It doesn't need to be Black.

God of Hell Fire

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
A lot of people often correspond the Ebay Partner Network and Blackhat as being a cookie stuffer. That’s true in some cases, but not in mine.
I’ve been doing some smaller studies and seeing what kind of damage I can do with EPN, and now that I’ve hit $1000 I figure I should report how I did it and more importantly, my response to the “random terminations†that EPN has been doing (in my opinion).
As of right now here are my stats “all time†and I will round to the closest logical number to make it easier to understand.
Clicks: ~13100
EPC: ~$7.95
Earnings: ~$1000
These are not exact results obviously, but here’s the funny thing. I hold a high EPC, I don’t cookie stuff what-so-ever and all of my visitors go to the products that they’re looking for. That’s my whole reasoning for me not being terminated from EPN so far. There were some days where I had 300-400 uniques a day, per site and I was running maybe 3-4 sites. I’m about to scale this out to about 700 and see what kind of numbers I can run with that. We’ll call that the “followup EPN & Blackhat casestudyâ€. This is not using any link spam what-so-ever and also no cloaking. The methods for the content itself is actually whitehat so it’s very hard to consider this blackhat at all. The only reason I am, is due to the fact that the sites DO get penalized due to … I’m assuming “lack of good quality contentâ€.
There’s a good detail to that, though. They may be penalized, but instead of pulling 300-400 uniques a day they still pull 30-50 uniques a day per domain. So my assumption is that with 700 of them running, even when penalized, I’ll be able to keep up with around 21,000 uniques/day lowball and 35,000 highball. Obviously this is a goal to shoot for, but the actual reasoning behind dictates probably higher penalties and problems trying to scale. I guess we’ll find out just how much it will, assuming I don’t kick the crap out of my server and send it into a million pieces and/or start a datacenter fire.
My costs for this case study were low. A total of $50 was spent. Yes, you heard me right, $50 was spent and over $1000 return. The timeframe for this was really thrown off, I would work a little on it then let it sit. Total time invested in this was about 4-5 hours. 5 hours and $1000 later, that’s not bad for $200 an hour. A total of 4 domains were used, and I have 7 sitting which I’m going to use for this next test.
The method behind this is obviously a win/win situation.
For EPN

• I provide high-converting traffic
  • I don’t cookie stuff
  • I provide volume
  • I provide sales
  • There’s no reason for them to terminate me.
For Me

• Low Time Invested
  • Low Money Invested
  • Big Profit Potential When Scaled
Now, to address the “random EPN terminations†I believe that they have an algorithm on the backend that runs every now and again (like the Google slaps) that calculates both your EPC, conversions, and more importantly in/out keyword purchase ratio. Every time I read about someone that got terminated they were doing whitehat and legit things (with the exception of a few, obviously). What I think happens is that EPN tracks the keyword that the user came in on, and compares that with what they buy. If the user buys something later on that isn’t related to that product (to be safe lets say the same product category) - you get flagged. This will not happen due to one person of course, but lets say if 40%+ of your ’sales’ are from unrelated searches, you get a ‘termination’.
This is just my take on it, but it does explain why I can keep on with my account and consistently provide traffic and make money - and some white hats have been terminated. But of course, this is my opinion and I can’t confirm it what so ever.

Sager

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
I am very interested in the details of how you did this... Any chance you can give a walk through or at least let me see your sites and try to emulate??