What is the difference between domain and hosting. How do I get it?

Hey guys,

I am looking to get hostgator and wordpress for my first site. I don't know how to set it up though.

I want to get wordpress to do my hosting for ease of use since this is going to be my first site.

Appreciate it

Nedie

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
I'm going to briefly explain it to you :

- Hosting : this is a server where your files are stocked. In your case, it will be your wordpress files. You could be your own hoster by letting your computer run 24/24 but it is more common to buy a server which are ever online and stock your file in those.

- Domain name : this is the adress. You can get a .com, .org or .net to link your server to the right place. When user types the adress it redirects to the server.

> Where to buy : Buy both with a basic plan on Hostgator

- Hosting : this is a server where your files are stocked. In your case, it will be your wordpress files. You could be your own hoster by letting your computer run 24/24 but it is more common to buy a server which are ever online and stock your file in those.

- Domain name : this is the adress. You can get a .com, .org or .net to link your server to the right place. When user types the adress it redirects to the server.

Hey nedie, thanks for your suggestions. I bought a business plan though (lol) since it was $10 per month so i bought it but besides that, I bought all of it. Now I am waiting for the website to appear so I can start making changes to it.

I there. You first need to buy a domain name and a hosting account. After that you install wordpress.
Here's a video on how to install wordpress the easy way on hostgator: YouTube - ‪How to - WordPress Install through QuickInstall at HostGator.com‬‏
Hope it helps.
Any doubt post here. We will help you.
Hey griv, thanks for replying. I got my hosting & domain from hostgator. Now instead of the QuickInstall, I just used a thing called Fantastico De Luxe. Some ppl on youtube suggested that so I did it via that.

Now I am just waiting for the site to appear now cause right now, it still shows that no domain is found. I guess it takes time for host gator to start the servers and everything.
Is this normal?

When I try to log in via _____.com/wp-admin it still says no such site exists. It's been a few hours so I guess host gator is getting all the resources and everything together. I am expecting it to be live by tmmrw.
This is my first time so please provide your suggestions.

Thank you to both of you.

EDIT: Srry I dunno why the first part of the post looks dark. I don't know how to fix that. My apologies in advance.

UPDATE: Contacted Hostgator chat support (Now I can see why ppl compliment their service so much) and they told me how I had to verify my account via phone. So I called them and asked bout the problem with the site going live. They activated and in a few minutes, the site was visible and now people can view it too. NOW COMES THE THEMES/DECORATING/CONTENT/MONETIZATION.

AFTER THAT IS DONE. THE MAIN THING COMES INTO EFFECT - TRAFFIC!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chosen1

Very Active Members
In the future, i will suggest you google your questions because many of them can not only be easily found on google but you get instant results instead of sitting around and waiting for someone to answer. Good luck with your site

In the future, i will suggest you google your questions because many of them can not only be easily found on google but you get instant results instead of sitting around and waiting for someone to answer. Good luck with your site
Thanks. I did google but got no luck so I went on chat support to figure it out. They told me that I just had to activate my account. Now that I did it, the site was up in a few mins! :D

But yeah i agree that google helps a lot lol.

Domain - A domain name is a way to identify a website. Domain is the name for your website.Web hosting means host your website in online.

Hosting - To make your Web site visible to the world, it has to be hosted on a Web server. When you make a website and want other people to open your site through browser, you will need to publish (or upload) in a server. This process is known as website hosting.

I would suggest to get the domain and hosting service from 9CubeHosting.com You will be pleased by their affordable prices, attractive offers and knowledgeable support.

A Domain Name is a recognizable proof string that characterizes a realm of authoritative self-sufficiency, power or control inside of the Internet. Domain names are formed by the tenets and systems of the DNS. Any name enlisted in the DNS is a Domain name. The principal level arrangement of domain names is the top-level domains, including the generic top-level domains, for example, the conspicuous domains com, net, edu, info, and org, and the country code top-level domains.

On another side a hosting service is a kind of Internet hosting administration that permits people and associations to make their site available by means of the World Wide Web. Web hosts are those organizations that give space on a server possessed or rented for utilization by customers, and also give Internet network, regularly in a server farm. A portion of the hosting organizations give Free domains, free disk space, and boundless data transmission.

IX Web Hosting company is one of those companies which provide these types of services and plans. It also provides WordPress Hosting service with 3 free domains, 30- day money back guarantee, 24x7x365 WordPress-Trained Support.

For wordpress you can easily regsiter with them and pay their fee and you will get a domain name of your choice and also can managed your website using all wordpress features OR you can also sign up with a hosting company and choose their wordpress web hosting offer, there are many many companies who are providing such services, just spend some time on the internet and you will get what you want.

domain means computers are communicated by using numbers are called ip address.
Hosting is much like a space that you rent out to have your business in. It's solely the space itself.

yeah agree with you