last me 2-3 weeks, and still I don't want to hurry up too much on the first profitable campaign.

A thing that I didn't do yet was to test more dating offers.
Don't worry- I'm going to do this right away.

I was actually kinda unsure about Christmas conversion, but the results surprised me. People still facebook when they're suppose to be with their families :) I wonder if the CTR will go even higher after the holidays!!!

One last thing, a little bit TV-inspired, I have some unbelievable things going on with my previous partner.
Since I don't want to get to thrilled about it now- I won't mention much. But be sure you'll hear about it in my next posts!

Merry Christmas Guys!
Lolly

klix

Make Money Online
Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but you will have to go into your "Big Project" alone. When you're playing with potential billions of dollars in profit (If you got the math right :p) your partner will <strike>almost always</strike> always try to stab you in the back.

Even with projects that are not so big (Like the one that got you in Las Vegas), people will try to cheat you out of your money, no matter how nice they seem to be.

You need to be able to do it alone (Alone as is no contracted "You take 50 I take 50" business partners, you can obviosly hire workers).
Almost all of the time, you can borrow money from the bank and hire workers to do whatever your JV would have been doing, except they are paid a wage instead of 50% of a billion dollars.

Good luck, but don't change the internet economy so it negatively affects IMers... or we'll find you...

s168

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hi LollyPolly,

Just started reading this thread last night... wow, what can I say? Well done you for getting back on your feet and coming back stronger and wiser. I wish you every success. Business and IM can be a lonely and also a dirty business in some areas, and sooner or later the good guys get tripped up or beaten down. It has happened to countless others before you and will continue to happen in the future to all those who dare try. But like Rocky Balboa said in the movie:

"It's not hard hard you can hit. It's how hard you can GET hit and keep going forward!"

The hallmark of winners.

All the best to you and everyone here on MMD. What a great place this is!

s168

evanc123

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
hows it going for you now? havent heard from you on aim??

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well- interesting few last days.

I wasn't around too much lately, I was even about to lose my hope.

A campaign that was doing well was taken to a higher volume and I invested 100$ in ads per day in it about 3 days ago.
It lost 20$.

It wasn't that bad, I know, but the fact that a campaign that should have been profitable didn't do so - didn't give me the best feel in the world. :thumpdown:
Those bad energies continued when I tested another offer from a new network I signed-up to. About 150 clicks and not a single conversion.
I was mostly frustrated because I knew I had a good campaign with Facebook, 0.4% CTR and not a bad CPC, and still couldn't find THE offer that will make the money. And the worst part- it's been 2 weeks already, and I have no progress at all. I only lost like 50-80$.

But here's the twist- A surprise came from unexpected source last night. A campaign my partner and I made for another dating website converted pretty well and left us with about 8cents profit for each click. The sky are the limit huh?
I'm not going to be extra excited, I'm still taking it slow, even though it's been 2 weeks already since I've started the whole idea. I'm not going to invest more than a few tens of dollars a day in the next couple of days- but if it proves itself- I'm going to raise the volume..
Let's see how it goes!

I need your "Good Luck" wishes!

P.S- Even, I added you on AIM, and I'm available most of the day :) You can send me a message whenever you're online.

Yours,
Lolly

s168

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Keep going Lolly. And keep trying new offers, especially from the smaller affiliate networks. I find that when I am promoting something big, there is too much competition a lot of the time so the bid rates for CPC and CPM are high to the point it's difficult to make a profit. On FB, I promote non well known brands/sites now and find I get better clickthroughs (at least initially) with that method.

Give it a go and see how it works for you!

LollyPolly

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I hear ya, I wish it was that simple.
And to be honest- I can't even update much. Just like everyone else, I guess I've started a journal that seemed promising and ended up hopeless.
I just feel like I don't have anymore power to go on, that I'm simply not good enough for it. I've burned so much money over FB campaigns and POF, I have 40 hundreds on a blocked account in ewa ( and I don't even now why it's blocked), still couldn't find a good ration between epc and cpc.. I just feel like one big failure.

I know that most IMers quit fast and I hate being one too- but now I don't think I can see myself making it. I don't wanna see anymore money wasted on things that won't work for me... I guess I wanna pay my bills quietly now and move on.. Just accept the fact that I was screwed by my ex-partner and can't make it alone..

And with all of the tiers in my eyes I really don't have many choices, cause it's gotten personal. Just because Ive seen how much I could make but didn't, it's just so much harder to wake up at morning and not hate myself for being such an idiot..

I guess it's the last post then in that journal.. going back to reality.. :-/

and of course- good luck for those who continue.. crossing fingers for you all.. :)

<3
Lolly

s168

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Sad to read that post Lolly.

One of the things I've found with IM in general is that it takes way longer that most people claim that it would take, and it also costs a lot more than we expect when starting off. The key to it, like anything else, is to take measured calculated risks and not get too greedy. Too many people I've seen get too greedy or too ambitious and they end up losing more money than they would imagine, and it's simply because they had too high an expectation of what can be achieved. Sure, you can make it in IM and technically almost ANYONE can, but in reality few really do because it is NOT EASY contrary to what is touted by the 'gurus'.

If you want to quit IM, then it's up to you. But getting a job and doing the 9-5 for years and years isn't the way forward IMO. You'll be itching to get out and set your own path sooner or later...

Good luck to you anyway!