Which is Best FREE Antivirus ?

Unthreat

I recommend you try Unthreat, it's a free antivirus and it's easy to use. It updates it's virus DB regularly and doesn't slow down my computer while running. I haven't had a virus since I downloaded it so it gets the job done.

netim

Make Money Online
Got to say that I agree with what many other have said here. Avast is a great free anti-virus program and I also use Malwarebyte's Anti Malware alongside it.

CashCleaner

SUPER MODERATOR
I personally use Eset Nod32 Security Suite at home but at the office I have used Kaspsersky, Mcafee and Sophos.

None of which are free but I feel security is something that is worthy of spending on (unless you know ways round it)

T.S.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Microsoft Security Essentials. I know, I know, it's Microsoft blablablah and all but honestly, *knock wood* my system has been clean since I've been using it a year and a half ago. And yes, I was using Avast and Avira prior to my SE discovery.
Microsoft security essentials is pretty good free antivirus.. I found that it's pretty good catching malware
I have also had good luck with Microsoft Security Essentials over the past few years. I would recommend checking it out if you have never tried it.