Two Very Important SEO Tips You May Be Missing

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I'll try and keep this short and sweet because it's very important and I want you to read it.

Link Diversity:

In a nut shell live diversity simply means you want to "spread out" all of your links. That is both onpage and offpage - and it also includes which anchor text you use. Furthermore, it includes nofollow links as well.

Getting links from authority sites is nice, however, if all of your links come from say .EDU blogs then your not diversifying your links. Instead of falling into this trap with thousands of blog comments or profile links you should spread out your links more so you can build less of them.

Offpage link diversity:

This is quite simple. Construct a backlinking strategy which includes as many forms of linkbuilding as you know. Divide everything beforehand into random chunks - say 3% articles, 11% blog commenting - and so on. Then divide up your anchor text - make your main keyword (for small sites) the anchor text most of the time - maybe 70% or so. Then divide the other keywords. Same thing with your homepage (again, for small sites) link to the homepage about 70% of the time and the rest of the time link to internal pages.

Onpage link diversity:

Again, quite simple. Link to authority sites at least one time on your own site. Use your primary keyword as the anchor text. If you link out to another authority site, use a secondary keyword. When linking to your own site make sure you use the main keyword about 40-50% of the time and secondary keywords the rest of the time.

Link Velocity:

When combined properly with link diversity you can create a powerful backlinking strategy that will literally shoot your site up through the rankings. Link velocity is a key part of this strategy and its dead simple to implement.

You want to build your links at a consistent rate - and start very small at first. Try building say 5 links a day for the first few weeks (again this is for small sites!). After week 2 start to build 8 links a day. After week 4 start to build 16 links a day. After week 6 start to build 35 links a day.

By the end of 8 weeks you will have build 896 links - maybe 300-400 of which stuck and counted. Assuming you are not going after a tough keyword you should be on the first page or very close.

Other Tips:

Stay relevant when you can. Obviously you can't make every link relevant. But try your best to keep most of your links relevant.

Get nofollow links - you don't need many just get them because they will help diversify your links. If you want to get them from an authority site then get them off .EDU blogs.

Get low PR links - don't just go after the big guns.

Make sure your onpage SEO is mint. This is key to making a strong push up the SERPS.

Plan to be random. The more random the better. I know I said 5 links a day earlier - but what I meant was maybe get 4 one day and 6 the next. Then 5. And so on.

fop_archer

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Now why does this sounds familiar to me. Something in me tells that I have read it somewhere. Care to give the credits.:cool:

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Now why does this sounds familiar to me. Something in me tells that I have read it somewhere. Care to give the credits.:cool:
I just wrote that off the top of my head. However, it may sound familiar because it's an important topic that has probably been discussed before.

jazzbucks

Make Money Online
Reaction score
You're the man fade!

Brilliant SEO tips. Simple but super effective stuff.

anywayIcan

Make Money Online
Reaction score
yeah . . top grade stuff dude . . sounds like the great Google whiz of old

If you want a project I have one in mind I need top seo for :)

thomnel53

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Warning!!! Dumb noob question coming!!! If i make a comment on a blog does that count as a backlink if i put my link in the sig? Also should the link be my keyword in that situation?

federale

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Warning!!! Dumb noob question coming!!! If i make a comment on a blog does that count as a backlink if i put my link in the sig? Also should the link be my keyword in that situation?
Yes if it gets approved and posted on the page then it is a backlink. There are also factors on whether it is a dofollow or nofollow link based on the settings of the blog owner( this supposedly is a major factor with how it counts towards "link juice" or just how much value google gives to that link). Ideally you would use a keyword with your link, this is considered anchor text. No dumb questions there is tons to learn. let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. I am no "GURU" but could point you in the right direction.

Julijancoler

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
1. Yes, it counts as a backlink.
2. The link should have your keyword as your anchor text yes. Try to vary the anchor texts.

federale

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
o.k. what is follow/no follow?

It is a setting that the blog administrator can set. It tells google not to send any value or link juice along with this link if it is nofollow. There is debate on whether google still gives some kind of recognition. I think that they do.

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Get the firefox add "nodofollow"

bG90

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I think this article is a bit too much on the safe side. I don't think google will penalize you if you start building 100+ links a day to a new site and it is more powerful. You just have to make sure to keep up link velocity. Don't send 500 links week 1 and then stop for a month and send another 1k links. Send 500 links week 1, more week 2, more week 3, and then just keep it constant or more. Now you have a chance at ranking at competitive keywords.

thomnel53

Make Money Online
Reaction score
so in the firefox ad on the pink are follow and the grey are no follow?

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I think this article is a bit too much on the safe side. I don't think google will penalize you if you start building 100+ links a day to a new site and it is more powerful. You just have to make sure to keep up link velocity. Don't send 500 links week 1 and then stop for a month and send another 1k links. Send 500 links week 1, more week 2, more week 3, and then just keep it constant or more. Now you have a chance at ranking at competitive keywords.
Yes as long as you keep up link velocity you can build more links than I said. Theoretically you can build as many as you want as long as you don't get slapped.