U.K. scientist: robots deserve rights

sharathmum

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Apparently Sir David King, the U.K. government's chief scientist, has been reading too much Philip K. Dick. He seems to think that within 50 years we'll need to give rights to robots, as they'll be sentient enough to need to follow laws and even pay taxes. Predicting that eventually robots will need to be given rights so they'll obey the law and pay their taxes, he seems to hold our robotic friends in pretty high regard.

"Not to quibble with you Sir Dave, but as far as I can see robots are still pretty unimpressive when it comes to their sentience. Sure, people can make mannequins that talk, but we're really far from having anything even close to a sentient robot. I guess eventually this sort of thing will come into play, but it seems like anyone who expects robots to start protesting and paying taxes in their lifetimes have spent a little too much time living in a rich and detailed fantasy world." ? Adam Frucci

Source: SciFiTech

Mad scientist creates robot version of himself

Tomo_chan

Make Money Online
Reaction score
i do not really think they deserve rights. i mean like i robot, you dont know what the robot could do to you afterwards as in they get too powerful because humans modifying of the product, the chip might work as powerful as a brain. And when that happens, we're gonna die :cry:

whats so good about robot now LOL :adore:

scottology

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
personally i dont see how this could ever happen. there is no way a robot could ever actually be selfaware, everything they know they have to be taught i.e. have it programmed into them, which means they are not actually free thinking. in my opinion nothing like that will ever happen and robots paying taxes is just stupid, somebody will own them, its not like they are going to be mass manufacturing themselves to ensure their survival

NsAnE

Make Money Online
Reaction score
personally i dont see how this could ever happen. there is no way a robot could ever actually be selfaware, everything they know they have to be taught i.e. have it programmed into them, which means they are not actually free thinking. in my opinion nothing like that will ever happen and robots paying taxes is just stupid, somebody will own them, its not like they are going to be mass manufacturing themselves to ensure their survival
[/b]
never say never with what can happen. with technology and science getting more advanced every minute, anything can happen. the human brain also has to be programmed and recorded into memory, though it is more advanced than current technology. eventually, true artificial intelligence can and will exist. what is free will? do humans have free will? this is questionable. if humans can have free will, then it entirely plausible for us to create other things with free will.

scottology

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
i just cant ever see it happening really, of we come across an entirely different situation that we have no knowledge of what so ever then we can try and figure out what to do. could a robot ever do this, im not too sure, like when they say they can learn they aint really learning lol hmmmm i dont like this topic no more its making me think too much haha

YuzukiEchizen

Make Money Online
Reaction score
No 1 will blame u with dreaming he3.

I believe sometime in the future,scientist could create a robot which looks exactly like human or animals.

Maybe Japan and America have a great deal with this matter.Up to now,Japan has created so many robots with different kinds of function.N America has a high tech.

Well,we just wait for the Future to lnow about that ^^