A amazon associates history

Frigge30

Very Active Members
Well you don't have far to look in terms of what area's are working for people, you only have to look in this Journal section and see threads from Monopoly & British Lion to see a Solid Niche website is the way to go. As for tools it depends entirely on what work your prepared to do yourself, myself I only use tools for research and site creation, as these are the area's myself I am interested in, but as for link building and SEO I tend to outsource most of the work, and the same applies for most the content. I am happy to brainstorm idea's though, I will be setting up a new Skype account shortly, and will look to add a few users on here. Until then feel free to pm me any sorts of questions or idea's you wish to discuss.
i wuld be realy glad to be on your skype list when you search for people to put on it :)

as for now im trying to download my copy of FSB, seams that they have some problem with the download cuz i do only get a page full with letters and numbers and if i take save target as i get one file named getscript so that is something wrong.. i have opend a suport ticket for it so hopfully i can get it tonight

Frigge30

Very Active Members
got some updates on the shop build...

i have got FSB to work, almost anyway :) i got some errors with ioncube when i look at a products description but a support ticket is open for it so i hope that it will be fixed soon...
have some design left to do and find out how to ad adsens to it... i have got one skyscraper to the left of the page under the product categorys and i cant find anyway to ad some others type of banner to the site, all i can find with banners is that you upload banner pictures but no html banners so i can ad adsense to other places... will check that out closer but right now thats not prio one...

have all the product categorys in place and are starting to add auto population to them so that the system will fill up with products... think it ads 10 products / hour so it takes some time... hopfully the shop will be online in one or two days

Frigge30

Very Active Members
got to say that FSB support is one of the best i have been involved with... they fixed the errors i got on my site so i think the shop will be up tonight

Frigge30

Very Active Members
so now is the store open.. weeee :) havent got all the products added yet cuz thats on a timer so its ads alitle at the time so mr google dont thinks my site ****´s
new thing is thats its spinns some info so its is uniqe, hope thats works and get me some more trafik,

have some to do on the design like ad some adsense and some banners and things but im not home right now so it will be tomorrow

Niche Samurai

Very Active Members
so now is the store open.. weeee :) havent got all the products added yet cuz thats on a timer so its ads alitle at the time so mr google dont thinks my site ****´s
new thing is thats its spinns some info so its is uniqe, hope thats works and get me some more trafik,

have some to do on the design like ad some adsense and some banners and things but im not home right now so it will be tomorrow
Excellent progress man :) The store is looking alot sharper and more clean cut, this will help on the sales front for sure.
As for FSB's support I know there up there myself, worked on a few stores with them a while back and they pretty much would get the store off the ground for me, and fixed errors on the spot, so I would highly recommend them to others.
Please keep this up to date with your progress on sales/clicks with adsense I'm curious to see by how much your sites revenue will increase.
All you have to do now is get this store going and rinse and repeat before you know it you have 10 stores making consistent income per day.
Also feel free to pm me your Skype, am looking to get like minded people like yourself on there working on similar projects.
Good luck to you.

Frigge30

Very Active Members
have got answers now on how to ad adsense to other places on the site other than the left sidebar so i will do some of that and do some design and content work... think i will try to ad some hunting guides or artikels to the site to... anyone have any tip on whats the best placement for adsens ads ??

Niche Samurai

Very Active Members
have got answers now on how to ad adsense to other places on the site other than the left sidebar so i will do some of that and do some design and content work... think i will try to ad some hunting guides or artikels to the site to... anyone have any tip on whats the best placement for adsens ads ??
You could try offering a free gift in exchange for them signing up to your mailing list, in which you can promote affiliate products instead of just Amazon products, offer them a free ebook or something describing how to clean a grease a gun properly ect. They get something they wanted and in return you get there emails, and possible commissions in the future. Have a look into a site like Aweber.
As for adsense I would only use it once my site was established, but placing it in your content such as articles or above the article to make it look like part of your content is a good way to mop up a few clicks per day.

Frigge30

Very Active Members
You could try offering a free gift in exchange for them signing up to your mailing list, in which you can promote affiliate products instead of just Amazon products, offer them a free ebook or something describing how to clean a grease a gun properly ect. They get something they wanted and in return you get there emails, and possible commissions in the future. Have a look into a site like Aweber.
As for adsense I would only use it once my site was established, but placing it in your content such as articles or above the article to make it look like part of your content is a good way to mop up a few clicks per day.
yes i was thinking of something like that... but i havent found out yet where i can find the emails from the newsletter sign up... i tryed myself to sign up for the newsletter at my site but i haven find out where i can see the emails... will look in to that so. got to find something good to use as a gift to...

Niche Samurai

Very Active Members
yes i was thinking of something like that... but i havent found out yet where i can find the emails from the newsletter sign up... i tryed myself to sign up for the newsletter at my site but i haven find out where i can see the emails... will look in to that so. got to find something good to use as a gift to...
There are many ways you can create a free gift, you could even just copy already existing information from information sites, and just change it slightly, also you may want to think about editing the ebook to include some affiliate links itself, this is a good way to get some decent commission before they have even joined your mailing list.
I've just up'd my journal give it a read, and share your thoughts.

Frigge30

Very Active Members
There are many ways you can create a free gift, you could even just copy already existing information from information sites, and just change it slightly, also you may want to think about editing the ebook to include some affiliate links itself, this is a good way to get some decent commission before they have even joined your mailing list.
I've just up'd my journal give it a read, and share your thoughts.
great.. will read it asap :)

Frigge30

Very Active Members
so now have i worked some on the site and i have tryed to ad some adsense to it.. dont know if i like the placement but its was a test to see if i did manage to ad it... in FSB its not as easy as adding some thing like that in a menu.. u have to edit .php files and that was not my strong card but i did it so...
but i thinking of using a FSB service when i get money and let them ad adsense to the site in optimal places, its cost 50$ and i think its worth it so the ads are optimal for my site...
other than that i have been working some on backlinking and on my twitter page... will take care of my google + page this weekend to.. i have created it but havent had time to do anything on it so thats got to bee done...

so now when the site is up again i will post some stats from my host´s stats and some alexa ( there is a big suprise :) ) first i post the new stats and after in ( ) the old

Visitors: 6628, uv 4031 (5544, uv 3344) the site has been down most of that time so
Visitors / day ~250 (~600) again it has been down
alexa: 4,983,959 (7,321,857) thats nice to see
alexa us rank: 810,865
Page rank: 0 :(

acording to my host´s statspage i got this link stats to my site
Google: 743
Yahoo: 30
unknown search engine: 6

and if i read the stats page right i have got some organic traffic to so my keywords do work i think

hopfully i can clime some in page rank now when its up and running... its not so fun to have pg 0 but it will come i hope...
im planing on working more on traffic now when the site is up and when my paycheck from my day job comes now next week i will see if i can find anything on fiverr thats can help my site
get more traffic and hopfully a sale

the most fantastic thing is that in the FSB admin area i can see that i have had a checkout today but i cant see any sales on amazon,,, but to have that someone have put something in the shopping basket is a big step for me and its trigger me to
do more and better things to the site

Niche Samurai

Very Active Members
so now have i worked some on the site and i have tryed to ad some adsense to it.. dont know if i like the placement but its was a test to see if i did manage to ad it... in FSB its not as easy as adding some thing like that in a menu.. u have to edit .php files and that was not my strong card but i did it so...
but i thinking of using a FSB service when i get money and let them ad adsense to the site in optimal places, its cost 50$ and i think its worth it so the ads are optimal for my site...
other than that i have been working some on backlinking and on my twitter page... will take care of my google + page this weekend to.. i have created it but havent had time to do anything on it so thats got to bee done...

so now when the site is up again i will post some stats from my host´s stats and some alexa ( there is a big suprise :) ) first i post the new stats and after in ( ) the old

Visitors: 6628, uv 4031 (5544, uv 3344) the site has been down most of that time so
Visitors / day ~250 (~600) again it has been down
alexa: 4,983,959 (7,321,857) thats nice to see
alexa us rank: 810,865
Page rank: 0 :(

acording to my host´s statspage i got this link stats to my site
Google: 743
Yahoo: 30
unknown search engine: 6

and if i read the stats page right i have got some organic traffic to so my keywords do work i think

hopfully i can clime some in page rank now when its up and running... its not so fun to have pg 0 but it will come i hope...
im planing on working more on traffic now when the site is up and when my paycheck from my day job comes now next week i will see if i can find anything on fiverr thats can help my site
get more traffic and hopfully a sale

the most fantastic thing is that in the FSB admin area i can see that i have had a checkout today but i cant see any sales on amazon,,, but to have that someone have put something in the shopping basket is a big step for me and its trigger me to
do more and better things to the site
Good to see your getting along with the script ok , your ad placement seems fine you just might have to tweak it a little to make it more blue to match the theme, other than that, a solid looking site & ready to make some sales.
One thing you might want to look into, the only thing i can think of, is adding a Blog to your site, you can simply do this by installing wordpress to the extension /blog on your domain, then all you do is link it on your shop and in sitemap.
It can either be a blog or be a product review section, then you simply do some keyword research for products, and try get some long tail traffic for your buyer keywords, bringing in lots of ready buyers for your site. To match theme simply rip the CSS and blend it together to match your shop, or find a nice light blue theme somewhere else.
This will mean you can add endless content and pull in more traffic in the long run.

Frigge30

Very Active Members
Good to see your getting along with the script ok , your ad placement seems fine you just might have to tweak it a little to make it more blue to match the theme, other than that, a solid looking site & ready to make some sales.
One thing you might want to look into, the only thing i can think of, is adding a Blog to your site, you can simply do this by installing wordpress to the extension /blog on your domain, then all you do is link it on your shop and in sitemap.
It can either be a blog or be a product review section, then you simply do some keyword research for products, and try get some long tail traffic for your buyer keywords, bringing in lots of ready buyers for your site. To match theme simply rip the CSS and blend it together to match your shop, or find a nice light blue theme somewhere else.
This will mean you can add endless content and pull in more traffic in the long run.
will look into making the ads bluish right now and installing a blog at the same time... thanks for the tip.
dont know if i will do a ordinary blogg or review blog... will think abute it when i set it up.
got to work some on my google+ page to and link that to the shop...

Frigge30

Very Active Members
I don't get why you care about alexa and pr. it really does not matter. it's irrelevant.
well i dont realy care abute it but i use it in the stats only for referenc like if the alex score go down or the pagerank go up something is going better with the site... or its gives me some confidens that im doing something right.. as u all know im a noob at this so anything thats show me that im doing something right is good and if i see the alexa score go down i know that something is going right...

thats how i see it... then if it is right or wrong i cant tell

Frigge30

Very Active Members
have done some work on the ad colors now and installed a blog and a theme but its geting late here in sweden and tomorow its time to go back to work :(
will do some more work at the blog in the week but its a start anyway...

here is the blog -> The Hunters Blog

i think the theme was realy nice but maybe i will use one with a lighter background...

Frigge30

Very Active Members
today im realy happy... did a google search this morning for hunting shop and i was on the first page wohoooo. six place but over me was some realy big companys like cabelas and bass pro so im realy happy with that
havent check any other keywords but "hunting shop" is realy generic and there is alot of them so that im on the first page is great i think.

hav had some checkouts on my site but i cant see anything at amazon so im alitle worry that its something wrong with the conection so i dont get pay if a sales is on.. have to check that out...

but right now im going to celebrate that im on the first page with a was i thing hige comp keyword...

Niche Samurai

Very Active Members
today im realy happy... did a google search this morning for hunting shop and i was on the first page wohoooo. six place but over me was some realy big companys like cabelas and bass pro so im realy happy with that
havent check any other keywords but "hunting shop" is realy generic and there is alot of them so that im on the first page is great i think.

hav had some checkouts on my site but i cant see anything at amazon so im alitle worry that its something wrong with the conection so i dont get pay if a sales is on.. have to check that out...

but right now im going to celebrate that im on the first page with a was i thing hige comp keyword...
Great progress man, with your blog, I would personally go down the route of reviews because it will pull in people who are more likely to make a purchase, so if each post is name something like "nikon 7216 action 8x40mm binoculars review" then a short review of the product, and links to your sites product page if you already sell the item or to Amazon directly with affiliate links, there's lots of options, but be sure from you blog its very easy for them to see your shop because that's where you will want all the traffic to go. When using adsense with an E-commerce store, i normally wait until i have made a few sales to show the users are happy enough with my site to begin buying. Then place them around.
Have you began making sales on any items yet?