Core site SEO question?

BaneAb

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was reading a few places around the web that mentioned using a sites base name to penetrate hard to get google rankings.

For instance, say I want to target the phrase 'flipping burger' but www . flippingburger . com is taken (up for sale, but ugh). If I get www . flippingburgers . com instead, will it still be powerful for 'flipping burger'?

Cheers,
Bane

Aftershock2020

Make Money Online
Reaction score
It is all about the keywords and the content relevance to them...the domain name plays such a small part in this equation that it is a mute point to worry about that.

Sites make their brand, rank and successfrom dominating the niche market they are in by owning the keywords and content targeted around them. Go for something that sounds cool and implies what your site is about, not actually worrying about coming out and saying it directly in the domain name you select.

Think of it from a word of mouth perspective...i.e. google, facebook, twitter...all top fo their game but don't state the keyword in their names at all.

janderx

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Keywords separated by hyphens also works.

Melissa

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
What about .net / .biz / .info etc? How about flipping-burger.com like the last guy suggested?
The domain name may not matter to SEO businesses, but it will matter to your customers. No one will take Walmarts.con seriously right?
I think that buying the registered one is a good option, for a few extra dollars- Make it professional :)

Aftershock2020

Make Money Online
Reaction score
What about .net / .biz / .info etc? How about flipping-burger.com like the last guy suggested?
The domain name may not matter to SEO businesses, but it will matter to your customers. No one will take Walmarts.con seriously right?
I think that buying the registered one is a good option, for a few extra dollars- Make it professional :)
Hyphens work, however, the customers you spoke of are going to be more focused on ' simple and easy to remember ' domains, that is why the ones that are the most popular are simple, easy to say, interactive and mainly because of their social status of using user-generated content, which is a whole other topic in itself. Remember to keep it simple. If you list a bunch of hyphens or the like, you are going to have issues later with word of mouth advertising, which is what social marketing is.