Will Facebook become extinct like Myspace?

According to the new stats Facebook and twitter are loosing followers specially teens . Teens see Facebook as a place only for mom and dad, they're likely to adopt a new hang out online of their own. And, Facebook will go the way of Myspace and the dinosaurs and become extinct.But buying whats app was a bold move on Marks's part. What do you think will happen?Is there definite chance that Facebook will bounce back?
Whats your opinion ?

I highly doubt facebook will become extinct, not anytime soon at least. I I believe Facebook is like a Google, or Coke, they arent going away anytime soon. in terms of social media, they are the Top in there market, it'll be hard to top them for a while in my opinion.

I highly doubt facebook will become extinct, not anytime soon at least. I I believe Facebook is like a Google, or Coke, they arent going away anytime soon. in terms of social media, they are the Top in there market, it'll be hard to top them for a while in my opinion.
Good reference you gave about Coke. Because Coke came before Pepsi and to reinvent itself and compete with Pepsi it changed and redefined its product(taste and container design) and people really disliked the new Coke. But after some time they still survived all the mess and still came on top.
So I think with the phenomena of dark sharing prevailing the web now Facebook will need to make some drastic changes to come on top again.Because people are becoming more paranoid about sharing their life on Facebook and are resorting more towards private sharing and messaging.

MySpace was the social network of the Internet that wasn't yet the "mature" internet - it was too chaotic, you could make your pages so packed with terrible graphics and music that really slowed down loading times... Facebook is neat. Clean. Optimized for the best, fastest, most addictive user experience. So it's going to be around for a while, I think...

I highly doubt that it is going to be like Myspace…but it is certainly not going to be ‘cool’ anymore. It is turning into just another page on the Internet. I know that for many younger people it has basically replaced their messaging service or their email service…but I doubt that it is ever going to go away.

I use my Facebook Business Page to market to my local customers. It is very effective. The key is to learn how to use social media as a marketing too. The key is sharing great content to your customer base. These skills could be used in any social media.

Myspace is also a best social bookmarking sites is just like a facebook. Myspace is the best place for the people to share their views and share the images.

I think that at some point it is going to go away, although I am sure Zuckerberg is trying hard to keep that away from their advertisers so that he can make more money. I know for a fact that the teen age group is going away. I am 12 years older than my youngest sister and can use this as a good example.
I joined Facebook back in 2007. It had been around for a bit of time by then, but was still pretty new and exciting. This was the first social media site I had ever gone on so I do not have much to compare with it. I used this all of the time to talk to friends, put pictures up, and to learn new things.
Now my sister is 13 and she barely uses Facebook. She is on it, but mostly she does it in order to share posts with me about my kids so you barely see her on there. She works with some of the other sites like snapchat and even I, a mother of two who is barely on, have more friends than she does.
Even my use of Facebook has changed over the years. As mentioned before, I was the typical user for Facebook for a long time. After awhile, this changed. I use this more as a type of newspaper instead of a socialization site. I do not have many people on this site outside of family to keep up with news. I use the garage sales to find things for my kids like clothes and other things we need (I’m a huge cheapskate), and to keep up on the things that happen in the town I live.
I know that advertisements are popular with this site, but it is not something that I look at that often. I find it kind of bad that all the ads on my site have to do with products I already purchased or already looked at, from the exact same site. Really not enticing for me to purchase.
So while I think Facebook is going to stay around for quite some time, I do not think it is going to be as good as it was in the past and at some point it will be gone. It is already deminsing

I believe it has slowed down already. In fact there has been statistics that show as such. With my fb friends I can see where people that have posted and received many likes to their post, now have very few people liking them. I believe they are getting tired of the same person constantly posting about themselves and I think that they are suffering from boredom.

I use my Facebook Business Page to market to my local customers. It is very effective. The key is to learn how to use social media as a marketing too. The key is sharing great content to your customer base. These skills could be used in any social media.
Wow Chris! How do you get your customers? Is your business offline? I haven't any luck with my Facebook Business Pages. I recently created a few fb fan pages and thought I'd have great success with sells. To my dismay fb won't allow people to contact the fans that liked my page. Has anyone else realized the same flaw when paying them for boosting a page for likes?

The social network, which celebrates its 10th birthday on 4 February, has survived longer than rivals such as Myspace and Bebo, but the Princeton forecast says it will lose 80% of its peak user base within the next three years.