Using a GENIUS method and the long journey ahead!

..Oscar..

Make Money Online
Basically I make a site rank it up for the keyword xxxxxx dentist or dentist in xxxxxxx. Approach dentists and sell them placement on my site for that region!

This my idea, but ive modified a bit (this is my write up)

Although this may seem straight forward, there a few extra obstacles for me to overcome.

I'm 16
I don't have a car
No contacts
No CAPITAL (don't worry I'm not asking for any)

But hey that's not that bad. At least my parents are supportive, infact very supportive.

So here's what I plan to do!

Register as a fully legal business, I really want to do it legitimately (tax is only 30%).

Scrape some start up capital. Will need about $300.

Buy a domain, It will be on this domain that I will promote my services, show dentists traffic stats ect.

Build a custom, hopefully high converting template in photoshop and dreamweaver.

Use adwords campaigns to determine what kind of traffic I could expect from my chosen keywords.

Buy 5 keyword optimized domains orientated close to my area. (I like to do business in person)

Build an attractive and functional template that I can use for my dental promotional pages.

Customize, fill with FRESH content and then on page optimize all sites.

Build some high quality back links with scrape box, targeting .edu's and high page ranks, while using beneficial

anchor text.

Wait.... Then determine rank and apply more back links if needed. Although competition is Insanely weak.

When sites are obtaining good exposure, I will begin to approach dentists.

I hope to use either communicate by phone on face to face, I feel as this will build confidence in the potential

client.

Trust me I plan to make this an extremely appealing option for them and hopefully from my sales page and my

"business skills" I will manage to entice some of them.

I plan to charge 500 a month NZD (350 USD) and offer them exclusive exposure rights.

Here's where my plan differs slightly...

I will offer them a 15 day "free trial" so they can evaluate my services. Im sure they will see a boost in

business! This will also bring in a lot more potential clients.

I will then set up a monthly invoice.

From what money the government lets me keep I will upscale and out source this thing.

Business studies teacher says I was useless... Ill show that bitch when I'm earning more than she does.

Any criticisms or problem as well and tips and tweaks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again guys

soma56

Make Money Online
Wow, only 16? Good for you! The only suggestion I have is referring to your Business Studies Teacher in a more professional manner.

therock

Make Money Online
I think you have a solid idea here. I'm trying to make something similar work.

I suspect you may run into some of the same challenges that I have:
-KEYWORD Dentist and Dentist KEYWORD both get INSANELY low organic traffic - at least in my typical U.S. city/region. Here we find dentists through our insurance plan via printed directories and online searches on the insurance site. I have never heard of anyone shopping for a dentist online. (You'd have to then head on over to the insurance website to verify coverage). Maybe you have nationalized medicine and it's different?

I believe the one exception is probably high-end cosmetic dentistry. These folks pay out of pocket anyway.

Low traffic volume shouldn't stop you. But you may have to do things differently. Dentists (and anybody) will still buy - even if just for vanity reasons. But the price is going to suffer. That's no big deal, actually. Your costs are going to be about $0 and you are just starting out. You strategy here could be to create / rank 10+ sites. If you completely own Google's 1st page your story will be stronger. Plus, you may be surprised at how well these Dentist(s) sites already rank - due to low competition. Also, advertising options for small businesses are plentiful - and mostly a complete waste of money. So that's a challenge. In my area, near Los Angeles, I think you could sell something like this but no real increase in sales would occur. That's no biggie except clients will bail so you risk become a salesperson first, seo guy second. In light of that, you may opt to rank and then sell off these sites.

I would recommend forgoing the custom website and just use a free / low cost piece of crap. You can upgrade later. You may never have to.

I would absolutely forget out becoming a legal business - unless that's an obstacle to making money. In the U.S., anyone can operate as a sole
proprietor. You can call yourself a business, pay taxes, whatever. That's free. If you want to use / get paid in the name of your 'company' you
need to file a DBA - which is just $20. (This may be exactly what you are planning to do. Here a lot of people waste effort/money taking it
further).

Small business folks have a very difficult time tracking leads. So unless you can deliver a Tsunami of leads you should expect them not to notice. 15-day trial is cool but I would try to manage expectations - heavy.

I'm afraid your age is going to be serious obstacle to selling this. But who know? You sound like a cool guy. You might kind of delight these guys and sell well. By all means, give it a go. But it's likely you will have to sell your service to an office manager - not the dentist. In that case, don't feel bad if you get turned down flat. These folks can't afford 'delighted' experimentation b/c they risk getting their ass kicked for paying to advertise on the website of local 16-year-old. Again, no biggie. I bet you will be extremely surprised how well your father can close these deals for you (assuming he is willing). You can do all the work, get the sales appointment ... tell them the owner of the business will be the person attending. Give your dad a 20-minute prep course and send him on his way. The less he knows about your service the better he will be able to close.

Try to get paid with a Paypal Subscription.

Don't wait to get start selling. While you are building / ranking your own sites, begin approaching clients to presell. Tell them what you are doing. Try to get them excited - and assure them you are not asking for the sale. You just want to fill them in. Figure out who in the office has the authority to give you the 'green light'. Stay in touch with that person by email. This will dramatically improve your sales and retention rates.

Also, once you build a relationship sell seo.

Kick some butt and move fast past Dentists and on too stuff people actually WANT: plastic surgery, DUI attorney, locksmith.

I hope that helps!

TheRock

andee

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Your business studies teacher does not know her ass from her elbow..... you should see some on the management classes I took at university, most of these people are career academics with no real world experience.

But anyway I have an ebook that covers this exact method youve outlined, I can try dig it out for you if you wish.

Griffon

Weiter Weiter
That's a very good idea.

The only drawback I'd think of, would be the number of searches and hits you'd expect that your website will get. Since local searches usually have low traffic, but if you can find a keyword combination with enough searches, then you'll be good.

Although $350 a month will be too much, since you most likely won't make them that much every single month. $350 a year for inclusion would be awesome, plus I think adding the free listing will be worth it, or at least to get your website ranked. (You give them the option to add a reciporcal link and get added for free).

A good directory that I found a couple weeks back is The Economic Development Directory It's basically the same thing, it's a list of economic development firms around the whole world, and paying for inclusion costs $195-$310 depending on what you want, a one column box or two columns.

It's all up to you if you want to search for X directory where X is a profession or Location X where X is a profession. Just find something that WILL pay off. Do your research pretty damn well, and know your chances and everything you'll need to have in order to snipe #1 for your keyword.

A good method to promote such a website would be through calling these companies (Telemarketing) or through emails. If I were to start such a project I absolutely would be using the first option, since I have a really good experience with telemarketing. If you're not too experienced, there are some people who offer cold calling for an hour on Fiverr for $5 all you have to do is supply them with phone leads which can be sniped at yellowpages.com or superpages.com (The 2nd is AWESOME).. oh yeah if you're promoting to any other country.. just do a quick search on google for yellowpages for that country.

Hope that helps and if you need any help regarding something I'll be around :)

Good luck

..Oscar..

Make Money Online
Thank you all so much for your feedback. As a lot of you are concerned with the potential traffic, the keyword I am targeting gets 2900 searches a month. This should suffice, you must not forget that this is extremely target traffic. I believe that the dentists will also profit from this. If you think they charge even for a check up. Its a win win.

jclz123

Make Money Online
Basically I make a site rank it up for the keyword xxxxxx dentist or dentist in xxxxxxx. Approach dentists and sell them placement on my site for that region!

This my idea, but ive modified a bit (this is my write up)

Although this may seem straight forward, there a few extra obstacles for me to overcome.

I'm 16
I don't have a car
No contacts
No CAPITAL (don't worry I'm not asking for any)

But hey that's not that bad. At least my parents are supportive, infact very supportive.

So here's what I plan to do!

Register as a fully legal business, I really want to do it legitimately (tax is only 30%).

Scrape some start up capital. Will need about $300.

Buy a domain, It will be on this domain that I will promote my services, show dentists traffic stats ect.

Build a custom, hopefully high converting template in photoshop and dreamweaver.

Use adwords campaigns to determine what kind of traffic I could expect from my chosen keywords.

Buy 5 keyword optimized domains orientated close to my area. (I like to do business in person)

Build an attractive and functional template that I can use for my dental promotional pages.

Customize, fill with FRESH content and then on page optimize all sites.

Build some high quality back links with scrape box, targeting .edu's and high page ranks, while using beneficial

anchor text.

Wait.... Then determine rank and apply more back links if needed. Although competition is Insanely weak.

When sites are obtaining good exposure, I will begin to approach dentists.

I hope to use either communicate by phone on face to face, I feel as this will build confidence in the potential

client.

Trust me I plan to make this an extremely appealing option for them and hopefully from my sales page and my

"business skills" I will manage to entice some of them.

I plan to charge 500 a month NZD (350 USD) and offer them exclusive exposure rights.

Here's where my plan differs slightly...

I will offer them a 15 day "free trial" so they can evaluate my services. Im sure they will see a boost in

business! This will also bring in a lot more potential clients.

I will then set up a monthly invoice.

From what money the government lets me keep I will upscale and out source this thing.

Business studies teacher says I was useless... Ill show that bitch when I'm earning more than she does.

Any criticisms or problem as well and tips and tweaks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again guys
Don't do the 15 day trial. Other than that... Good luck! I was in the same position as you a few years ago.

NorCalRox

Make Money Online
This may or may not be a good idea. It really depends on where you live and if the local market is competitive on Yelp and Superpages.

borwick

Make Money Online
Hi Oscar
I'm interested as to how you are going with this.
I've read some of the suggestions below, and I think that using fiverr might set some people offside. Unless you can find someone with the right approach and the right accent.
Most small business people are obviously quite protective of their business - and quite defensive too. I think that you have to be careful to have someone who is a kiwi do the approaching
-or they will be quick to hang up. Lots of businesses out there are fed up with telemarketers - particularly those with foreign accents.
Do you or your parents know friends or family who have businesses? Can you do some work for them at 'mates rates' to get some references?
Maybe use good ole fashioned snail mail by sending prospects a very personalised letter, showing them just where they show up in Google for a precisely targetted keyword phrase.
Use something like 'faststone capture' (roughly $20USD) to take screenshots of what shows up in Google.
Explain that people are using Google to search for goods and services first, before shopping offline.
Then use a red marker pen to good effect - 'I can't find your business on the first page of Google!'
Underline words for emphasis.
Then put a proposal to them. Don't be a know it all.
I think that you may have a bit of trouble with $500 per month in a lot of categories. Particularly at the start and particularly with small businesses.
But you can build this up - especially after you have proven yourself.
Good Luck!

Moneymaker13

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
This is something I'm definitely going to try these next two weeks should be enough to get $300-$500 month depending on how many hits the site will be getting.

I saw it on BHW first.

Smart guy ..oscar.. I have a dating website called wink2date, would be great i you could help out with keyword search engine rankings as your seo skills sound awesome and I wish you all the best in the future, you have a good head on your shoulders.

thanks