An Effective Way To Find Out a Profitable Keyword That Can Be Easily Ranked Well !!

IamChanGing

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, this will be my very first share here. Anyway, I'm still a noob compared to many others here.

Note* : I'm not a native speaker so please do bear with my English if it sounds too bad... :redface:

Introduction :

Basically in this tutorial I will be talking about how to leverage this to find out some good keywords that can be monetized from Google Adsense and also can be used to easily outrank your competitors. So this will not include traffic driving techniques or some other similar things. The objective here is to find out a very solid and profitable keyword that will last in the long run and also can be easily ranked on the 1st page of Google. You can even flip your blog/website in the future if you'd like to do so.

Alright, no more BS and let's go into the tutorial now :)

Step 1

Before you choose any keywords for this method, you have to do some market research. Don't worry about what costly or fancy keyword research tools that you "must have" in this method, because the Google Adwords Keyword Tool which is free will definitely suffice the needs for this method. Tips : I prefer creating an Adwords account at Google so that I don't have to type the "captcha" whenever I search for a particular keyword, this is up to you though.

Step 2

Now you have all the tools with you and you're going to start with the keyword brainstorming part to get an idea on which main keyword has the commercial intent and dig further into it.

Here are some good places that you can find out some good ideas :

1. CPA Network Offers ( You can use OfferVault to get ideas )

This is the fastest way for me to find out a profitable market/niche that can be used ( this is just my personal experience ), if there is no money to be made there won't be any advertisers.

2. Amazon top best selling products

3. eBay pulse

4. Clickbank market place.

And there are lots of other places that you can get the market/niche ideas that you wanna dabble in. You guys may provide some lists here too, it will benefit everyone of us :)

Step 3

Now you have the "main keyword" for a particular niche, for example, teeth whitening ( This keyword will only be used in this example ). Then you have to analyze this main keyword with the Google Adwords tool.

Remember to tick the "Use synonyms" box before you begin with the search. After you get the search results, you have to modify the keyword tool for a little bit.

Go to the "Choose columns to display" drop down box and show these 2 columns, Search Volume Trends and Estimated Avg. CPC.

Note*: If you're not from the US, you have to take an extra step right after you show the "Estimated Avg. CPC" column. Go to "Calculate estimates using a different maximum CPC bid" and choose US dollars from the drop down box.

After this, go to "Match Type" and choose "Exact" from the drop down box.

And now you're all set with the modification.

Step 4

Now you need to look for keywords with these criteria :

1. Estimated Avg. CPC - more than $2.00 per click ( preferably $3 - $4 )

2. Advertiser Competition - the green bar is full

3. Local Search Volume - at least 2000 searches a month

4. Global Monthly Search Volume - at least 2000 searches a month

5. Search Volume Trends - pay attention to the "flow chart", preferably from low to high

Step 5

After you choose those keywords that meet the criteria, you're now going to do some SEO competition research. This will be done by some solid old-school techniques that always work the best ( at least for me :) ).

Our objective in this step is to get our keyword ranked on the 1st page of Google. So we must be very sure that we can outrank our competitors for this particular keyword.

Step one - Go to Google and type your keyword into the search box in this form, "your keyword here", for example, "dog training", "teeth whitening", so on and so forth.

Step two - Look at the figure highlighted in red on the pic below :

Try to find keywords that have the smallest figure. This figure shows that how many competing pages are out there on Google. So the fewer the competing pages, the easier the particular keyword can be ranked for in terms of "time". So this is really up to you, but IMO, the smaller the figure, the better and faster you can rank your keyword.

Step 3 - Ok now we're only interested in getting our keywords ranked on Google page one, aren't we :D I usually only go for the top 5 pages on page one, but some people do take all 10 pages on page one into consideration.

Go into those pages and look for these few things manually on your own ( no paid tools are needed ) :

Google Page Rank ( Remember to install Google Toolbar or some other plugins that will show PR, I only use Google toolbar :) ) -

Pages that have PR 0 - 2 can be easily outranked in no time ( like about a week or two, it depends on your off-page factor a lot too ) if your keyword does not have too many competing pages ( bear this in mind ).

Title, Meta Description, H1 Tag -

You can check this really fast and accurately by looking at the HTML source page ( there are so many paid tools that don't really give you accurate results of this, so I do prefer do it manually to ensure my keyword is worth putting in the effort :) ).

I assume most of you here are using FF and IE as your main browsers. To look at the HTML source for a particular web page, you just need to go to the "View tab" and click on "Page Source" if you're a FF user. For IE user, just go to the "Page" tab on the right-top and click on "View Source".

You will see something in the pic as below :

Use the search function on this to make it handy and save time, press Ctrl + F and search for these :

<title
<meta name="description
<h1

You have to analyze the SEO on-page factor by doing so to identity the SEO strength of this particular web page.

If this particular web page does not include the keyword within the criteria, title, description and H1 tag, this simply means this web page is very weak on the SEO on-page factor. And hence it will make you easier to outrank this particular web page from the Google 1st page SEO listing.

For example, if you find something like below ( dog training will be the keyword in this case ) :

<title>Dog Training Advice - Puppy Training Tips</title>

"Dog Training" is included in the title, so this person is taking care on his/her web page's SEO on-page factor.

If non of this keyword "Dog Training" can be found on the title, description and H1 tag, then it's much easier for you to outrank the competitors for your keyword.

So I usually just check on the "top 5 pages" on Google page one for my keyword. If 2 out of 5 are not doing good on the SEO on-page factor, I will take this keyword into my arsenal.

So this is basically how I choose a profitable keyword to rank for Google Adsense or Site Flipping. There is a very important thing you must bear in mind, SEO off-page factor ( link building, site promoting, etc ) always plays the most important part at getting your keywords ranked well on Google. After choosing a right keyword, you still have to put lots of effort to build up your solid White Hat earnings.

This tutorial is only for you to lower the "risk" of being a dumb marketer who always goes for a very "wrong" keyword.

I really hope this will help out some of you here.

Any criticism is welcome and we're all here to help each other.

Enjoy!

Cheers~

ICG

IamChanGing

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Morituri :)

Cheers ~

ICG

online4cash

Make Money Online
Reaction score
very impressive post... Must be very good read... Thank for your efforts 4 writing everyone..
:)

cooldude1

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Thats really cool guide . I use it everyday . But i digg little more and i like to add something to your thread and please let me know your review .

After finding a good keyword like dog training ( through google keyword ) , I like to go to the google sktool to digg more (Search-based keyword tool)

Its so much precise ( and its free )

There after to go more digg i like to see that excet how many competitors )
so i type in the google
intitle:"dog training"inurl:"dog training"
you will see the perfect number of competitors and that will help you to decide which keyword you should target .

IamChanGing

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Thats really cool guide . I use it everyday . But i digg little more and i like to add something to your thread and please let me know your review .

After finding a good keyword like dog training ( through google keyword ) , I like to go to the google sktool to digg more (Search-based keyword tool)

Its so much precise ( and its free )

There after to go more digg i like to see that excet how many competitors )
so i type in the google
intitle:"dog training"inurl:"dog training"
you will see the perfect number of competitors and that will help you to decide which keyword you should target .
According to the theory and my very own experience, allintitle ( all the pages that have the keyword in title ) and allinurl ( all the pages that have the keyword in URL ) don't affect much for a particular keyword that can be ranked for ( You can even ignore these 2 if you're really doing good in Off-Page SEO ). In fact, both of these elements are very good to even "perfect" your SEO.

Nevertheless, I will still always include my keyword into my URL too. Anyway, this tutorial is for you all to "find out" a good keyword that can be monetized and will last.

PS : And yup, thanks for adding the Search-based keyword tool on Google, it's indeed a quite decent tool ( which is totally free ) for mining even more keywords into your potential keyword list.

Thanks for adding up this, like seeing people sharing stuff :)

Cheers,

ICG

cooldude1

Make Money Online
Reaction score
hi

hey I appreciate that you like my sharings ..:)

BankNit

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Good post, learned a thing or two from it :). Lol, why does everyone use dog training in their niche research tutorials.

Jackz

Make Money Online
Reaction score
....or try to use MarketSamurai ;)
talking about the number of competing pages imho this is not a crucial factor compared with the amount of page backlinks of the competing websites...

..if there are 6.000.000 of pages for the Keyword you are looking for, but the first websites have a dozen of backlinks, its easy to rank at top of serps

digitalcrew

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Very nice post and it's an excellent share, you can automate parts of the keywords research procedure with Traffic Travis (I don't know if it is popular) or use my favorite Market Samurai tool.

MontyzPython

Reaction score
Keyword Research 101. Great post though and good way to write it up.

I use Adword Analyzer and Micro Niche Finder for this kind of stuff and it works like a charm every time.

Roma

Make Money Online
Reaction score
You made a full tutorial! Thanks a lot!

iamarogue

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Nicely done...

Really impressive share. Great detail and from a rookie(like me) Way to go..