Link building slow or Fast, which one is good

bijender007seo

Make Money Online
"Basically, if we build all of your links at once, or too fast, Google senses this as spam. Google will therefore penalize your site in the rankings. While there is no set rule about how quickly or how many links you can get, it's wise to limit you inbound links to about a dozen or so per day."
What you think?

weirdo

Make Money Online
honestly speaking, the speed which you build your links doesn't really matter. Google has openly mentioned that it doesn't matter. You might go thru the Google dance effect where your site rankings drop temporarily, but that is not a punishment and your site will bounce back shortly.

jacobus

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
"Basically, if we build all of your links at once, or too fast, Google senses this as spam. Google will therefore penalize your site in the rankings. While there is no set rule about how quickly or how many links you can get, it's wise to limit you inbound links to about a dozen or so per day."
What you think?
yes, they say Google likes 'natural' site progression, not 1,000 links overnight.

bluewolf

Make Money Online
Getting a lot of backlinks at a short time can get you banned or sandboxed, but getting too few links will probably not be much helpful to your ranking.
The secret is finding the right rate of building links that won't penalize your site and as other people already mentioned, if you have an aged domain it's much easier to spam links.

yes natural link building is good in the long run. If you have an aged domain it should not matter much, even if your website drops on the serps do not stop building links to your website, because google will see if you are building links on regular basis, your website will come back to its position in some days or weeks.

martinpc

Make Money Online
Hi this is a bit related to the topic, I have a situation on my website its an old domain but it has a a noindex, nofollow meta tag before that's why the homepage wasn't indexed. I managed to change it and began building links on it, it got indexed and it ranked on the top 40 but jumps to top 60 from time to time then goes back to top 40, the keywords won't break the top 30 barrier, I asked a few people and they said that it might be a -30 penalty. do you know how to get out of that penalty if ever?

My link building is around 40 per day. I'm not sure if the site is really penalized (I hope not) knowing that it has issues before. but I'm just getting paranoid. :)

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Atemi

Make Money Online
I say focus on quality backlinks instead. These will be worth a lot more to your sites than just constantly getting bunches of links.

Doing what Google likes tends to make a lot more money when marketing using Google. Sounds like common sense, but so few do it.

cloudtouched

Make Money Online
well, in my opinion, the number of links per day doesn't matter much. but the quality of the link does. If the page that is linking back to you has a high PR, that link will probably look better in Google's eyes

shoxy

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
from experince - building backlinks to new domain ,take it slow make it look human no more than 5-10 back links 2-3 times a week for the first month or 2 (depends on your index) another trick is to make a couple web2.0 site link to your site and build massive back links to the web2.0 - for some reason big G just love web2.0.

wcd

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
moderate it

try some time at backlinking , advertising , getting traffic

if u spend all time backlinking....i.e like creating 5k per day

then focus on spamming for traffic its bound to make a note to Search Engines :|
a

mrwill

Make Money Online
honestly speaking, the speed which you build your links doesn't really matter. Google has openly mentioned that it doesn't matter. You might go thru the Google dance effect where your site rankings drop temporarily, but that is not a punishment and your site will bounce back shortly.
yah, I compelely agree with you. Plus, just do it on a regularly basis and naturally or else Google will suspect your sudden and overload backlinks :)

alonso

Make Money Online
You should build links according to your quality and quantity of
your traffic.
1k links with 1 visitor a day is not normal.
Links from Usa edu and gov with traffic from Asia and Africa
is not normal as well.
You should balance anchored links with just links to domain.
You should also balance linking to internal pages and
interlink between them.
Don't forget a few outbound links to authority sites.
There is more but you have here the beginning.

Good luck.